Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Masters build.  (Read 3365 times)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Masters build.
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2014, 17:32:13 »

Didn't he sell his omega? :-\

I believe so (Jungle Green MFL Estate).

I've sold mine and went to the other side more than once, but like a bad penny, I always reappear!

Yeah havent you got a Saab forum to go to?  ;)

To be honest, yeah.  UKSaabs is quite a good forum with plenty of helpful people, but it's layout is clumsy.... Finding something specific is bloody hard work.

OOF is by far the best Automotive related Forum.  It's Gen Dis area is friendly (most of the time) and covers a broad spectrum of topics.

Top work to everyone here.  I can't imagine not logging on to find out if Steve's gayWoo has packed up, or if that Opti bloke's fetish for HGV's has diminished.  Has 'Our Liz' (HRH) found her perfect partner whilst scribbling on her 24ct Notebook at Paddington Station......

Life just wouldn't be the same!

Agreed,I sold my Omega years ago and have joined various forums for the vehicles I've owned since,only one that comes close to this one is the Rover 75/MG Zt forum,I had a look on the uk Touareg forum and it's crap :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2014, 18:09:17 »

The Volvo one isn't exactly intuitive either :-\

What makes OOF stand out is the broad spread of topic headings, so if you have an electrical issue you search electrical help and so on, whereas the Volvo one, search for summat, then it brings up every single thread with that word across the entire model section... needle in a haystack ::)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2014, 23:51:11 »

Had pretty much the same experience on other forums, Mercedes, Jeep and Honda, takes a while for any reply to a question and not the general discussion content we have on OOF, long may it continue........... :y :y

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2014, 00:51:21 »

It's strange.  I've only met a few members from here, and I don't think many of them are regular posters..... but, because of the attitude of the general populous, it's like everyone knows eachother.

I'm quite a slag when it comes to Forums.  I like to read, and I like to input.  But, this is the only forum I'd be comfortable explaining personal problems..... not from a privacy point of view, but from a 'hey, these guys will read and understand and put a varied, yet honest reply'.

Even more strange when you build up a picture of someone in your mind, and when there is a picture of that person, they turn out to be a fat hairy barstewed.... but does it matter?  No.  They drive an Omega because they don't fit into a 5 series, et al  ;D
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2014, 01:16:31 »

It's strange.  I've only met a few members from here, and I don't think many of them are regular posters..... but, because of the attitude of the general populous, it's like everyone knows eachother.

I'm quite a slag when it comes to Forums.  I like to read, and I like to input.  But, this is the only forum I'd be comfortable explaining personal problems..... not from a privacy point of view, but from a 'hey, these guys will read and understand and put a varied, yet honest reply'.

Even more strange when you build up a picture of someone in your mind, and when there is a picture of that person, they turn out to be a fat hairy barstewed.... but does it matter?  No.  They drive an Omega because they don't fit into a 5 series, et al  ;D

Amen to that, especially the image you have, and then you meet them......... :D :D :D

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2014, 12:58:18 »

Amen to that, especially the image you have, and then you meet them......... :D :D :D
[/highlight]

And just WHAT is that supposed to imply  ??? ;D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2014, 13:50:15 »

Oh dear, Rosberg has a dodgy battery  ;D

"snigger"

chrisgixer

« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2014, 13:51:56 »

In all the excitement..... Wrong thread ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2014, 13:53:15 »

In all the excitement..... Wrong thread ;D

Oh bugger  ::) ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2014, 16:54:13 »

they turn out to be a fat hairy barstewed
I've noticed that with Omega owners ;D
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2014, 17:01:05 »

Wish i had hair, the rest seems about right :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 November 2014, 08:47:33 »

Thanks to all, the hard part of the build is all but done.

The 1.7m deep footings are dug with the 30m2 of spoil carted away.

10 tons of concrete for the strip foundation mixed and set and now four courses of foundation blocks in place bringing it to just below ground level.

Four courses of facing brick for the outer and one course of engineering plus a block for the inner and its up to DPC level.

Then its drains, vents and move the water supply pipe.

chrisgixer

« Reply #27 on: 24 November 2014, 08:52:29 »

Thank Christ for that. ;D

Although seriously, if you need a hand do shout. :y

Did you hire a digger in the end? Iirc there where access issues?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 November 2014, 11:13:44 »

Nope, all dug by hand. :-[

The first 400mm was easy, fantastic dark loam

The next 1000mm was a git, hard compacted infill, lots of bits of brick, had to dig it out with a mattock.

A further 300mm had to be removed as there was a layer of peat before hitting the hard clay.

All in a real git to be honest!  ;D :D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 November 2014, 13:10:59 »

Respect :y

That is a serious amount of digging. It never ceases to amaze me how much digging(and clearing) an Irish Navvy could do in a day( and day after day). I think it was 14 cu metres but even if it was 7 that is some going.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.