Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pre faclift Centre Console removal  (Read 2634 times)

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
Pre faclift Centre Console removal
« on: 26 November 2006, 11:26:21 »

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the guide to removing the above?

I am sure I've seen it somewhere but can't find it, I'm struggling like hell to remove the wiring block from the back of the switches :-/

Thanks Pools

Hillper

• Intermediate Member
  • Aylesbury
  • Werthers. Winter, too hard.  Summer, too soft.
    • View Profile
Mods.  'Hillper boot release'.  Dimming mirror.  Cruise control. Rear parking sensors.  Becker/Rockford Fosgate/Infinity/Alpine audio.

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pre faclift Centre Console removal
« Reply #2 on: 26 November 2006, 11:39:21 »

Do you mean the console with the climate switches?

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152745540

and

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1162120610

or the instrument panel?

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152618876

It's the middle one, knew I had seend it somewhere but could find it, just need to get the wiring blocks off now, mine is out, just hanging on the wires :o

Back into the garage I go!!

Pools

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2006, 11:58:40 »

and

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1162120610

or the instrument panel?

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1152618876

It's the middle one, knew I had seend it somewhere but could find it, just need to get the wiring blocks off now, mine is out, just hanging on the wires :o

Back into the garage I go!!

Pools

Arrgh!!! How do these wiring blocks come off!! There is probably something extremely obvious that I am missing here, but I can't see it >:(

Pools

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2006, 11:59:26 »

That's facelift...

... and just to say that my radio did NOT come out using the Halfords' Vauxhall Double-din Radio Removal Tool!  :(

« Last Edit: 26 November 2006, 12:00:55 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2006, 12:04:43 »

That's facelift...

... and just to say that my radio did NOT come out using the Halfords' Vauxhall Double-din Radio Removal Tool!  :(

It took some pulling to get my radio out mate, just need to unclip these wiring blocks some how!! I'm so close to the consolw being out , so near yet so far!!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Pools

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2006, 12:47:19 »

Wahey!

Got all switches off now, :D However, console is now hanging on one connection, the cigartette lighter plug, anyone any ideas how this thing comes off, it doesn't seem to fit the hole?

The better half is even involved now, she is sitting in the car as we speak trying to figre this out?

Thanks
Pools

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2006, 13:30:20 »

New console all wired up and I have air coming out of the vents now :y

However, the background lights on the directional buttons are not working? The fan speed, temp light are all lighting up OK, any ideas please :'(

Also I notice that the date has gone back to the 1st Jan 1998 and clock not working? is this something that Tech2 can fix?

I am nearly there I don't want to screw everything down just yet, at least I might have some warm air in the car for a change, a very welcome change indeed!

The person on ebay that I got the console off assured me that all was in working order when he removed it from the car, it was 1998 2.5 litre C6 CDX saloon, mine is a 2.0 litre CDX 1999.

At least I have heat now anyway and I know how to get the console in and out as well, should be a lot quicker now that I know what I am doing anyway.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pools

1908pools

• Hartlepool
  • Poolies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2006, 17:17:50 »

New console all wired up and I have air coming out of the vents now :y

However, the background lights on the directional buttons are not working? The fan speed, temp light are all lighting up OK, any ideas please :'(

Also I notice that the date has gone back to the 1st Jan 1998 and clock not working? is this something that Tech2 can fix?

I am nearly there I don't want to screw everything down just yet, at least I might have some warm air in the car for a change, a very welcome change indeed!

The person on ebay that I got the console off assured me that all was in working order when he removed it from the car, it was 1998 2.5 litre C6 CDX saloon, mine is a 2.0 litre CDX 1999.

At least I have heat now anyway and I know how to get the console in and out as well, should be a lot quicker now that I know what I am doing anyway.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pools

Just been out for a run and boy is it nice to have some heat in the car after over a fortnight without any.

Everything is working now except the background lights on the console, all of the switches are lighting up, the Temp lights, fan speed and the orange light on whichever button you have the direction of ie screen, face, feet etc but not the actual back ground :-/

Not too bothered at the moment, but I am wonder if one of the multipin plugs either the yellow one or the larger black one is not pushed home enough.

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problems with the lights etc.

Otherwise I feel another job coming on next weekend taking it all apart again, still should be a lot quicker this time :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2006, 18:05:52 »

Possible, with all the work going on around it that the bulbs illuminating these bits have blown...
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2006, 18:54:26 »

The illumination will be one fo the bulbs failed on the white plastic section that houses the heater control block behind the black plastic.

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2006, 20:40:21 »

you should be able to set the date & time using the buttons above the display (as per the owner's handbook) - from memory, the left one has a pic of a clock - the right one has a dot on it. Press and hold left button until display starts flashing, advance this by pressing the right button, repeat until you've gone through all the date and time fields.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 November 2006, 20:45:52 »

you should be able to set the date & time using the buttons above the display (as per the owner's handbook) - from memory, the left one has a pic of a clock - the right one has a dot on it. Press and hold left button until display starts flashing, advance this by pressing the right button, repeat until you've gone through all the date and time fields.
mini facelift onwards (ie computer lines on MID above radio line) should get time from RDS....
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2006, 20:47:44 »

mini facelift onwards (ie computer lines on MID above radio line) should get time from RDS....

I've found the that the quickest way to update is to tune into Radio 2, usually updates in seconds.
I like red cars

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2006, 21:57:18 »

I've found the that the quickest way to update is to tune into Radio 2, usually updates in seconds.

BBC4 works for me every time....
Alas, no more Omegas....

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 November 2006, 23:58:29 »

my pre-facelift had the factory head unit replaced with a kenwood unit so setting by RDS didn't work  :'(

but the facelift one has the factory head unit and sets the date & time itself like it should :y
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.