Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Interested in 17" wheels on ebay  (Read 3477 times)

924boy

• Rhuddlan, N. Wales
    • View Profile
Re: Interested in 17" wheels on ebay
« Reply #15 on: 20 June 2009, 22:49:44 »

How much of a bargain is it if the no-name tyres promptly throw you off the road at the first corner?? Keep to known rubber - it is what holds you on to the road (well, that and gravity!)

See now that I don't agree with, i've never ever had a prob with no name or so called crap branded tyres.

me either, can't afford to put posh tyres on n neva have any problems wiv budget brands...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 June 2009, 23:33:24 »

How much of a bargain is it if the no-name tyres promptly throw you off the road at the first corner?? Keep to known rubber - it is what holds you on to the road (well, that and gravity!)

See now that I don't agree with, i've never ever had a prob with no name or so called crap branded tyres.

me either, can't afford to put posh tyres on n neva have any problems wiv budget brands...

Ultimately, down to personal preference.

Depends on what you require the tyres to deliver, both driving style wise and the weather included.  personally, i stick to premium brands rather than the plastic cheap ditchfinders but it depends on how you drive your car....  ;)

jemis

• Teesside
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 June 2009, 21:32:18 »

When I bought my facelift cdx it had nexen tyres on the rear which were new and falkens on the front which were hardly worn . No I know alot of people on here rate the Falkens I have well and to be fair the Nexen's on the rear were everybit as good. The only reason there not on know is I have fitted 17's with Maxxis tyres allround now these I wouldn't have again out of choice.
I wouldn't the tyre brand in this case put you off as I'm pretty sure I drive harder than most mig owners on here and they worked well for me in wet and dry.
People who still stick to £150 premium tyres these days are being robbed imo as since 90% of tyres today are made from the same silica compounds, there cheap because there made in asain sweat shops not hitech french or german overpriced factories aslong as there not from china there good quality personally I rate kuhmo and hankook among the best tyres I have ever driven on.

Sorry for rabbiting on but I hope this helps you decide, if the tyres are new then your getting the wheels for free.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2009, 23:36:33 by jemis »

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 June 2009, 23:12:38 »

When I bought my facelift cdx it had nexen tyres on the rear which were new and falkens on the front which were hardly worn . No I know alot of people on here rate the Falkens I have well and to be fair the Nexen's on the rear were everybit as good. The only reason there not on know is I have fitted 17's with Maxxis tyres allround now these I wouldn't have again out of choice.
I wouldn't the tyre brand in this case put you off as I'm pretty sure I drive harder than most mig owners on here and they worked well for me in wet and dry.
People who still stick to £150 premium tyres these days are being robbed imo as since 90% of tyres today are made from the same silica compounds, there cheap because there made in asain sweat shops not hitech french or german overpriced factories aslong as there not from china there good quality personally I rate kuhmo and hankook among the best tyres I have ever driven on.

Sorry for rabbiting on but I hope this helps with you decide, if the tyres are new then your getting the wheels for free.

:y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

kingycos2

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2009, 20:50:16 »

If anyone is interested in my alloys, PM me email and I will send photos. tyres have about 5 mil even tread, all Pirelli P zero, cost £410. Tyre preference is anyone choice, but its what helps you stop better, so its premium (pirelli, goodyear, conti and mitchelin) for me all day long.

NiallyV6CDX

• Intermediate Member
  • County Down
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 June 2009, 21:59:03 »

If anyone is interested in my alloys, PM me email and I will send photos. tyres have about 5 mil even tread, all Pirelli P zero, cost £410. Tyre preference is anyone choice, but its what helps you stop better, so its premium (pirelli, goodyear, conti and mitchelin) for me all day long.

What size / style alloy have you got?
2 of my tires are shot and the wheels look a little dated so I'm starting to look around.

NiallyV6CDX

• Intermediate Member
  • County Down
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 June 2009, 22:00:55 »

As for those wheels on ebay, well bid on them if you fancy them, but check them inside and out thoroughly before you hand over the cash!!!
If they're not right, don't take em :y

kingycos2

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 June 2009, 00:50:14 »

There facelift elite from my 2002 3.2, tyre size is 235/45/17.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 June 2009, 11:58:18 »

Someones put a bid in for these tyres, then, I see.

Is it anyone on here??

Oh, and Mr. kingycos2 - I would have them off you in a heartbeat, I really like the look of the Elite wheels (both later pre-facelift and the facelift ones)

Sadly I'm not sure if i can run the Omega for much longer, let alone re-shod it with (admittedly bargain) rubber. Wish I could!  >:( I'd try and pursuade my dad to get them, but there's about a good years-worth of tread still left on his.

Hope you get a buyer.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

SJKOO01

« Reply #24 on: 25 June 2009, 19:27:54 »

Well someone bought them for £360 at the end of the day.  I came home hoping they wouldn't go for too much to be honest, but way out of my budget in the end I must admit !!.

Still on the look out for some decent wheels, some nice facelift MV6 would look nice on it.

still time is a virtue.

M

samrey4u

• Intermediate Member
  • norwich
  • Big stranglers fan
    • 2003 2.2 cd saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 June 2009, 15:07:45 »

facelift elite alloys a bit dear but look tidy  :y
I CANT BELIEVE IT THEY SOLD FOR 360  people got more money than sense :-/
sam
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.