Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Fake Covid-19 Figures?  (Read 7655 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Covid-19 Figures?
« Reply #60 on: 02 May 2020, 16:22:56 »

You in a different time zone Stemo?? It's only May here we've not got as far as November yet :D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02 May 2020, 16:47:50 »

Governments can only do so much. It's down to individuals to think for themselves with regards to personal safety. I see this morning, in the news, the two metre rule was being scaled back. Some people (don't know if they're medicos or politicians) have said one metre could be sufficient, and they'd been a bit cautious with two metres. Bollicks, I'll go out and mix when I feel safe, not when some rich politician who's business is suffering decides it's safe.
If they try to rush schools back, my missus is adamant that she will not ask her staff to return to work until she's absolutely sure it's safe. People may think I'm odd (quiet, Opti) going shopping in my gloves in November, but I don't care. When the death rate is zero, I'll consider taking them off.

Not odd just wise , must be something to do with our age methinks..
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 May 2020, 16:54:39 »

Governments can only do so much. It's down to individuals to think for themselves with regards to personal safety. I see this morning, in the news, the two metre rule was being scaled back. Some people (don't know if they're medicos or politicians) have said one metre could be sufficient, and they'd been a bit cautious with two metres. Bollicks, I'll go out and mix when I feel safe, not when some rich politician who's business is suffering decides it's safe.
If they try to rush schools back, my missus is adamant that she will not ask her staff to return to work until she's absolutely sure it's safe. People may think I'm odd (quiet, Opti) going shopping in my gloves in November, but I don't care. When the death rate is zero, I'll consider taking them off.

That is all very sensible, responsible, and it is a pity we have fools at every level of society who think they know best and disagree with all that! >:( >:(

I watched a piece of research that showed anyone who coughed put an invisible cloud of 'moisture' from their mouth and nostrils as much as 26 feet away!  So in short, someone coughing and not guarding their mouth with a hand or mask, spread their infection into the next isle, and more, of supermarkets.

So the 2 metre rule must be considered the minimum we should keep away from other people. :)

As for the gloves, I am wearing latex ones whenever I go out, changing them frequently. :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02 May 2020, 17:04:19 »

I don't understand the controversy about masks.  :-\

I'd have thought any sort of face covering like a scarf or dust mask would be better than nothing.  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #64 on: 02 May 2020, 17:06:28 »

You in a different time zone Stemo?? It's only May here we've not got as far as November yet :D
No, Baza, if people are still dying in November, I'll still be taking precautions in November.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02 May 2020, 18:24:53 »

And no police.
I drive  the 18 miles to my Mums to set her up for the day, empty bin, make sure her food for the day is at hand etc. My brother, 83,  does the other days as he lives just  a few hundred yards from her. Yesterday was the first time that i had seen a police car during my drives since the restrictions came in. The joys of living in the country i suppose. :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 02 May 2020, 20:08:51 »

I don't understand the obsession with letting kids go back to school 'because they are less susceptible to the symptoms'.

The wee snotty bastids are perfectly capable of spreading disease willy nilly. If one turns up carrying it, then anyone who happens to bump into it is likely to catch it and take it home... That's easily two hundred households infected without even trying... Makes no sense to me.

As for out and about, I need to get my Bro and his car in the same place so that he can have it back. It's been scrubbed in and out, and I haven't so much as sat in it since, so that bit is fine. But the choice is either I go and collect him, or he tries to use public transport to get here to collect it.

It's far from ideal, but the thought is that two people in a car are a much lower risk than three train journeys.  :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 02 May 2020, 20:28:18 »

I don't understand the obsession with letting kids go back to school 'because they are less susceptible to the symptoms'.

The wee snotty bastids are perfectly capable of spreading disease willy nilly. If one turns up carrying it, then anyone who happens to bump into it is likely to catch it and take it home... That's easily two hundred households infected without even trying... Makes no sense to me.

As for out and about, I need to get my Bro and his car in the same place so that he can have it back. It's been scrubbed in and out, and I haven't so much as sat in it since, so that bit is fine. But the choice is either I go and collect him, or he tries to use public transport to get here to collect it.

It's far from ideal, but the thought is that two people in a car are a much lower risk than three train journeys.  :-\
I agree ,
 kids will spread it like wldfire and take it home ,pass it on to the parents who have now returned to work,some of which will need to use public transport to do so  :o
and why use kids as an experiment ,the kids are the future
 we still don't know enough about covid 19 to take chances ,i've said this all along .
let them do more small scale tests etc and gather more information before ending lockdown
and make wearing masks mandatory in public places

as for getting the beemer back to your bro., put clean clothes on,put a mask or face cover on ,wash hands, drive it to him, antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizer , fan on fresh air,not recirc  ;D windows cracked open at the back,wipe all controls,wheel,knob etc etc
if your brother observes the same safe procedure to drive you back then i don't see how any Chinese virus would live .

just don't French kiss your brother goodbye  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #68 on: 02 May 2020, 20:33:05 »

I agree ,
 kids will spread it like wldfire and take it home ,pass it on to the parents who have now returned to work,some of which will need to use public transport to do so  :o
and why use kids and teachers as an experiment ,the kids are the future
 we still don't know enough about covid 19 to take chances ,i've said this all along .
let them do more small scale tests etc and gather more information before ending lockdown

as for getting the beemer back to your bro., put clean clothes on,put a mask or face cover on ,wash hands, drive it to him, antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizer , fan on fresh air,not recirc  ;D windows cracked open at the back,wipe all controls,wheel,knob etc etc
if your brother observes the same safe procedure to drive you back then i don't see how any Chinese virus would live .

Fixed

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 02 May 2020, 20:36:57 »

I agree ,
and why use kids and teachers as an experiment ,the kids are the future

Fixed
Surely no teacher would go back anyway without full PPE Uncle Stemo ?
what's happening with that ?

STEMO

« Reply #70 on: 02 May 2020, 21:12:57 »

What a lovely image. Little Cynthia is crying in the corner, tears rolling down her rosy red cheeks. Little Jonny has kicked her in the c**t, again. She wants reassurance from teacher, but she has to stay two metres away and is wearing a mask like you see on telly where people have died, and is so stressed all she can say is "Home.......I have to get home" in a deranged, robotic voice. Cynthia thinks teacher is crying too, but she can't be sure. The goggles are all wet and misted up.  ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 02 May 2020, 21:20:24 »

So they aren't issuing the teachers with Tasers then  :-\
air fed masks , hazmat stab vest suit  ::)
i'll throw away my application form then  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 08 May 2020, 18:17:42 »

Has anyone else noticed that the figures for number of deaths, newly available critical care beds and people no longer in hospital are all broadly the same...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

« Reply #73 on: 08 May 2020, 18:55:09 »

Has anyone else noticed that the figures for number of deaths, newly available critical care beds and people no longer in hospital are all broadly the same...  ::)
No. I've stopped taking notice.  :-X

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 08 May 2020, 19:05:50 »

Basic stock rotation ,you don't want stuff on the shelves too long
if it don't sell in a timely manor , bin it and get new stock in

:o did I just type that   :-[   ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.