Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Another mass shooting  (Read 2360 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Another mass shooting
« Reply #15 on: 07 November 2017, 13:20:45 »

TBH, after Sandy Hook, when America, as a nation decided that the deaths of 20 children were acceptable as the price of doing business, I lost all sympathy, and frankly, interest.

No politician would get near a position of meaningful power on a gun control and/or universal healthcare ticket, so you have to say, that, as a nation, the US has democratically decided that these mass shootings are acceptable events.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #16 on: 07 November 2017, 15:46:48 »

Nothing will change out there, fed up with hearing about it all very sad for the families affected  but it will be something else in the news soon.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 November 2017, 16:31:40 »

Watched Trump on Channel 4 news ::) "it`s not a gun problem, the guy had mental issues".
Channel hopped to World News Today BBC 4, Ex FBI pundit, "it`s not guns that kill ppl, it`s the the person pulling the trigger".
 Now if I were living in Texas, to protect my family; I`d be nipping down to Walmart & panic buying Ammo  ;)

I wonder how long before a group, representing the shot dead, take out a class action. In this case it would appear that iff someone had done their job properly and recorded a black mark against the shoters name he wouldn't have been able to legally buy the guns. Same as the baby killed in the Uk by adopted parent despite having a history.

Your second part illustrates the problem. Bit like countries arming themselves to the teath to "protect themselves" from a similarly armed to the teath country.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.