Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric Window Problems!  (Read 583 times)

3.0V6Elite

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
Electric Window Problems!
« on: 07 June 2009, 12:08:11 »

Had to disconnect the battery yesterday in order to replace my dodgy alternator. All went well and is back together and running fine.

My problem now is that the electric windows don't go up or down automatically when the button is pressed, you have to keep the button pressed until they are either down or back up, also, the total closure doesn't appear to be operating so you have to close the windows before locking the car.  :(

Any ideas?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Window Problems!
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2009, 12:15:40 »

Had to disconnect the battery yesterday in order to replace my dodgy alternator. All went well and is back together and running fine.

My problem now is that the electric windows don't go up or down automatically when the button is pressed, you have to keep the button pressed until they are either down or back up, also, the total closure doesn't appear to be operating so you have to close the windows before locking the car.  :(

Any ideas?

They need re-setting whenever you disconnect the battery. Press & hold the switch when they're at the top for about 4 or 5 secs & you'll hear a click from the motor area. Do it to each window & that's it!  :y

If you have a sunroof that needs re-setting too. Push & hold the switch at closed, tilted & open till all movement stops! It's now re-set!
It's all in the handbook! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf  ;)  ;)  ;)
« Last Edit: 07 June 2009, 12:18:34 by Andy_B »

3.0V6Elite

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Window Problems!
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2009, 12:24:59 »

Any ideas?

They need re-setting whenever you disconnect the battery. Press & hold the switch when they're at the top for about 4 or 5 secs & you'll hear a click from the motor area. Do it to each window & that's it!  :y

If you have a sunroof that needs re-setting too. Push & hold the switch at closed, tilted & open till all movement stops! It's now re-set!
It's all in the handbook! http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf  ;)  ;)  ;)
Cheers Andy, I go and give it a go now!  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.