Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suspension  (Read 1362 times)

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • Go faster Black MV6 Man
    • View Profile
Suspension
« on: 27 July 2014, 18:04:23 »

Hi Guys just looking for some advise on best way forward concerning front suspension, as it stands, I've replaced both front shocks and springs on the Mv6 with The real Gm spec,which weren't cheap :o. Now need to look at the wishbones,drop links etc, I have a lemforder Wishbone+ Idler, should I 1. purchase the matching Wb from Euro, Lemforder part, 2 take off the existing and re- fit Gm bushes or try get the Gm ones on Flea bay at moment. I currently do a lot less than 5000 miles Pa and Boy racer thing died in me along time ago ;) so not looking to go down the Poly route, need to to sort this guys before trip to WiM. Any advise greatly appreciated :y
Cheers John

05omegav6

Re: Suspension
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2014, 18:16:18 »

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2014, 18:31:01 »

Cheers Al, I was going to put that as a 4th option in the post, as I remember you recommending these recently, but me and links, thanks again Al will get that sorted :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2014, 18:44:20 »

Just to add, the price for that lot seems to vary, they have been as low as £79.99 so look on ebay.de to compare prices...

That seller I linked to is Germany based, so they have a shop on ebay.de too :y

I am only recommending that seller, as their quality seems consistent, where as other arms from other sources seem to be very variable :-\
« Last Edit: 27 July 2014, 18:46:26 by Taxi Al »

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2014, 19:04:35 »

What do you want for pattern parts ::) genuine might last four times longer, but they cost £280 per arm, and the so called reputable pattern parts cost around £80 per arm and only last 20k as well...

So all in all, I call that pretty good value for money :y hence the recommendation...

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2014, 19:31:10 »

No doubt someone here will try and snatch the Gm one s on The bay, latest bid £40,I know Gm ain't cheap but adding in the price of Gm Wb would have taken by bill over £1k without the other bits, I'm with you never had anything bad from Germany  :y

powerslinky

« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2014, 19:35:15 »

No doubt someone here will try and snatch the Gm one s on The bay, latest bid £40,I know Gm ain't cheap but adding in the price of Gm Wb would have taken by bill over £1k without the other bits, I'm with you never had anything bad from Germany  :y

+1  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2014, 20:09:45 »

... Boy racer thing died in me along time ago ;) so not looking to go down the Poly route...

I would use poly bushes purely for their longer life over the standard rubber ones, TBH.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2014, 20:47:38 »

... Boy racer thing died in me along time ago ;) so not looking to go down the Poly route...

I would use poly bushes purely for their longer life over the standard rubber ones, TBH.

That, and can just tighten the bolt without having the suspension at ride height.

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2014, 21:24:24 »

The extra £80 or least that's how much they are on Flea Bay, will be going towards new Gm rear shocks and my ever increasing bill.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.