Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I unplug the cable from door remote locking solenoid?  (Read 1141 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile

I have the door card off and can feel the plug, but not see it. I know I have to press the 2 clips together and pull the plug downwards. In the past I have found it difficult, often resulting in badly scratched hand. Is there a better way of doing it?

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: How do I unplug the cable from door remote locking solenoid?
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2018, 09:50:26 »

Access just through the door cut out is restricted and like you ,the several I have needed to replace have all resulted in the usual " Omega Injuries".

From memory I think if you undo the T head bolts from the door end and the rods you can get the solenoid and mounting to turn up abit allowing slightly better access

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2018, 10:01:09 »

There are two different types of connectors for the door locks. The older type is more oval shape while the newer type (96-97 and up) are more square. On the newer type there are two grey plastic tabs on the shorter side of the connector that needs to be pushed towards the center of the connector while you pull it out. The older type just pulls out i believe. But if the goal is to change the lock motor the lock mechanism has to come out anyways and then you will get a clearer view. Just the 3 screws at the door end and a couple of rods to detach.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2018, 10:59:10 »

Thank you gentlemen. I was hoping there was a better way of doing it, but apparently not. Undoing the 3 torx bolts holding the lock in place, I eventually managed to press the 2 ears together and wriggle the plug out, collecting only bruises in the operation.

robson

• Omega Knight
  • Nr Ashford Kent
    • 2.6 facelift 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 October 2018, 16:41:10 »

if I remember rightly the cable is clipped to the base of the door by releasing this allows the plug to come up higher making the job much easier :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.