Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I didn't really want one.. now I can't have one.. I really want one  (Read 7818 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile

If you want a Jeep AND a pick up, then get one of these...

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/new-jeep-gladiator-heavy-duty-pick-launched

Only £42,000 for the Rubicon range topper 8)

That would work just fine in Arizona or Montana.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

The issue with the Transit is they are a woefully screwed together and noisy ride, not great for leisurely trips, the Ranger is just a horrible handling pickup, not for anybody who actually likes to push on and enjoy the drive. But both are cart spring setups and designed for lugging loads and not general use.
I loved the tranny I had at work for a few years, but it did need to be fully laden (actually overweight, as I pointed out to my boss on numerous occasions, despite having skipped most of the stupid heavy shit they wanted us to carry) to handle - empty, nigh on impossible to drive it properly quick without constantly spinning it.

I loved the way the traffic just parted as a big grey tranny comes barrelling towards them.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

Went and looked at the V10 Touareg.. didn't buy it, but that has more to do with the fact that I didn't get the warm fuzzies about the (private) sellers than the car.

Hilariously quick, though.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Went and looked at the V10 Touareg.. didn't buy it, but that has more to do with the fact that I didn't get the warm fuzzies about the (private) sellers than the car.

I still think that a Cayenne would be the enthusiasts choice ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

aaronjb

True - although this is entirely personal opinion, I think they are far uglier unfortunately.. like every-branch-on-the-way-down ugly ;D and the Toerag is no looker!

There are "better" looking V10 Toerags on 'trader, but they're in places like Warrington & Darlington :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

I wonder if the Toerag wiring fairs any better than the Cayenne  :-\

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile

All mine has had in three years 35k miles is servicing and tyres and a set of rear pads,no electronical faults at all (touches wood nervously ::))
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

Henry - does yours have the self levelling uppy downy suspension? I'm not sure if they all do or not.. if it does, does it "sigh" and sit back down when you turn the ignition off and lock the car?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile

True - although this is entirely personal opinion, I think they are far uglier unfortunately.. like every-branch-on-the-way-down ugly ;D and the Toerag is no looker!

There are "better" looking V10 Toerags on 'trader, but they're in places like Warrington & Darlington :(

Cayenne also has some pretty full on reliability issues ranging from the auto box through the V8 alloy pipe work to the headlight washers.......and not cheap to put right either.  :-\

aaronjb

Cayenne also has some pretty full on reliability issues ranging from the auto box through the V8 alloy pipe work to the headlight washers.......and not cheap to put right either.  :-\

Sounds like the 'pipe of doom' on the N62 that runs through the centre of the V and fills your engine with coolant when* it fails.. (also known for valve stem seal failures, of course)

* aaronjb peers at the BMW

I can almost hear it plotting against me from here ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

All mine has had in three years 35k miles is servicing and tyres and a set of rear pads,no electronical faults at all (touches wood nervously ::))
I only mention it following some horrors here... https://youtu.be/3aT8-5cbNR4 :o

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile

Henry - does yours have the self levelling uppy downy suspension? I'm not sure if they all do or not.. if it does, does it "sigh" and sit back down when you turn the ignition off and lock the car?

No.fortunately I'm steel sprung :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

Surely a range rover with 8 cylinders, and possibly a nice big blower would be the enthusiast's choice?

And by enthusiast I mean a man not afraid of his spanners, or his cheque book!  ;D

I mean, this one has even proved itself to be reliable, or at least long lived....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902195086834?atmobcid=soc3

« Last Edit: 29 April 2019, 17:13:30 by jimmy944 »

STEMO

Surely a range rover with 8 cylinders, and possibly a nice big blower would be the enthusiast's choice?

And by enthusiast I mean a man not afraid of his spanners, or his cheque book!  ;D

I mean, this one has even proved itself to be reliable, or at least long lived....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902195086834?atmobcid=soc3
Ten grand for a rangie with starship miles, what could possibly go wrong?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile

Ten grand for a rangie with starship miles, what could possibly go wrong?

Shush you.

There's precious little entertainment I'm this world, we could get years of solid gold internet giggles out of him buying that!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.