Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: blaupunkt cdc2 changer  (Read 8616 times)

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
blaupunkt cdc2 changer
« on: 05 April 2007, 13:42:01 »

hi all

i own an omega 3.0 elite on an R reg. it has the bose system which comprises of a phillips ccr800 head unit and a blaupunktcdc2 cd changer system in it. the multichanger incurred a fault(no disc). i bought another off of eBay(i know i know) and that has the same fault. i was wondering if any other changers would link up to the existing leads and still work with the bose amp and speakers or a single cd head unit that would work with the bose set up  

cheers

chris

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: blaupunkt cdc2 changer
« Reply #1 on: 05 April 2007, 17:53:31 »

hi all

i own an omega 3.0 elite on an R reg. it has the bose system which comprises of a phillips ccr800 head unit and a blaupunktcdc2 cd changer system in it. the multichanger incurred a fault(no disc). i bought another off of eBay(i know i know) and that has the same fault. i was wondering if any other changers would link up to the existing leads and still work with the bose amp and speakers or a single cd head unit that would work with the bose set up  

cheers

chris
Nope, you're stuck with the CDC2 unit....
Grumpy old man

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2007, 13:07:17 »

Damn :(

So can i buy a cd tuner and an amp and use the existing speakers including sub?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2007, 20:16:13 »

Damn :(

So can i buy a cd tuner and an amp and use the existing speakers including sub?
If you have the Bose setup, you need a stereo with compatible outputs...
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2007, 20:35:32 »

many headunits nowadays have pre-outs designed for aftermarket amplifiers. Whilst these are at a higher level (typically 2V or 4V), they are much closer to line level outputs (0.7V to 1V) and as such it has been suggested that it might be possible to connect an aftermarket head unit to a bose setup, if an adaptor lead was made up. You'd need to get a standard hi-fi phono patch lead (with phono plugs on each end) - chop it down and wire into the speaker connections on the car's wiring loom (personally I'd want to use an adaptor lead and butcher that instead of the car's loom though), the phono plugs would then connect to the pre-outs on the aftermarket headunit.

But it's just a theory ... *might* work though  ;)

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 April 2007, 08:59:07 »

Dont suppose you know of anyone who could make/install me SAID lead?

Failing that

I have a spare cdc2 player that i bought off Ebay.That to comes up with ERROR MESSAGE or NO DISC. Do you know anyone who can realign the laser pick up thing and how much it would cost?

I really do miss having the cd player when out drivng
« Last Edit: 12 April 2007, 11:45:35 by bear33 »

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 April 2007, 12:10:12 »

Would the bose door speakers run off of this with an amp? i would buy an amp and subwoofer for bass
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/07-NEW-Alpine-CDE-9881-CD-MP3-PLAYER-CAR-STEREO-9881RB_W0QQitemZ260106912032QQihZ016QQcategoryZ39755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 April 2007, 16:08:19 »

Would the bose door speakers run off of this with an amp? i would buy an amp and subwoofer for bass
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/07-NEW-Alpine-CDE-9881-CD-MP3-PLAYER-CAR-STEREO-9881RB_W0QQitemZ260106912032QQihZ016QQcategoryZ39755QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a feeling the bose door speakers are the same as the standard speakers, however I suspect they're wired up differently, i.e. through the existing bose amplifier (in the boot somewhere?) ...

I had a Bose system in a Nissan Murano - thought it was useless personally, never had a better stereos than when I fit aftermarket head unit, amp, sub + custom speakers usually..

*IF* it was me, I'd be pulling the bose stuff out, although as with anything, I doubt its that easy!!
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 April 2007, 16:11:03 »

I was gonna run a new amp and wires to the bose speakers. Would that work?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 April 2007, 16:33:52 »

I was gonna run a new amp and wires to the bose speakers. Would that work?

If they're anything like the standard speakers in my car (not Bose) it will sound very good. The standard speakers really aren't bad.  If you look in the "maintenance guides" there are a couple of articles entitled "wiring in an amp" which deal with replacing the Bose amp with an alternative. The advantage of starting with a Bose system is that the speaker wiring is brought out under the parcel shelf so you won't have to re-route the speaker wiring.

You might have to run some screened cable up to the head unit if you're using line outputs as the Bose system just uses twisted pairs of cable similar to the speaker cable. You may also need to run a more beefy power supply cable to your amp depending on its requirements. It's straightforward to remove the inner trim panels by the door sills and route cables through here.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2007, 08:14:51 »

So in theory i can buy a CD tuner with 2 pre outs and an alternative amp ands it would work?

What channel amp would i need and how would you suggest connecting it??(im guessing a 4 channel amp. 2 for sub and 2 for rear doors and front doors to run off head unit)

I'm usless when it comes to cars so any advice on how tro get a CD player in my car again would be greatly appreciated :y

Chris

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2007, 09:25:29 »

Hmmm, I have heard of the same problem recently. It would be a shame to bypass the excellent Bose system but if you must, here are my thoughts.

Well if you want to set up a system including a sub I would look at getting a decent headunit with 3 pre-outs.
That will have outputs for front speakers, rear speakers and a sub. All can then be controlled via the head unit.
The purists don't like this, but for most of us this is the ideal solution.

Headunit should be a known good make.
Pioneer are generally regarded as doing the best around right now. Right alongside them are Alpine.
Other good units are made by Kenwood and JVC.

Nothing wrong with buying a good second hand one. If doing this you will get much more for your money.
These 2 units are very highly recommended!
Pioneer DEH-P8600MP (got one here best I have ever used!)
Alpine  CDA-9835R.
Pick either of them and you won't go far wrong.

Amp. Well 4 channel (4x 30-40w RMS) is ideal. Look only at the RMS figure, ideally at 12v. This is the only real measure.
You don't need more than this amount of power for the door speakers.

Buy amps from Alpine (old V12 seies are wonderful), Pioneer, Kenwood, or Phoenix Gold. Again second hand will get you excellent value for money.

Sub I would run off a seperate amp just for that job.
"Active" subs are an easy and very effective solution. These have the Amp built into the casing of the sub so they are matched up.
Take up less space and are very effective.

Infinity Basslink (I had one, impressive) and Vibe CBR 10 (or 12) are the ones to go for.

Wiring it all up should be quite straightforward, but I have never tried to tap into a Bose system so I will say nothing more than that right now...

Power supply to rear of car is easy. Standard 5m cable really is not long enough though. Try and get at leat 6m fused power cable.
Run from battery, through the 2 rubber grommets on passenger side, through the bulkhead into the car, down past glovebox (remove for ease) under passenger kick plates and past rear seat into the boot.

It may seem like a lot of work (and to be honest I would rather discover issue with changer) but the end result is well worth it!
The job is not hard, but it will take some time. Plan ahead, make sure you have everything you will need, know where you are going to fit everything and be patient.
The Administrator.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 April 2007, 09:34:51 »

I'm not that familiar with how the Bose system is set up with regard to speakers but personally I would run the rear speakers from the head unit as these don't contribute much to the sound, especially as heard from the driving seat where I am!

I'd then get a 4 channel amp with an active crossover built in and run the front speakers and the sub(s) from this. Head unit amps are never that wonderful so run the important speakers from a stand alone amp.

The wiring that feeds the Bose amp inputs should be Ok to run the rear speakers, in fact it'll already be wired into the correct pins on the head unit if the wiring diagram can be believed. You'll probably just have bridge the rear channel inputs to the rear speaker outputs of the bose amp and run a line output to the amp for the other speakers.

You could go for a head unit with multiple line outs meaning you can control the crossover from the head unit (assuming it's got one built in) but for simplicity of the wiring, and because it doesn't really need tweaking once set up, I'd go the route of a single set of line outputs to the amp and use the crossover in the amp.

If you don't want to run a line output down the car, you could feed a speaker level input on the amp using the front channel inputs to the Bose amp. Again, according to the wiring diagram, these will already be correctly wired at the head unit end.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2007, 09:34:53 »

Ideally i'd love to keep texisting bose system but im having nothing but greif with the cd player. i bought a second hand one off ebay(i know i know) and that has the same fault.(no disc message)

The annoying thing is sometimes it does work but more often that not it doesnt and im fed up with the same old rubbish the radio stations play

If i could get the cdc2 working properly i wouldnt change any of the bose system

Just dont know where to take it to get it fixed(if it can be)

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2007, 09:44:37 »

Ideally i'd love to keep texisting bose system but im having nothing but greif with the cd player. i bought a second hand one off ebay(i know i know) and that has the same fault.(no disc message)

The annoying thing is sometimes it does work but more often that not it doesnt and im fed up with the same old rubbish the radio stations play

If i could get the cdc2 working properly i wouldnt change any of the bose system

Just dont know where to take it to get it fixed(if it can be)

Is it definintely buggered and not just dirty?  Tried a lense cleaner? (Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here, not intended!)
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 13 April 2007, 09:49:14 »

Not at all mate. Im useless at this sort of stuff

Yeah tried a lense cleaner(with the fluid stuff)

i thought i read somewhere on here that its a common fault and its possibly the laser pick up thing thats buggered. just dont know how and where to get it fixed. Ive got 2 cdc2 so i could always send one off to be checked and repaired i just dont know of anyone/where that could do it

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2007, 09:54:02 »

1 port of call could be blaupunkt themselves :

http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/infoservices_5.asp

dont have a clue about costs, but could be worth a phone call.
Even at £100 or so, mych cheaper than a full replacement system.

Probably a few of us here with cdc2's in the shed that could do with fixing.

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 April 2007, 09:59:06 »

Cheers Jimbob

I already sent them an email and heard nothing back so i might try phoning them. they may have a list of stockists thats near me who could repair it.

worth a shot i suppose

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2007, 10:05:11 »

If the CD changer is the only issue have you thought about investigating why it is causing problems? Might be worth carefully taking it apart and cleaning it up, looking for any obvious problems. It'd be a shame to bin a system you're happy with for the sake of a dirty lens in a CD player. If you're not confident a decent tv/hi-fi repair shop might be able to help.

Kevin

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2007, 10:07:51 »

yeah thats what im kinda thinking kevin.

i will have to do a google search for somewhere near me unless anyone has any recommendations?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2007, 21:45:55 »

The Bose setup in post 98 Elites is one of the better factory systems (excluding the £5k - £10k options on german execs)
Grumpy old man

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 April 2007, 11:58:07 »

These cdc2's give an error if the actual disc playing part isn't at the home (bottom) position when you apply power to it.  Found out the hard way when I took one of mine apart.  You would need to remove all covers, and  then turn the big plastic drive cog  using a terminal driver or similar to get the carrige into the lower position.  The drive motor for carrige position is behind the pcb where the multi-plug connects.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 April 2007, 12:10:54 »

i tokk the car out for about a 6 mile journey and it worked.switched engine off and went into a shop,come out,started car up again and it come up with the erroer again.

it seems to work when it wants to.

As you can imagine its very frustrating

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 April 2007, 12:14:59 »

Ahh - mine does that sometimes.  If you shut the ignition off when it's playing a cd, then start up again it comes up with an error.  If you press the button to take it to radio mode, then back to cd mode it resets itself and carries on from where you were.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

bear33

• Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 April 2007, 12:19:25 »

mine unfortunately doesnt do that .ive tried lots of different things including turning the stereo off before switching off engine
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.