Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EE/Giff Gaff?  (Read 2539 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
EE/Giff Gaff?
« on: 12 April 2015, 11:31:52 »

Looking to come off a rip off vodafone contract and go sim only, loads of options but these 2 seem decent price wise. Any coverage issues experienced by anyone? also believe GG will pay for reccomendations by existing users so first person to provide me a link or whatever is needed will get the bonus should I choose to go with them  :y
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: EE/Giff Gaff?
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2015, 11:52:31 »

I've been with giffgaff for about 3 years and have had no issues but I mostly text with the odd call, rarely use internet except for at home but then I use wifi :y
Retired

hawke113a

• Intermediate Member
  • leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2015, 12:01:32 »

ive been with giff gaff since it started...no problems at all...great value for money and good coverage....

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2015, 17:03:27 »

EE are getting better for solid coverage these days, not sure what its like once you go of the beaten track though. One of the things Vodafone have always been good at in my book.

Never used Giff Gaff, (O2) but know a few that have, and most have moved on now due to internet issues.

Wouldn't have thought EE and Vodafone are much difference in price when it comes to Sim Only deals at the moment.

How long you been with Voda?, give them a bashing for a good deal, forget customers services, you need to get through to retention team, can only be done by selecting option 'if your thinking of leaving us' ask for PUK Code and say your leaving because of better deals to had elsewhere, they normally offer something for you to stay.

Ive been with Voda for years, was on 50%, then 67.5% Airtime Discount, before I went Sim Only with them, good for the first 12 months inc Discount, then it all went wrong due to them not discounting Sim Only any more (15% max).

In the end signed up for a 24 month deal with really cheap and crap phone, which in effect, was a 24 month Sim Only deal for me as outed the phone on eBay for 50 notes, plus side Im now back on a 87% Airtime Discount which Ive built up over the last 4 years. Ok. you probably wont be offered that deal, but you get the idea.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2015, 17:12:23 »

Looking to come off a rip off vodafone contract and go sim only, loads of options but these 2 seem decent price wise. Any coverage issues experienced by anyone? also believe GG will pay for reccomendations by existing users so first person to provide me a link or whatever is needed will get the bonus should I choose to go with them  :y

Use the linky on my sig, if you wish  :y :y :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2015, 17:18:47 »

I,m the same as Pete re. GiffGaff. Have had no issues with them and i don.t get any of the nuisance calls that i used
to get from Vodaphone, sometimes up to four or five a day. Told ,em that if the didn,t stop i would go elsewhere.
They didn,t so i did. :)

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2015, 18:54:22 »

Yes, I`ve used GiffGaff for a number of years , few/no problems - competitive prices - 4 of the family/daughters use the provider so free calls/texts available  :)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 April 2015, 20:24:08 »

Ended up with Voda loyalty offering unlimited calls/texts and 3gig of 4G for £9 a month, first 2 months free, which will do for now :y Took an hour on hold and a wrong divert to Jaipur mind ::)
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 April 2015, 22:37:57 »

Ended up with Voda loyalty offering unlimited calls/texts and 3gig of 4G for £9 a month, first 2 months free, which will do for now :y Took an hour on hold and a wrong divert to Jaipur mind ::)
Well done, sounds like a great deal,  :y nearly as good as mine  ;D,

24 month with phone ??

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 April 2015, 22:53:30 »

24 month with phone ??

Nope Sim only for 12 months(paying for 10 only) but can upgrade at any point with no penalty should I need to. Christ Z what phone do you get for less than £9 per month  :o ;D ?

05omegav6

« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2015, 23:22:18 »

One of theses...

;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2015, 00:11:28 »

One of theses...

;D

Still have one or two of these somewhere  ;D

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 April 2015, 07:09:51 »

One of theses...

;D

Still have one or two of these somewhere  ;D

Indestructible them buggers  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 April 2015, 09:10:49 »

And they would hold a charge for more than 5 seconds!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2015, 18:07:39 »

24 month with phone ??

Nope Sim only for 12 months(paying for 10 only) but can upgrade at any point with no penalty should I need to. Christ Z what phone do you get for less than £9 per month  :o ;D ?

A crappy 3G Galaxy Fame on a 4G Contact, which I got £50 for on the Bay. not complaining mind.  ;D

Heres a link from last year if you wana have a read, have been with them a long time though (1991).  ;)

As some know been with them a looong time, so tend to try a get some good deals from them where possible, although lately as more time goes on the more difficult it seems to get. Currently on a 12 month 3g Airtime only contract, which gets me 900 Mob mins, 1000 Land mins, Unlimited Text and 1Gb of Data all for £10.50 a month as Ive got a 50% Discount.

Any way gets a call yesterday from Vodafone Business go's something like this -

Voda, Hello, your 12 month contract is nearly up and your due an upgrade, would you like to go on one of our new 4G Red plans?
Me, How much?
Voda, Unlimited Call, Unlimited Text and 1GB of 4G, £21, same as what your paying now!
Me, but I get 50% off so is that still going to happen?
Voda, Oh, No, but I can give you 15% or a bit more Data.
Me, No Thanks, I'll stick to what Ive got.
Voda, Just to let you know when your Plan finished you will loss the 50% unless you up grade.
Me, Forget it then, I probably go, as Im sick and tied now of having to fight for a deal every 12 months when I've been with you for donkeys years.
Voda, let me talk to my Manager about that.
Me, Ok.
Voda, Cant do anything on 12 months, if you go with a New Phone and 24 months I could build a package for you and do a deal.
Me, Dont want a new Phone, and to be honest on the Airtime I'd sign up for 3 years if the price was right.
Voda, Give me a few mins.........Music.
Voda, Ok, Samsung Galaxy Fame, worth £85, cheapest phone I can put on a plan..
Me, How much?
Voda,...24 months Unlimited Calls and Text, First 3 months unlimited 4G Data there after 10 GB per month...
Me. 10GB!, ok, how much?
Voda, not finished yet, I throw in Vodafone Passport and EUro Travaler, so you can use your calls and data abroad, 24 Red Care, and 24 months of SkySports or Spotify or Netflix.
Me, How much?
Voda, £6 + Vat
Me, How much, no, forget that where do I sign.

:o :o :o :o

So anyone wonna buy a Sumsung Galaxy Fame!,  ;D  ;)
« Last Edit: 16 April 2015, 18:10:54 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.