Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2982527 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #15945 on: 26 March 2018, 19:06:45 »

Replaced rear pads on TBE, then set about looking for the reason for the Black Pussy's insatiable appetite for screenwash since xmas , even when unused.

To replace the knackered part, the bloody bumper has to come off, grrrr.  Still, I wanted to replace the bulbs anyway, and that's a bumper off job as well.

Guess I need to make up a shopping list... ;D

I carnt get to headlight bulbs on my mondeo either, as they are, but I find it a 10min job to pop the complete headlight unit out change the bulb and replace. Is it not possible to the same on the jag  :-\
As Mundano is usually fitted with standard bulbs, EU legislation says they have to be changeable at the side of the road within 15mins, using tools provided with car, assuming you are relatively competent.

All X351 XJs are Xenon or LED, so come under category of not a user serviceable item, so those rules don't apply.  Thus it is bumper off job (though I reckon there is enough space with wheelarch liners out, but would be fiddly as hell, so quicker to do it the way they suggest)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: 26 March 2018, 19:07:32 »

Put the Mundano through the wash and took the opportunity to read up on Oil spec. :y
And what does it need?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: 26 March 2018, 19:23:59 »

Changed the oil in TBE, topped up screenwash, and checked other fluid levels.  Went to change pollen filter, only to realise I didn't have a spare, so had to put old one back in for now.

I did have a pollen filter for a black pussy, so did that whilst I was doing stuff.
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: 27 March 2018, 07:28:23 »

Replaced rear pads on TBE, then set about looking for the reason for the Black Pussy's insatiable appetite for screenwash since xmas , even when unused.

To replace the knackered part, the bloody bumper has to come off, grrrr.  Still, I wanted to replace the bulbs anyway, and that's a bumper off job as well.

I carnt get to headlight bulbs on my mondeo either, as they are, but I find it a 10min job to pop the complete headlight unit out change the bulb and replace. Is it not possible to the same on the jag  :-\
As Mundano is usually fitted with standard bulbs, EU legislation says they have to be changeable at the side of the road within 15mins, using tools provided with car, assuming you are relatively competent.

All X351 XJs are Xenon or LED, so come under category of not a user serviceable item, so those rules don't apply.  Thus it is bumper off job (though I reckon there is enough space with wheelarch liners out, but would be fiddly as hell, so quicker to do it the way they suggest)

Ah ok. I guess Jag try to make changing the bulbs a dealer only job then  ::)

I'm not looking forward to when the LED DRL's fail.....as on the Mondeo, Ford dim them for use as sidelights and it would be an MOT fail if one went and a damn sight more expensive to replace than a 40p bulb.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: 27 March 2018, 19:07:09 »

Ah ok. I guess Jag try to make changing the bulbs a dealer only job then  ::)

I'm not looking forward to when the LED DRL's fail.....as on the Mondeo, Ford dim them for use as sidelights and it would be an MOT fail if one went and a damn sight more expensive to replace than a 40p bulb.
Any HID or LED is not deemed to be anything other than a professional to change.

Audi are real buggers, they claim most of the bulbs, including rear light clusters, are dealer only, thus get around legislation.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: 27 March 2018, 19:15:38 »

Dealer delivered a lot of bits.

So now I have to get of my 'arris and fit them :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15951 on: 27 March 2018, 19:51:55 »

Changed the oil in TBE, topped up screenwash, and checked other fluid levels.  Went to change pollen filter, only to realise I didn't have a spare, so had to put old one back in for now.
Forgot to say, afterwards took it for a proper good spanking little spin, god I miss my Omega.

There is something not quite right with the handling though, so I think time for new shocks and springs (probably not lowered fronts this time, as I don't think the bumper can withstand much more excitement (its seen some action, and was heavily repaired, then got melted in the garage incident, and heavily repaired again) over hump bridges.  Might have to ask that nice Mr Gixer fella to cast his eye over the bushes, and do them if required as well at same time...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: 28 March 2018, 19:59:58 »

Gave the Pussy a run up to Coventry and back, as it needed a run.  Picked up an old down-and-out whilst in Coventry, and brought her home.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15953 on: 28 March 2018, 22:54:11 »

Gave the Pussy a run up to Coventry and back, as it needed a run.  Picked up an old down-and-out whilst in Coventry, and brought her home.
I hope she cooked you dinner...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #15954 on: 29 March 2018, 07:50:11 »

Ordered 3 new tyres yesterday for fitting Saturday. This morning the car would not start. Immobiliser light flashing. Wife said her usual 'That oppsing car! Get a new one'. Maybe she's right.  :'(

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: 29 March 2018, 09:25:48 »

I hope she cooked you dinner...
Lasagne and chips, but no onion rings  >:(. So she went to bed with her tail between her legs.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: 29 March 2018, 09:26:08 »

Ordered 3 new tyres yesterday for fitting Saturday. This morning the car would not start. Immobiliser light flashing. Wife said her usual 'That oppsing car! Get a new one'. Maybe she's right.  :'(
Should be easy fix :y
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #15957 on: 29 March 2018, 10:06:43 »

Yeah.. there are car dealers everywhere :y ;)

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #15958 on: 29 March 2018, 10:19:05 »

Yeah.. there are car dealers everywhere :y ;)

;D

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #15959 on: 29 March 2018, 10:56:50 »

Ordered air filter and pollen filter for total of £13 from ECP, starting to stock pile items for a summer service on 3.2

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.