Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3019790 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #18345 on: 08 May 2019, 18:37:40 »

Fuel tank was pretty nearly empty[according to gauge]when I picked it up-from Ewell in Surrey-so I put £30 in it[at Southern prices]got stuck inching along on the M25 near Heathrow for biggest part of half hour,then onto M1 with its ridiculous 40/50/60 variable limits but once free and clear of those sat at 70[honest guv ::)] then stopped at Rotherham for another £15 worth as I didn't want to risk the fuel gauge telling porkies,but what I've got left[guessing a bit here] I figure it did the trip for £35-£40 which I think reasonable for such a car.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18346 on: 09 May 2019, 22:23:54 »

Sold it. :'(.  A sad day in Hoof'land, if I had the space would have kept it, also these old girls need regular looking after, and I've got lazy, it's gone to a good home, and the chap who bought it says he will look after the barge,and send me regular updates on it's new life...

Replaced it with a vectra in a posh frock,, technically still a GM product.

Oh dear, not a Signum?  :-\  ;D
I assumed be meant a Saab. Poor bloke.

Yes a slab,   I don't have Lord Opti's wealth, so a jaaag and Sigmund we're out of the question,.... But the slab, appeared, low mileage, full history, and all the toys.

I had run out in an 08 Aero estate last week,260 ponys and very nice but £555 road tax is a bitter pill to swallow,they only want a grand for the car but the tax niggles me

Depending on it's milage, that's very cheap for a slab aero, I think mine is about the same as the barge was, I was hoping it was going to be less, it might even do 30mpg, so my mate reckons, as he gets 34mpg from his.

It is cheap(130k miles),auto with steering wheel paddles,averaging about 25 mpg doing Shortish runs locally,im still tempted  as its in lovely condition but it would  mean my Merc going and not sure I'm  ready for that  :-X

Hmm,looking like Saab coming my way,Merc going up for sale which is the downside :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18347 on: 10 May 2019, 11:38:30 »

A pair of Uniroyal Rainsports on the front of the Vulva and full alignment.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18348 on: 10 May 2019, 15:30:47 »

Faulty ECT sensor replaced so hopefully sorted the Corsa. ECT sensor and radiator CTS now singing off the same hymn sheet so fingers crossed its sorted. Cold starts are instant again, whereas before it took a few cranks and idled rough for a few seconds.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18349 on: 10 May 2019, 18:18:13 »

Would have been changing the oil, had Fast and Free on egay meant the filter would turn up when it was supposed to.

But its egay, so I wasn't disappointed.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18350 on: 10 May 2019, 18:22:29 »

Would have been changing the oil, had Fast and Free on egay meant the filter would turn up when it was supposed to.

You just don't have any luck with ebay do you?  ???  ::)

I ordered a 4 tonne hand winch from ebay at about 1700 last Saturday evening and the estimated delivery date was 13th-15th May.

It turned up at about 1400 on Monday!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: 10 May 2019, 18:23:15 »

we've discussed this, you need a non Brackley PO box for your mail and deliveries
couriers won't enter the blast zone  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: 10 May 2019, 18:29:48 »

we've discussed this, you need a non Brackley PO box for your mail and deliveries
That would explain why my bucketload of microSD cards hasn't turned up either ;D
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #18353 on: 10 May 2019, 19:23:00 »

That would explain why my bucketload of microSD cards hasn't turned up either ;D

Off eBay? You like fakes? Maybe not off eBay then.. ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18354 on: 10 May 2019, 19:32:30 »

nowt wrong with these Samsung EVO PLUS 32GB ,we use them in dash cams fine, usually next day delivery  ::)
probably cheaper ones about ,but these turn up and actually work  :P

STEMO

« Reply #18355 on: 10 May 2019, 19:55:09 »

nowt wrong with these Samsung EVO PLUS 32GB ,we use them in dash cams fine, usually next day delivery  ::)
Until they don't.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: 11 May 2019, 09:44:29 »

Errr, no, obviously.  I tend to stick with SanDisk for compatibility and real world performance, and they are the most cloned brand out there for memory cards.

I tend to buy them from one of those "probably headquartered in an outlying island of the UK to avoid certain taxes" type outfit.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: 11 May 2019, 09:46:29 »

Too expensive. As egay usually is.  And that's before you consider whether or not its genuine.

I pay under a fiver, delivered, for my SanDisk Ultras 32Gb.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: 12 May 2019, 10:06:09 »

Having spent the week attempting to look at TBE's LPG problem, only to find that its bonnet release lever appears to be a rain switch, I went over to chrisgixer's house to use his garage ;D.  Whilst getting wet in the week, I'd proved the most likely cause to be a solenoid fault, preventing gas getting to the vapouriser.

After Mrs chrisgixer fed and watered us - thanks H :) - we took a look, going through it methodically (and finding out that one of the spare solenoids we had was a dead short - fortunately, I still had the bulb/fuse kit in the car from its last French trip).

Eventually, we proved it to the wire running to the solenoid on the tank. This installation has a separate wires for the gauge and the solenoid. And quickly found the break.  An absolute clean break. If she hadn't of told me that it happened whilst driving, I would have said it had been cut with wire cutters :o.  There were some witness marks for an object hitting in that area.

Then I started eying up his V8 project, wondering if he'd notice if I nicked a headlight sensor off it.  As it happened, he had a spare, but for rear, so we set about swapping the bracket, which turned a 5 minute job into a 90min one as one both, the sensor screws were rusted in solid to the sensor.  Still, its fixed now.

Old sensor was stripped, and showing signs of water ingress, so another cheap, crap part. I might see if it will clean up, then reseal it.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: 12 May 2019, 10:33:19 »

We also took the opportunity to check what state its in underneath, and its actually not that bad.  Worth spending the £3-400 or so it needs to get serviced and a couple of bits sorted for the MOT.

It'll still be tatty and no aircon, and worthless because of that, but its worth a fortune to us because there isn't a viable replacement out there, and even less so for sub £10k.  Made worse by any replacement having to be tractor editions, so it could well be the last petrol we ever own :(
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.