Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: East Anglia - Food and cooking  (Read 6188 times)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: East Anglia - Food and cooking
« Reply #30 on: 01 July 2009, 22:58:22 »

but have you got the camping cheese set?  ;D ;D ;D
No Hornby Man = No posh cheeseboard ;D
No DTM brekky in the morning either. :(
You're right, he does have his uses, as he's no bloody good with cars :P ;D
Too tied up with his train set nowadays.
You've given me an idea......

You know my love of tractors, and Mr DTM's love of big toys....  ....I wonder if we could graft a deltic into an Omega ::)
You'd need to find Sammy before we start.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 July 2009, 23:29:21 »

Forgot top add this but it probably deems it's own post...

I will ask that no-one eats nuts immediately around her (please) as she can have a reaction to the oils transferred in the air! And I don't fancy spending the night in A&E or Intensive Care! :o :o :o

Not trying to be daft or offensive here, but one thing ive never understood, is how come there is anyone alive with a peanut allergy?

We are led to beleive the sligtest bit of peanut / oil can be fatal to someone with an allergy...

So how come they havent died, surely you eat a bag of nuts, noone is sure whats happening, call an ambulance...you go into anaphalactic shock and die, therefore no more allergy.

why doesnt the 1st attack (that we are led to beleive is so bad) kill?

Good question! Not really sure how they decide that it's anaphalaxis on the first occasion! There are enough people who aren't still alive because their medical response wasn't quick enough!

TBH, we generally get a little bit of warning from most of the things she's allergic to but nuts aren't good... Reaction is almost instant!

Luckily we do have Adrenalin needles with us all the time but I can assure you that having to inject your loved one to save her life is terrifying! Especially as there is nothing else you can do once it's done!

I can assure you, having seen it many times, that it's not a fun situation to observe, let alone experience, and it's something I plan to avoid!

Fully agree and understand and really dont envy your position, it just seems there are too many people about, that should have died.

When we introduced our kids to peanuts, they were watched very carefully for any possible reaction, but I can't imagine many people do that.

maybe 1st attacks are mild and get progressively worse   :-?

Just to give a little info ..  an anaphylactic reaction (also called shock but that is "press speak") is actually a body's immune system over-reacting to what it "sees" as an "enemy" .. and producing "antigens" ... now the first time you are exposed and have the reaction you have no antigens in your system .. so the body has to learn how to make them, thus the first exposure is usualy relatively mild. The next time you are exposed to the trigger.. the body already knows how to produce the antigen so does it very quickly, and the reaction will be more severe. The body also "remembers" that this has occured and will store antigens in case they are required ... so the next exposure gets hit by both the stored antigens and a surge of newly made ones ..... and it goes on .. each exposure causing an even greater response from the body.

Why do reactions happen at all ??  well the antigens are "supposed" to be produced to kill off germs/bacteria/viruses and in doing so they themselves get killed, and they "should" only attack the specific germ/bacteria/virus for which they are designed.

With an extreme allergic reaction the antigens are produced against an inert substance   eg peanut oil ... so the antigens can't actually kill anything, so the body thinks its losing so produces more  .. in a vicious circle. The antigens go a bit daft and start attacking anything including the body itself, and so the anaphylactic reaction starts.

Each and every exposure can make the next reaction much worse as the bodies sensitivity to the trigger increases, the reaction time decreases, and the level of antigens produced increases....  :(

HTH
« Last Edit: 01 July 2009, 23:32:27 by entwood »

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 July 2009, 00:52:37 »

mrs pj loves her cheese and wine tasting .she has more cheese in the fridge than you could ever imagine.and she is a bit partial to a g and t.it has to be gordons !looks like its going to be a great weekend ,see you all there ! 8-) 8-) :D :y

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 July 2009, 01:22:53 »

mrs pj loves her cheese and wine tasting .she has more cheese in the fridge than you could ever imagine.and she is a bit partial to a g and t.it has to be gordons !looks like its going to be a great weekend ,see you all there ! 8-) 8-) :D :y
so am i :D

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 July 2009, 01:25:11 »

Naturally, its tradition that I bring along a bottle or Port, just to prove I am actually civilised ::)

With no Mr DTM, I guess I'll also have to bring a small cheese and biccy selection for late night supper.  Just to help the port down, you understand ;D
make that 2, need one for breakfast :y

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 July 2009, 01:56:10 »

Gordons... Not bad but we prefer Plymouth! I'll have a rummage in the cupboard for some port... I think I've got a couple of bottles ::) ::)

We've got some Pimm's too :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

p j morgan

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 July 2009, 02:19:26 »

looks like i will have to put another trailer on back of the trailer to bring the mrs's stock of gordons and her wine racks !have you got a freezer compartment in your pikey wagon  ld?we need ice don't you think ?got me trailer tent ready to roll in the morning shoved gazeebo in and the multimeter .got two fridges one is a coolbox you plug into your lighter socket and the other is a mini fridge that works of the car or 240 volt .but no ice compartment! :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 July 2009, 03:44:33 »

Have got a freezer compartment but it's tiny... I think SWMBO  was talking  about buying a bag of ice.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02 July 2009, 05:56:05 »

Well I have a couple of bottles of port here, but sound's like they'll be enough of the stuff already, Just checked my single malt supply and down to my last bottle :-X....so will just have to bring that along :y

razzo

• Omega Knight
  • Crapital
    • 97 3.0 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 July 2009, 08:36:38 »

any stella lovers going to Thetford may want to go via sainsburys

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/offers  :y

if the link does not work 15x440 cans £7.49 [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
« Last Edit: 02 July 2009, 08:40:43 by razzo »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02 July 2009, 12:25:23 »

Gordons... Not bad but we prefer Plymouth! I'll have a rummage in the cupboard for some port... I think I've got a couple of bottles ::) ::)

We've got some Pimm's too :y :y
I've got a couple of bottles of port, so should be OK. And a rather humongous box of cheese biccies. Nobody needs to bring that.  Just the cheese :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 July 2009, 12:26:21 »

I don't do cans - its always best from bottles.  Costco have 48 x 330ml (not the 284ml that supermarkets sell) for £24 + VAT
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02 July 2009, 13:44:51 »

I don't do cans - its always best from bottles.  Costco have 48 x 330ml (not the 284ml that supermarkets sell) for £24 + VAT

Oh... Doest that mean you don't want the case I've got in the van for you then ::) ::) ::)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 02 July 2009, 15:01:57 »

Aldi are currently doing a case of 20 bottles of Stella for £5.99 although judging from the picture in their ad it looks like they're stubby bottles. :-/
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 July 2009, 15:23:41 »

I just got 20 cans Fosters for £12 from Asda, just spoke to the campsite onwer, regarding fishing bait shops, and he's gonna actually go and buy some maggot's from the bait shop, keep them an old fridge he has, so save's me running around, great stuff :y

Seemingly there's a small Mace store across the road/at the garage, sell's general stuff.

Oh and just bought one of those leccy leads from Helfrauds £89.99 :-X.....could'nt wait or order cheaper online otherwise would'nt have had one for the trip in time. :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.