Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2981565 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1455 on: 18 December 2011, 16:19:22 »

Grrr, finally found why i could smell diesel all the time!!
hate incompetence!!
at some point someone has had inlet manifold off i assume to change glowplugs, anyway long story short
the return pipe from the injection pump(metal) had not been clipped back properly and had been chaffing on a casting on the head right at the back of the cam cover, this has rubbed a small hole in the return pipe which leaked diesel down the back of the engine over the bell housing, hence why i couldnt find it!! every time i went out to look for it after engine had cooled down i was expecting to see a pool/puddle of diesel somewhere on the engine and never could!! engine has always been smoky at low revs since ive had it, as the fuel pressure is now correct as it isnt leaking, the black smoke has also lessened considerably, bonus!!! :y in fairness to whoever did the job it was very very difficult to see it wasnt clipped in, and the leak was on the inside edge of the line, so again very damned difficult to see,
but boy am i glad i found it!! was driving me nuts!!strange thing is you could only smell it every so often,so assuming that sometimes where it was chaffing it settled just in the right place to almost block the  hole!
I presume the metal pipes that go around back of the head?

yep both inlet and return run together round the back of the head, it was chaffing on a casting it was resting on, difference in car is marked, but it didnt help the stutter much!! :-X however it drives throughit much quicker now!!

aaronjb

« Reply #1456 on: 18 December 2011, 17:09:22 »

reset eml again (code 0420) !! changed fuel to Total the other day (always fill up at Sainsbury usually) so assuming fuel switch is problem. I do not want to get involved in the sensor repositioning

If I fill at the Sainsbury on Bagshot Road or the one by work in Chertsey I can almost guarantee the light will be on after half a tank to a tank. If I fill at the Shell further along (by the KFC) the light stays off, and has been off for a couple of months now..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1457 on: 18 December 2011, 19:07:44 »

hate incompetence!!
at some point someone has had inlet manifold off i assume to change glowplugs, anyway long story short
the return pipe from the injection pump(metal) had not been clipped back properly and had been chaffing on a casting on the head right at the back of the cam cover, this has rubbed a small hole in the return pipe which leaked diesel down the back of the engine over the bell housing, hence why i couldnt find it!! every time i went out to look for it after engine had cooled down i was expecting to see a pool/puddle of diesel somewhere on the engine and never could!! engine has always been smoky at low revs since ive had it, as the fuel pressure is now correct as it isnt leaking, the black smoke has also lessened considerably, bonus!!! :y in fairness to whoever did the job it was very very difficult to see it wasnt clipped in, and the leak was on the inside edge of the line, so again very damned difficult to see,
but boy am i glad i found it!! was driving me nuts!!strange thing is you could only smell it every so often,so assuming that sometimes where it was chaffing it settled just in the right place to almost block the  hole!

congrats.. :y

another happy bunny here ;D  and I can understand your feelings.. :)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 18 December 2011, 19:10:40 »

Well following on from the parking damage debacle I've spent several hours off and on wet flatting ,mixing and touching in the chips on the two doors . Champagne pearlescent is a bitch to blend but getting there .It'll always be seen ( by me anyway ) but a bit more time should almost fix it.
I've three different blends of Z489 and all are different . Having to use a " lighter on the angle " mix with a hint of silver and lacquer combined to get it close.
Worked on the Freelander as well after the " three amigos " appeared this week. These are the hill descent, Traction control and ABS dash lights which signify a problem with the ABS components normally . All sensors check out OK so need to delve deeper. Can you believe they appeared when I went to drive off to the NCT test ( MOT ) . Fortunatly it was a retest after it failed on bushes last month so they didn't say anything.
Even in the garage with gas heater on full it's bloody cold .

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1459 on: 18 December 2011, 19:12:40 »

despite the stubborn rain washed miggy and clit .. and dried miggy several times >:(  weather was like april.. :o :o :o

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 18 December 2011, 19:37:45 »

hate incompetence!!

congrats.. :y

another happy bunny here ;D  and I can understand your feelings.. :)

lol thanks Cem, still find meself sniffing a lot trying to smell it though!!
think when its been a couple of weeks with no niff of diesel i willbe convinced its fixed!!! :-X

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 19 December 2011, 06:50:05 »

I finally have fitted wiper stalk with variable intermittent wipe  :y Thanks for the most excellent how-to guide!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 21 December 2011, 11:46:29 »

What is it with newish engines??
A Ford Focus C Max with 54,000 miles ruined.. owner bought a replacement engine and I swapped it......

The whole front unbolts to allow the engine to be pulled straight out.. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 21 December 2011, 13:07:38 »

What is it with newish engines??
A Ford Focus C Max with 54,000 miles ruined.. owner bought a replacement engine and I swapped it......

The whole front unbolts to allow the engine to be pulled straight out.. :y

What killed it,turbo failure?
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 21 December 2011, 13:49:37 »

It was knocking its nuts and bolts off. :o
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 21 December 2011, 14:19:55 »

Discovered a P1625 Internal Power Control Final Stage Code in the gearbox :(

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 21 December 2011, 15:46:11 »

Couldn't work out where the squeak/rattling sound was coming from in the passenger side of the cabin. Actually thought it was the seat belt adjuster in the door pillar, but turned out the door card was loose at the lock end. Took the card off to find that not only had the securing strip come away from the card for about half it's length, but some numpty had tried to fix it with some sort of mastic! Took a long while to clean this off and lost the original 'line' in the process. There seems to be a sort of locating lug so I tried my best, fixing it using the excellent guide, popped it back on and jobs a goodun!
In relation to the guide, I found that there was no screw or fixing behind the storage box  :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 21 December 2011, 17:11:20 »

Yeh, that's quite common!

I fixed mine with 'No more Nails'! Seemed to be the best thing to use to stick to the back of the card.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 21 December 2011, 17:22:05 »

Drained and flushed the old blue coolant out the Disco then refilled with longlife red at a good 50/50 mix.  Changed the 4 glowplugs as well so should be sorted for the winter now....   :y

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1469 on: 21 December 2011, 17:28:27 »

Changed the standard horns to some louder ones ::)
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.