Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1748   Go Down

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 2979744 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1350 on: 01 December 2011, 20:28:26 »

Omega seems over-sensitive to balancing.  Always have problems from most places, usually require multiple visits  >:(

Never had trouble with WIM balancing, always been spot on, although I have had a weight drop off after a day before.
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1351 on: 01 December 2011, 21:19:37 »

Bit if a vibration since fitting new tyres, and got worse after re fitting re furbed and new tyre shod wheels when Micheldever balanced all four. They used thier 5 stud system as requested and i watched the guy balance them through the reception window. All ok showed on the screen.
 But nfg. Car vibrating over a certain speed, rotate the fronts to the back and slightly better. But still there, hmmm inbalanced wheels at the back then.
 Down to my local tyre man, using thier own 5 stud balancer, sure enough both rears 20 and 15 grams out. One front 20 grams out.

Re fitted, quick blat up the motorway, smooth as a babys bum. Britain tyres in Reading. Good chaps. :y

balancer machines dont give satisfactory results imo.. best is done on the car..

besides newly fitted tires will still loose balance after some trip.. :-\

Back in the 70's they used to balance the wheels on the car, I wonder why they don't do it now.

because its easy on the machine and not risky.. but even 0 grs of balance on machine is faulty on the car when you check with the flashing light.. and you can feel when you sit inside the car.. generally I sit inside the car when they work and I tell the result of weight inserted..
They think i'm fussy, as i'm they're only customer that uses/insists on 5 stud, but they do it because they KNOW i'll be back to get it sorted if they dont. Not had balance at wim, but Britain tyres are the only place that get it right out of many i've used. Odd...

trust me not odd.. I have tried 20 or more different shops before I find one  :-\

feeutfo

« Reply #1352 on: 01 December 2011, 21:24:05 »

Bit if a vibration since fitting new tyres, and got worse after re fitting re furbed and new tyre shod wheels when Micheldever balanced all four. They used thier 5 stud system as requested and i watched the guy balance them through the reception window. All ok showed on the screen.
 But nfg. Car vibrating over a certain speed, rotate the fronts to the back and slightly better. But still there, hmmm inbalanced wheels at the back then.
 Down to my local tyre man, using thier own 5 stud balancer, sure enough both rears 20 and 15 grams out. One front 20 grams out.

Re fitted, quick blat up the motorway, smooth as a babys bum. Britain tyres in Reading. Good chaps. :y

balancer machines dont give satisfactory results imo.. best is done on the car..

Back in the 70's they used to balance the wheels on the car, I wonder why they don't do it now.

because its easy on the machine and not risky.. but even 0 grs of balance on machine is faulty on the car when you check with the flashing light.. and you can feel when you sit inside the car.. generally I sit inside the car when they work and I tell the result of weight inserted..
They think i'm fussy, as i'm they're only customer that uses/insists on 5 stud, but they do it because they KNOW i'll be back to get it sorted if they dont. Not had balance at wim, but Britain tyres are the only place that get it right out of many i've used. Odd...

trust me not odd.. I have tried 20 or more different shops before I find one  :-\
Odd, in that one company gets it right so often, where others fail continually.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1353 on: 01 December 2011, 21:26:18 »

I start to think most drivers even dont recognize there is a balance problem.. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 01 December 2011, 21:26:38 »

Lack of knowledge/understanding, or assume most don't worry about it that much...
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #1355 on: 01 December 2011, 21:28:29 »

Omega seems over-sensitive to balancing.  Always have problems from most places, usually require multiple visits  >:(

Never had trouble with WIM balancing, always been spot on, although I have had a weight drop off after a day before.

I think not miggy , we are too sensitive.. if you drive a car for long time, you memorize all vibrations and sounds , any unfamiliar vibration or sound disturbs us..

feeutfo

« Reply #1356 on: 01 December 2011, 21:39:46 »

I think not miggy , we are too sensitive.. if you drive a car for long time, you memorize all vibrations and sounds , any unfamiliar vibration or sound disturbs us..
firmer suspension, polly bushes, lower profile tyres fitted. Nowhere for a wheel balance issue to hide in there. So it appears worse than on stock set up. But would be felt. Even Mrs Gixer noticed it, and if she notices a chassis issue, you know its bad. ;D

robmac

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 01 December 2011, 23:22:49 »

drained engine coolant today after running with radweld in for a few days. re-filled with vauxhall red antifreeze 50/50 mix to see if leak at rear of engine would re-appear and of course to be ready for the winter months...drove 100 miles  and level is spot on and no leaks so all is well with miss miggy again, for a while at least :y  happy days!!

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 02 December 2011, 14:35:48 »

Swopped the spare fully charged batteries onto the Omega & Astra.

Something I do every month during the winter.

Interesting, both batteries I removed were only showing 80% charge.

They're being conditioned/charged as we speak with my smart chargers.
I like red cars

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 02 December 2011, 17:38:59 »

got 4 new tyres fitted :'( :'(

robmac

• View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 03 December 2011, 17:49:17 »

fitted new drivers side drive shaft to daughters citroen c1. lovely job :y and a very happy daughter now her car doesnt try to shake itself to bits any more.

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1361 on: 03 December 2011, 18:04:53 »

Fitted my Irmscher badge to the front grill, General level check and top up. Gave it a wash for wales meet but after 130 miles will be just as bad ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 03 December 2011, 18:28:49 »

Replaced the dead bulb in the DTi's sunroof switch and cleaned the disc. Had a close look at the leak off pipes but can't see any evidence of them failing.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 04 December 2011, 15:45:15 »

Yesterday, had some lower mileage cats fitted to the Silver Bullet (mine always struggles on CO at MOT, but it has done 181k). Changed the AC compressor AGAIN :P.  Did 350 miles, and at no point did I feel anything other than content, happy, impressed, comfortable with the old girl.

Today, changed the washer bottle and headlight pump on the Bullet, due to a leak (bumper off job), and replaced a misted up foglight (bumper off job). Put it all back together, tested, and the friggin replacement foglight had a blown bulb...   ....yup, bumper off job!  Gave it a blat around the lanes (playing with tyre pressures).

Changed the coil pack on TBE, at last ::), had a gentle sedate cruise in it afterwards.

Shock amount all shocks, fully Tech2'd both cars, which is something I never seem to get time to do on my own ones ::).  Bullet was completely clear, bar a trim problem n idle on gas (known about, need to think on a solution), TBE had a sunroof code, most likely due to battery always going flat, a trim code (known about, LPG related), and a headlight levelling issue that it always has had (suspect duff servo, but whilst it works fine, no hurry to investigate too hard... ...until the next meet, when I can steal a servo :P).
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #1364 on: 04 December 2011, 16:09:17 »

Lpg ingrctor nozels need to be smaller on TBE. 2.3mm...?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 1748   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.