Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Burgandy Red Z594  (Read 1486 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Burgandy Red Z594
« on: 18 July 2019, 20:39:51 »

For those interested, who have an Omega in Z594, burgundy red, Vauxhall seem to have now sold out completely of their stocks of this colour.

Back in February when I bought my last two packs of aerosol, with laquer, part no. 093170648, my Vx dealer parts guy told me I had just bought the last of that in stock at Luton.  Yesterday I was using my stocks up on just finishing my work on the rear wheel arches when I ran out. I only had one tiny piece of my final coats to do! Phoned Vx to re-order - short story is that Luton now cannot supply that colour, nor can the various companies that they use to trace genuine Vx parts and paint; all completely out of stock!

Anyway, hopefully, not all is lost as Halfords still mix up colours to manufacturers codes, but due to Health & Safety it has to be done centrally, away from the stores. So I have placed my order 8)

Online there are some companies who claim to be able to also mix up this paint, although one didn't recognise the year build of my Omega, and another wanted €25+ for an aerosol can, when Halfords is £17, less TC for 400ml.
But anyone who still has the genuine Vx Z594 paint, treasure it; it is the last!

;)
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 20:47:08 by Lizzie Zoom »

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Burgandy Red Z594
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2019, 22:47:08 »

There is a Halfords branch just over half a mile away from me that will do the same as you say Lizzie,however I'm lucky in that about 2 miles away from me is a paint factor that will make up paint-whether it be from a colour code or physically taking a part or even the whole car to compare to colour swatches-in any amount from touch up stick through aerosol can to as many litres as you wish-while you wait.It's quite a while since I last bought any and don't recall how much they charge.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2019, 22:56:47 »

not a big deal as any decent paint factor will mix any quantity of paint to match what is actually on the car. It won't be the same after 15 years on the road as was when it left the factory.

A litre of basecoat is about £50, and that will cover half the car. Aerosols are a very expensive way of buying paint!
« Last Edit: 18 July 2019, 23:00:34 by Nick W »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2019, 23:24:30 »

I have never found Halfords to be any use at mixing colours reliably. I have a local paint supplier who mixes all my aerosols up to the paint codes for me and they always do a good match. Around £15 per can.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 July 2019, 08:53:22 »

not a big deal as any decent paint factor will mix any quantity of paint to match what is actually on the car. It won't be the same after 15 years on the road as was when it left the factory.

A litre of basecoat is about £50, and that will cover half the car. Aerosols are a very expensive way of buying paint!

They are indeed! ::)

With my lack of bodywork painting skills though an aerosol to just do very simple spraying is enough for me. If I had a litre of car paint I probably be best to use it when decorating in the home; I'm safe painting there! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 July 2019, 08:55:36 »

I have never found Halfords to be any use at mixing colours reliably. I have a local paint supplier who mixes all my aerosols up to the paint codes for me and they always do a good match. Around £15 per can.

I am pleased to say I have a very good rapport with the staff at my local Halford's and they have agreed to do a small paint test with the ordered paint, and it it is not right I can walk away. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2019, 10:43:14 »

Burgungy red?

I thought your car was finished in Ruebens red, Lizzie.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2019, 11:22:21 »

Burgungy red?

Well it's Z594 ;D ;D

Burgundy red is the name I have used, but you are probably right it is Ruebens Red Opti!! ::) ::) :-* :-* :D :D :y

There are just so many reds, as the guy in Halfords told me how many shades exist in the trade. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2019, 12:29:53 »

Burgungy red?

Well it's Z594 ;D ;D

Burgundy red is the name I have used, but you are probably right it is Ruebens Red Opti!! ::) ::) :-* :-* :D :D :y

There are just so many reds, as the guy in Halfords told me how many shades exist in the trade. ;)

Ruebens red and Burgundy red may or may not be one and the same colour..... :) :-* :-*

Be careful.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 July 2019, 12:57:13 »

Burgungy red?

Well it's Z594 ;D ;D

Ruebens red and Burgundy red may or may not be one and the same colour..... :) :-* :-*

Be careful.

Tell me about it Opti!  I found that out yesterday when I went to Halfords and they had a can of Vauxhall burgundy red, with a colour identification band around the lid that matched absolutely the colour of my car.  I bought it and went into the car park to do a small patch test; it was NOT the right red, being far too light.  Took it back into the store, got a refund and they ordered, hopefully, the correct Z594.

So yes, even the tin colour can be wrong as I made clear to Halfords after I looked online at the product details for that particular burgundy red.  It is, according to Halfords, code 78L 567 specifically for Vauxhall Cavalier, Carlton & Senator from 1991 to 1997 !!!! :o :o

I said to the staff, how many of those do you sell? ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 19 July 2019, 15:01:49 »

You take no notice of the colour band shown on the can, that varies a lot during the printing process. The code is the key to which red you are getting.
If someone bought it for a 1992 cavalier and compared the colour band to their car, they'd have returned it too.
It's never going to be a perfect match on an older car anyway, unless it's been kept in a warm garage and never been outside. The car, not the paint  :)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2019, 15:16:42 »

You take no notice of the colour band shown on the can, that varies a lot during the printing process. The code is the key to which red you are getting.
If someone bought it for a 1992 cavalier and compared the colour band to their car, they'd have returned it too.
It's never going to be a perfect match on an older car anyway, unless it's been kept in a warm garage and never been outside. The car, not the paint  :)

I can say very truthfully that all the cans of genuine Z594 I have used, on those rear arches, has matched perfectly with the rest of the 16 year old panels. But, yes, I do keep it in a garage always, without the warm blanket though, but what the previous owners did I have not a clue! ::) :D :D ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.