Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Good thing about Uber...  (Read 4685 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Good thing about Uber...
« on: 28 June 2019, 21:54:47 »

Is you get to try out lots of different cars, on a recent trip to our Lisbon office I've been in:

Peugeot 308 x2
Renault Megane
E-Class Merc
Ford C-Max
Citroen C3 AirCross
Dacia Duster

All were fairly new, a couple of years old, the Dacia was quite good considering it's a budget car, the Ford felt very poorly built. But the surprise for me was the C3 AirCross, the seats were excellent. Very very comfy and it just floated over bumps, of which there are many in Lisbon. Citroen's maybe disposable cars, but they do appear to offer staggering value and kit.

Ugly cars, but very different interiors.....

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902205133506?sort=sponsored&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&postcode=tw89de&advertising-location=at_cars&model=DS%205&make=DS%20AUTOMOBILES&radius=1501&page=1&modal=photos

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Good thing about Uber...
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2019, 22:34:47 »

If you can afford to go to work via Uber than you can afford to put petrol in your V6. :P

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2019, 22:37:43 »

If you can afford to go to work via Uber than you can afford to put petrol in your V6. :P

Might have been bit costly to ship my 3.2 to Lisbon  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2019, 00:14:48 »

And wash it :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 June 2019, 00:50:36 »

Might have been bit costly to ship drive my 3.2 to Lisbon  ;D

Couldn't you have claimed mileage?  ::)  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2019, 08:34:44 »

The Citroen's seats won't be so comfy after the first few electrical fires have burnt the foam off them *

*assuming the charging system wiring lasts long enough to recharge the battery to cause electrical fires   ;D :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2019, 09:46:38 »

Claim the mileage and roadtrip it down. Far more relaxing that the whole shitty airport thing.

Citroen, like most frogs, are softly sprung and often soft seats (ignoring the wannabe sporty models they do).  Which is why if you're prone to travel sickness, never sit in the back of a frog.

There is, of course, nothing to like about the detestable Uber.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2019, 11:07:37 »

The Citroen's seats won't be so comfy after the first few electrical fires have burnt the foam off them *

*assuming the charging system wiring lasts long enough to recharge the battery to cause electrical fires   ;D :D

Yeah, cause Zafira B’s are known for never catching fire  ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2019, 11:08:31 »

Claim the mileage and roadtrip it down. Far more relaxing that the whole shitty airport thing.

Citroen, like most frogs, are softly sprung and often soft seats (ignoring the wannabe sporty models they do).  Which is why if you're prone to travel sickness, never sit in the back of a frog.

There is, of course, nothing to like about the detestable Uber.

I like Uber, great app, easy to use, simple to expense back.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2019, 11:33:00 »

I like Uber, great app, easy to use, simple to expense back.
But you're a millennial.  Real people go out without a phone, or those that do take one out, ruin it in a pint of beer.  In my experience, apps only work if the phone* they run on is working and available.

*phone. Short for Telephone. The clue is in the name - voice. A device used for speaking to people. A conversation. ;D

I was out having some nosh the other evening, and there was a family of 4 at an adjacent table, and I don't think they uttered more than 2 sentences to each other, but were tapping away on their phones ;D.  The 2 kids (mid teenage as a guess) where taking photos of their plates.  WTF?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2019, 11:51:32 »

Actually, a bit off topic, but being a France earlier this month made me ponder how society has made England (and presumably the rest of the UK) a shithole  >:(

Go out for a meal in France.  All the Brits are pissing around with phones, their little darlings have iPads at the table playing (loudly) some TV/Films and yet still run riot, the parents getting bladdered.  The French families are sat around, as a family, conversing with each other (and anyone else who looks over), eating and drinking wine, and causing no nuisance to anyone else.

Walk outside into the street, and its so clean.  No litter blowing in the breeze. No fag ends. Even around McDonalds (yes, we went through the drive-thru in a WWII army truck to get an ice cream ;D) its spotless.  Compare that to any McDonalds in England, where the ferile kids get a drive-thru and just chuck the rubbish out of the window because the bin is 20yrds away.  I think we've become so used to it in the UK that we don't really notice it.

The mummy brigade like to complain about overuse of plastics ending up in our oceans, but not give little johnny a good hiding for throwing his litter on the floor, and gets overly defensive or aggressive when you point out there is a nearby bin.

Its like an entire society now of opps You, I'm alright Jack. I can do what the opps I like, and opps everyone else.

This is what we've bred.  Its our fault.  And it embarrasses me to be British  :'(
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2019, 12:43:03 »

I drove a 7.5 tonner with a big car trailer on the back to a historic race weekend at Estoril racetrack just outside Lisbon a few years ago.  :)

It was a very pleasant 4 days chugging across France and Spain at 56mph to spend the weekend watching elderly F1 cars race and chatting to the very beautiful Portuguese promo girls!  8)

Another 4 days back via a different route made for a great couple of weeks!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2019, 12:47:07 »

Actually, a bit off topic, but being a France earlier this month made me ponder how society has made England (and presumably the rest of the UK) a shithole  >:(

Go out for a meal in France.  All the Brits are pissing around with phones, their little darlings have iPads at the table playing (loudly) some TV/Films and yet still run riot, the parents getting bladdered.  The French families are sat around, as a family, conversing with each other (and anyone else who looks over), eating and drinking wine, and causing no nuisance to anyone else.

Walk outside into the street, and its so clean.  No litter blowing in the breeze. No fag ends. Even around McDonalds (yes, we went through the drive-thru in a WWII army truck to get an ice cream ;D) its spotless.  Compare that to any McDonalds in England, where the ferile kids get a drive-thru and just chuck the rubbish out of the window because the bin is 20yrds away.  I think we've become so used to it in the UK that we don't really notice it.

The mummy brigade like to complain about overuse of plastics ending up in our oceans, but not give little johnny a good hiding for throwing his litter on the floor, and gets overly defensive or aggressive when you point out there is a nearby bin.

Its like an entire society now of opps You, I'm alright Jack. I can do what the opps I like, and opps everyone else.

This is what we've bred.  Its our fault.  And it embarrasses me to be British  :'(
My wife is a headteacher in an inner city primary school. I can tell you now, it's only going to get worse.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2019, 13:02:05 »

My wife is a headteacher in an inner city primary school. I can tell you now, it's only going to get worse.

FFS how many times?

Headmistress. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 June 2019, 13:05:57 »

Gender-neutral bollo*cks. :-\ :)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.