Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some knob in a BMW X5 !  (Read 1969 times)

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
Some knob in a BMW X5 !
« on: 10 October 2006, 21:47:23 »

Some knob in a BMW X5 has just backed in to me !! B *******ard !

Waiting for petrol in a local petrol station and idiot backs in to me ( apparently he got sick of waiting for a pump to become free !

Scuffed the front bumper and dented bonnet ( on the 2 inch strip that comes down the side of the rad grille )
Really pissed off about this, as the car was in really good condition body wise with very few marks on it !
Anyone else had a similar bump and what was the cost !
Just hope the insurance dont turn around and say its your word against his, although he did admit liabilty at the time !

Mark

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Some knob in a BMW X5 !
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2006, 21:50:26 »

Some knob in a BMW X5 has just backed in to me !! B *******ard !

Waiting for petrol in a local petrol station and idiot backs in to me ( apparently he got sick of waiting for a pump to become free !

Scuffed the front bumper and dented bonnet ( on the 2 inch strip that comes down the side of the rad grille )
Really pissed off about this, as the car was in really good condition body wise with very few marks on it !
Anyone else had a similar bump and what was the cost !
Just hope the insurance dont turn around and say its your word against his, although he did admit liabilty at the time !

Mark
Ask garage if they have cctv, this one could be dodgy (he could say you ran into back of him, and that is a more likely scenario so he may win).  Get a witness as well...
Grumpy old man

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2006, 21:53:41 »

Funnily enough the insurance mentioned CCTV, so they might apply for it !
Just hope people are honest, cos i have his address, and one dark night his car may mysteriously start self damaging  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2006, 22:05:40 »

beensaid already but its sound adivce - go back to garage speak to staff that wre there and get verbal agreement and get them to play back - if possible cctv - then they witness it before the tapes gets lost etc!!!

MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2006, 22:13:30 »

Will do-------------cheers :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2006, 00:03:35 »

A lot of CCTV footage at this sort of place is recorded onto a hard drive, and so should be available for some time, if it has this system. This will mean that the portion you need will have to be downloaded onto disk for you, and that can usually only be done by a particular member of staff.
Get onto it as soon as you can though, and good luck.

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 October 2006, 00:27:17 »

Had a guy back into my door 3 months ago, he admitted it at the time & I had a witness.
Then his insurance are claiming that I side side swiped him, still waiting for them to sort it  :(
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 October 2006, 12:19:15 »

ask if you can get a copy of the CCTV yourself...

Some people are honest, my dad returned from Business last week to Birmingham Airport, with a note on his windscreen saying "call this number regarding the damage on your car"

Was night when he got back and could not see anything, its only the following day he noticed the scratch and mark on the back door, luckly its only on the plastic pannel and not the metal door.

Its a fairly small mark, but the lady did leave her number and is prepared to pay for the damage, which is nice. His car was there all week and she could have driven off...

mar892ree

• Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 October 2006, 14:57:00 »

Bugger, thought my Missus had got away with that one , i will have to have  aword with her about leaving notes on cars   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 October 2006, 15:46:26 »

Bugger, thought my Missus had got away with that one , i will have to have  aword with her about leaving notes on cars   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D

Taking another look could be Very expensive  ;)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #10 on: 11 October 2006, 18:43:57 »

I had a similar experience in a supermarket carpark a couple of years ago......some winker parked next to me had reversed out and caved my drivers door in.....it was bad....must have hit mine and just carried on going  >:(

But some kind hearted person that must have witnessed it and took his reg no and left a note on my screen.....saying this is the number you want and a description of the bloke driving.....well from the neck up really  ;D .

After a letter to the dvla they produced his name and address....so i turned up on their front door a few weeks after the incident.....explaining that they had caused damage to my car....bloke answered the door......admitted his wife had damaged my car and no probs he'd pay.

Now think about kind person leaving a note describing the bloke driving....but when i confront him he says his wife had the accident.....um maybe driving his wifes car unisured.....and they way he caved in so easily....and paid me cash to get it fixed...hmmm

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 October 2006, 20:35:12 »

I had a similar experience in a supermarket carpark a couple of years ago......some winker parked next to me had reversed out and caved my drivers door in.....it was bad....must have hit mine and just carried on going  >:(

But some kind hearted person that must have witnessed it and took his reg no and left a note on my screen.....saying this is the number you want and a description of the bloke driving.....well from the neck up really  ;D .

After a letter to the dvla they produced his name and address....so i turned up on their front door a few weeks after the incident.....explaining that they had caused damage to my car....bloke answered the door......admitted his wife had damaged my car and no probs he'd pay.

Now think about kind person leaving a note describing the bloke driving....but when i confront him he says his wife had the accident.....um maybe driving his wifes car unisured.....and they way he caved in so easily....and paid me cash to get it fixed...hmmm
I woulda blamed her too, and maybe pay cash to keep her from finding out  ;) ;D
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.