Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bavarian brawn  (Read 6245 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Bavarian brawn
« Reply #45 on: 14 April 2024, 16:04:15 »

Sorry Nick, Don’t think they were ever respectable 😁 on the other hand the Morris Marina …….🤣🤣

The woeful Marina was laughably seen as 'the future' when introduced in 1971......despite the antiquated engineering coming straight from the mid 1950's. :D ;D

For a long time now I've had a hankering for a morris traveller with a V6, Vauxhall or jag as a bit of a runabout, would make an amusing sleeper.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 April 2024, 21:33:24 »

Sorry Nick, Don’t think they were ever respectable 😁 on the other hand the Morris Marina …….🤣🤣

The woeful Marina was laughably seen as 'the future' when introduced in 1971......despite the antiquated engineering coming straight from the mid 1950's. :D ;D

For a long time now I've had a hankering for a morris traveller with a V6, Vauxhall or jag as a bit of a runabout, would make an amusing sleeper.

My Mum had a Morris Minor with an engine from a Austin Healy Sprite and Dolomite Sprint running gear. At least that's what I think it had, but whatever it was definitely a sleeper. The only clue was the slightly fatter wheels.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 April 2024, 22:50:15 »

……..
 I'd still love to have a decent run again in an SD1 Vitesse but again I'm sure it wouldn't feel the same as the first time I drove one!

I owned a Moonraker Blue Rover SD1 3.5 Vitesse TP for around 5 years. It was a big (for that era) comfortable car, but boy did it like a drink. It sounded sweet, especially after I’d removed the centre boxes from the zorst.  :y  Rust got to it in the end, mainly the door bottoms due to poor drainage and the rear arches. In later years a couple of colleagues completely rebuilt their Vitesse’s with new parts from Rimmer Brothers, but back then I had a young family and was finding 16mpg on a good day a drain on my wallet, very often much lower the way I drove it. As far as I can recall the V8 and transmission never let me down.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 09:57:47 »

That's why I am building my 51 Austin Countryman with all the Omega running gear, looks stock but far from it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 10:43:12 »

Ive always loved the idea of the fun that could be had from a sleeper car.
Probably my ultimate one would have been the poverty spec prefacelift Omega, with Lotus Carlton running gear built by Omegatoy.
10 or more years ago I was told it had sat neglected on a driveway in Cambridge for several years, which set off dreams of buying it.
I heard not long after that the owner had sold the running gear when he got an offer he couldnt refuse.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Yesterday at 15:05:37 »

That's why I am building my 51 Austin Countryman with all the Omega running gear, looks stock but far from it.

I bet that will go well when you're finished  >:D

About 200bhp/tonne?

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 16:40:36 »

Something like that! Not sure how well it will corner--------

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 21:44:59 »

Ive always loved the idea of the fun that could be had from a sleeper car.
Probably my ultimate one would have been the poverty spec prefacelift Omega, with Lotus Carlton running gear built by Omegatoy.
10 or more years ago I was told it had sat neglected on a driveway in Cambridge for several years, which set off dreams of buying it.
I heard not long after that the owner had sold the running gear when he got an offer he couldnt refuse.

I reckon Robsey's V8 "Omega 2.5 estate" was pretty much perfect. Before he gave the game away by poking a blower through the bonnet!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 22:08:07 »

I think that was for sale on ebay recently. Wouldnt want an estate myself, but otherwise a lovely thing.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.