Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jasonm......car headlight intensity.  (Read 6572 times)

STEMO

Re: Jasonm......car headlight intensity.
« Reply #45 on: 02 December 2016, 15:11:17 »

The really bright DRL's are what boils my piss, especially those Citroen's/DS3's or whatever they want to call them .... the ones with the really bright DRL's in a very bright line on each side of the front bumper...

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/images/car-reviews/first-drives/legacy/citroen-as-ds3-a-0751.jpg%3Fitok%3DJPDHc1-U&imgrefurl=http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2016-ds-3-prices-and-specification-revealed&h=596&w=900&tbnid=IPS9Ts3-BEdVAM:&vet=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=200&docid=Z4teFr36ElCXNM&itg=1&usg=___aLZ-Gl4UmQDBHLPN7uoI16n5Vo=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVr_Oo3NXQAhWEHsAKHVSjCYoQ_B0InAEwCg&ei=W4VBWNWVFIS9gAbUxqbQCA

The bright lights never bothered me until I started to drive my Classic Mini, and now every ruddy headlight blinds me...

The folk who don't have their lights on at night (because of DRL's) should get pulled and issued with a fixed penalty/fine for driving without due care and attention....
By whom....?  ::)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 December 2016, 20:59:55 »

By whom...? what...?

Get pulled....? By the Police...?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

ted_one

« Reply #47 on: 02 December 2016, 21:17:42 »

That won't be happening around here any time soon,no traffic cops here....correction,no cops here at all ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 December 2016, 21:50:44 »

The really bright DRL's are what boils my piss, especially those Citroen's/DS3's or whatever they want to call them .... the ones with the really bright DRL's in a very bright line on each side of the front bumper...

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/images/car-reviews/first-drives/legacy/citroen-as-ds3-a-0751.jpg%3Fitok%3DJPDHc1-U&imgrefurl=http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2016-ds-3-prices-and-specification-revealed&h=596&w=900&tbnid=IPS9Ts3-BEdVAM:&vet=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=200&docid=Z4teFr36ElCXNM&itg=1&usg=___aLZ-Gl4UmQDBHLPN7uoI16n5Vo=&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiVr_Oo3NXQAhWEHsAKHVSjCYoQ_B0InAEwCg&ei=W4VBWNWVFIS9gAbUxqbQCA

The bright lights never bothered me until I started to drive my Classic Mini, and now every ruddy headlight blinds me...

The folk who don't have their lights on at night (because of DRL's) should get pulled and issued with a fixed penalty/fine for driving without due care and attention....
My grandson has a DS3 Shitreon and he followed me home the other night. His lights were blinding in my mirrors.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 December 2016, 21:51:52 »

That won't be happening around here any time soon,no traffic cops here....correction,no cops here at all ::)
In 1700 miles this week, I have seen one traffic unit...

An unmarked 3 series guarding a broken down prison transfer van at the top of the M6 toll  :-X

Jason is but one individual within an everdiminishing pool of people :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

ted_one

« Reply #50 on: 02 December 2016, 22:50:35 »

It's certainly adding to that feeling of lawlessness on the roads,I look at what's going on and in all honesty I keep getting a feeling of jacking in driving all together. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #51 on: 02 December 2016, 23:12:03 »

By whom...? what...?

Get pulled....? By the Police...?
Get real.

aaronjb

« Reply #52 on: 03 December 2016, 12:59:40 »

In 1700 miles this week, I have seen one traffic unit...

An unmarked 3 series guarding a broken down prison transfer van at the top of the M6 toll  :-X

Jason is but one individual within an everdiminishing pool of people :-\

I saw 8 unmarked cars going round the M25 the other week, all with blues on, all in convoy..

I assumed that was all the cars in the south east going somewhere!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 03 December 2016, 16:01:09 »

Must admit never given much thought to the drl's,so was intrigued by Marks DTM Calib's post that they don't light the rear lights.Checked on my V70 today and the rear lights do in fact light up on that with just drl's on.The only thing not lit are the instruments/gauges,heater controls and radio.But then on the V70 the drl's are not super bright/dazzly things like they are these days!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 03 December 2016, 16:08:40 »

Must admit never given much thought to the drl's,so was intrigued by Marks DTM Calib's post that they don't light the rear lights.Checked on my V70 today and the rear lights do in fact light up on that with just drl's on.The only thing not lit are the instruments/gauges,heater controls and radio.But then on the V70 the drl's are not super bright/dazzly things like they are these days!
That's because it's a Volvo and they have always taken a measured approach to such things ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.