Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: abandoned notice  (Read 4693 times)

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
abandoned notice
« on: 25 June 2009, 18:05:25 »

when i retrned home after picking my son up from play group this afternoon i found a notice on my car saying my omega had been reported abandoned and my vehicle is in a condition to be destroyed and that i had 7 days to remove it under section 3(1)of the refuse disposal amenity act 1978 and section 99 of the road traffic regulation act 1984 >:( my vehicle wasent parked illegaly or causing an obstruction it is t@t and insured  i have found out that the person who reported it dosent like omegas  parked out side his shop on the public road  >:( i have now had the situation resolved and my car wont be towed away ;D as it is fully legal and parked legal as told by police and council. :y

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: abandoned notice
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2009, 18:09:48 »

There is some right bastards out there!! >:( >:( >:(

I am amazed that the local authorites worked so quickly!  It took me once weeks to get a truely abandoned car removed as it was taxed and legally on the road.  Only when the tax ran out did they remove it.........after 10 days of posting the first warning notices on the windscreen ::) ::) ::)

waspy

« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2009, 18:18:04 »

I am amazed that the local authorites worked so quickly!  It took me once weeks to get a truely abandoned car removed as it was taxed and legally on the road.  Only when the tax ran out did they remove it.........after 10 days of posting the first warning notices on the windscreen ::) ::) ::)

Lizzie, language. Tut Tut  ;D

kris

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2009, 18:24:50 »

when i retrned home after picking my son up from play group this afternoon i found a notice on my car saying my omega had been reported abandoned and my vehicle is in a condition to be destroyed and that i had 7 days to remove it under section 3(1)of the refuse disposal amenity act 1978 and section 99 of the road traffic regulation act 1984 >:( my vehicle wasent parked illegaly or causing an obstruction it is t@t and insured  i have found out that the person who reported it dosent like omegas  parked out side his shop on the public road  >:( i have now had the situation resolved and my car wont be towed away ;D as it is fully legal and parked legal as told by police and council. :y

think it's time for you to organise a meet  ;) ::) ::) ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2009, 18:34:26 »

Lizzie, language. Tut Tut  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2009, 19:04:52 »

you are right there is some bar stools out there we have been having problems with this person for some time he thought it would be funny to block my car in once when i had a disabled person with me police didnt take to kindly to that maybe organising a meet at mine would be a good idea ;D that would put the cat among the pigeons  ;D

amigov6

« Reply #6 on: 25 June 2009, 19:08:15 »

York? Im not far away & at least 2 members are on your doorstep. Does this shopkeeper think he owns the road outside the shop? Who issued the ticket & why? As previously suggested let's organize a mini meet....3 of us have caravans if you really want to teach him a lesson!!!!
    What kind of shop does he run? ::)

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 June 2009, 19:17:36 »

Take it he is anti-omega then mate. ;D ;)
Machine polishing in west mids £40 also body repairs.pm me for more info.

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 June 2009, 19:20:25 »

York? Im not far away & at least 2 members are on your doorstep. Does this shopkeeper think he owns the road outside the shop? Who issued the ticket & why? As previously suggested let's organize a mini meet....3 of us have caravans if you really want to teach him a lesson!!!!

and i would pop over too !  :y ;D

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 June 2009, 19:23:53 »

Well spotted Guy!!! Sounds like a plan to me!

Which shop mate? May have to insure my Diesel Omega for a week and 'Park it up!'  ;D

Anyway, where abouts in York are ya? Im up at Clifton Moor area.
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 June 2009, 19:26:28 »

Which shop mate? May have to insure my Diesel Omega for a week and 'Park it up!'  ;D

I say half the forum members go over and park em all outside(now thats entertainment) ;D ;D

kris

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 June 2009, 19:41:21 »

I say half the forum members go over and park em all outside(now thats entertainment) ;D ;D

i'm up for it

waspy

« Reply #12 on: 25 June 2009, 19:46:51 »

i'm up for it

Me too. I love to upset certain folk ;D ;D ;D

unlucky mark mv6

• Omega Knight
  • tipton,west mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 June 2009, 19:51:48 »

Probably a miserable old git whos had a nasty expierience with a mig. ;D ;D :D

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 June 2009, 19:55:49 »

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

If I lived closer I wouldn't mind upsetting the miserable git >:(
Born free taxed to death

waspy

« Reply #15 on: 25 June 2009, 19:58:34 »

Anyone have a scrap Mig we could drop off at 3am & leave it there ;D ;D

mantahatch

« Reply #16 on: 25 June 2009, 20:11:25 »

What kindof shop is it ? if it does food report to the council you have seen rats running in and out.  ;D

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 June 2009, 21:21:02 »

he owns a chip shop  he does think he owns the place and the access road to the block of houses coz hes been here for  20 years he thinks he has the right over evrything even tho he has a drive way at the back of his shop but if any body wants to pop down for a brew the door is open when were in (he has never owned a miggy)

i forgot to mention that the council issued the ticket
« Last Edit: 25 June 2009, 21:27:28 by bri_cox »

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2009, 21:23:51 »

That sounds like a plan  :y
Born free taxed to death

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 June 2009, 22:58:20 »

just popped to my mates who has a 3.0 elite who is going away for weekend yep you guessed it just parked it in front of mine  :D oh and his brother has told me that i can use his mazda 3  till they get back on monday so i could leave them both there all weekend (as he is the disabled person he blocked in) he he he ;D 

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 June 2009, 23:01:46 »

::) :y :)
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 June 2009, 23:25:10 »

just popped to my mates who has a 3.0 elite who is going away for weekend yep you guessed it just parked it in front of mine  :D oh and his brother has told me that i can use his mazda 3  till they get back on monday so i could leave them both there all weekend (as he is the disabled person he blocked in) he he he ;D 

Which chippy is this then?  ::) Could go park mine there and take a photo!  :P
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2009, 00:04:36 »

chips and things on front street acomb
« Last Edit: 26 June 2009, 00:05:38 by bri_cox »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 June 2009, 12:44:10 »

If (When?) it all turns nasty and your Omegas get beaten up you could always send them to my Omega sanctuary to recover. I don't take any other kind of car so the Mazda would have to go elsewhere!

varche
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2009, 17:41:13 »

I'm really tempted by the thought of upsetting a Yorkie!!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

bluehawk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 June 2009, 19:44:36 »

Yep ive got a old 2lt  you can have but you would need to return the wheels to me  [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] after parking out side shop of course

Anyone have a scrap Mig we could drop off at 3am & leave it there ;D ;D

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 June 2009, 21:32:17 »

hi all just had police round my mates 3.0 got keyed and mine has had fog light smashed :'( not a happy bunny  >:( my solicitor has advised me to keep cool and let the police deal with it but finding it extreamley difficult.

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 June 2009, 23:20:57 »

chips and things on front street acomb
ah right... few mins away then  :y ;D
[size=12]

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 June 2009, 23:25:35 »

hi all just had police round my mates 3.0 got keyed and mine has had fog light smashed :'( not a happy bunny  >:( my solicitor has advised me to keep cool and let the police deal with it but finding it extreamley difficult.

Eeek... maybe I wont park my Omega there then!  ;D ;D :-X
[size=12]

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 June 2009, 01:41:51 »

Eeek... maybe I wont park my Omega there then!  ;D ;D :-X

Well i was thinking I could park my Mig up for a while, all legal and currently just parked on the street as I am running out of space for cars on the drive and outside the house.  But if it is going to get damaged then perhaps not. :-/
However if you want to do a few hours I could be up for it, I have a blue badge so could even park on any yellow lines..... :y
Less than an hour away so if you want a meet outside his shop give me  shout :y :y

feeutfo

« Reply #30 on: 27 June 2009, 08:50:01 »

suggest some sort of look out while your car are there and make sure your always on the correct side of the law.

So why does he have an aversion to omegas exactly? Or is it just any car? Would think it unusual for the council to ticket a legaly parked car, weather he complained about it or not.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #31 on: 27 June 2009, 09:06:05 »

suggest some sort of look out while your car are there and make sure your always on the correct side of the law.

So why does he have an aversion to omegas exactly? Or is it just any car? Would think it unusual for the council to ticket a legaly parked car, weather he complained about it or not.

Exactly Chris, as I stated before in this thread, our local council, and the police, have no legal power to ticket, then remove a car, if it is legally taxed,legally parked, insured and not causing an obstruction.  That applies to all UK councils and police forces due to it being national uk law. ;) ;) ;)

For them to ticket it either means that they had good legal reason to, or they made a mistake.  If the latter, the ticket will be void. 8-) 8-)

There is more to this than so far is meeting the eye! ::) ::) ::) ;) ;)

« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 09:07:44 by Lizzie_Zoom »

bri cox

• york
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 27 June 2009, 17:57:30 »

the counsil has admitted to being wrong for submitting the ticket in error as they should have cheked to see if it was abandoned or if it was out of t@t and insurance. i have just found out that this has happened in the past i was told by some one who used to live in the block they moved out as they got fed up of it  so its not just omegas its any body who parks out side his shop.  he thinks that he owns the road he redused a neighbours daughter to tears for parking her car out side his shop saying that the spaceces outside his shop are his and the access road is his private property which used to owned by the chaple untle five years ago when the council got it back i belived him at first as i have only lived here a couple of years but the neighbours told me not to listern to him so i rang the council and they said that the car is parked legal and the access road is for the houses which is were i live and because we dont live on front street he dosent think its right for any of us to park ours cars on front street the other excuse is it is bad for buisness coz costomers carnt  park they will go else were but if i move mine he will park his car there makes no sense to me

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #33 on: 27 June 2009, 18:04:59 »

the counsil has admitted to being wrong for submitting the ticket in error as they should have cheked to see if it was abandoned or if it was out of t@t and insurance. i have just found out that this has happened in the past i was told by some one who used to live in the block they moved out as they got fed up of it  so its not just omegas its any body who parks out side his shop.  he thinks that he owns the road he redused a neighbours daughter to tears for parking her car out side his shop saying that the spaceces outside his shop are his and the access road is his private property which used to owned by the chaple untle five years ago when the council got it back i belived him at first as i have only lived here a couple of years but the neighbours told me not to listern to him so i rang the council and they said that the car is parked legal and the access road is for the houses which is were i live and because we dont live on front street he dosent think its right for any of us to park ours cars on front street the other excuse is it is bad for buisness coz costomers carnt  park they will go else were but if i move mine he will park his car there makes no sense to me

Ok, then legal action should be taken against this man with a solicitor letter from all residents.  The family who had their daughter upset should also send a solicitors letter for her harrassment, which could also be reported to the police if there were witnesses, as should the damage to the cars you mentioned.

This shop keeper is obviously a nasty idiot who shouldn't be in the retail business; upsetting your local customers is a very big no no!! :o :o :o :o :o

I suggest a mixture of legal action and boycoytting of his shop with as many local residents involved is the way to go.
Don't be tempted to engage in illegal action yourself as you will lose all advantage and probably end up with the police acting against you! ::) ::)

Hope everything is resolved soon ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2009, 18:05:37 by Lizzie_Zoom »

Pitchfork

• Omega Baron
  • Tadley (near Basingrad)
  • Barndances & Morris
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 27 June 2009, 19:43:23 »

If the shop has a letterbox, obtain some cockroaches & post them through the letterbox after he has closed for the night. You can buy them on e-bay [smiley=evil.gif]
Almost famous!   www.pitchforkband.co.uk Guitar & PA Amps repaired & serviced
Ears pierced while you wait. PAT & Valve testing

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 27 June 2009, 22:21:59 »

If the shop has a letterbox, obtain some cockroaches & post them through the letterbox after he has closed for the night. You can buy them on e-bay [smiley=evil.gif]

I cannot condone such action as this!!!

On the other hand, it is a VERY good idea!!!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.