Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit negotiations  (Read 69612 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit negotiations
« Reply #555 on: 08 December 2018, 10:06:47 »

The petition about the migration treaty required all your details too. It's so they know you are actually a person, not so the stasi can pay you a visit.  ;D

Yer but... All the other petitions at least show how many signatories they have before you input your details.  This one you can't see how many people have signed it...  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 08 December 2018, 10:35:31 »

This is boring.  Views with some people are too entrenched, on all sides, to the point of arrogance.  Its not a debate any more, its people acting like politicians, and name calling those who's views they disagree with, and not adding anything meaningful.

Due to the nature of this thread, I have to read it in case it needs modding, but the will to live is draining.

So please only add something if its new and not just stupid, like to get the soundbites like Thereasonous May or Backstabber Boris and so on.

tia
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 08 December 2018, 10:48:17 »

This is boring.  Views with some people are too entrenched, on all sides, to the point of arrogance.  Its not a debate any more, its people acting like politicians, and name calling those who's views they disagree with, and not adding anything meaningful.

Due to the nature of this thread, I have to read it in case it needs modding, but the will to live is draining.

So please only add something if its new and not just stupid, like to get the soundbites like Thereasonous May or Backstabber Boris and so on.

tia

Picture Shami totally naked and available. That will recharge your battery. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 08 December 2018, 13:49:42 »

Heidi Allen is very easy on the eye. :-* :-* :-*

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 08 December 2018, 23:30:46 »

https://briefingsforbrexit.com/a-letter-to-remainers-by-dr-graham-gudgin/

I suspect you could rewrite that article, change "remainer" to "brexiteer", flip the assertions and it would be just as true.

Knowing little or nothing about the EU is hardly the preserve of remainers.  ::) Particularly given the constant stream of lies and misinformation peddled (and then much later apologised for) by the daily fail, express etc Al.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2016/06/22/debunking-years-of-tabloid-claims-about-europe

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 09 December 2018, 00:20:52 »

One thing's for sure we all know a lot more about the EU than we did two and a half years ago.  ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 09 December 2018, 02:59:13 »

By far the best clear, frank & concise article on why Parliament is tying itself in knots (or webs of deceit) over #Brexit. Hint:It is all due to the politicians big lie since we joined.

https://countrysquire.co.uk/2018/12/07/the-game-is-up/
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 09 December 2018, 09:49:27 »

By far the best clear, frank & concise article on why Parliament is tying itself in knots (or webs of deceit) over #Brexit. Hint:It is all due to the politicians big lie since we joined.

https://countrysquire.co.uk/2018/12/07/the-game-is-up/
Working in the Internet business, I can tell just by looking at the seo friendly URL how that is bias ;)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 09 December 2018, 09:56:24 »

One thing's for sure we all know a lot more about the EU than we did two and a half years ago.  ::)
I think (thick) joe public aren't. They believe what the BBC/Sky/Daily Fail/Guardian (included for fairnest) etc tell them.

I believe that is why individual views are so entrenched, and differing views must be wrong.

That's why the EU will roll over and give us the crown jewels, and conversely, project doom will happen.  Obviously, reality sits in the middle somewhere.
Grumpy old man

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 09 December 2018, 18:04:03 »

I think (thick) joe public aren't. They believe what the BBC/Sky/Daily Fail/Guardian (included for fairnest) etc tell them.

I believe that is why individual views are so entrenched, and differing views must be wrong.

That's why the EU will roll over and give us the crown jewels, and conversely, project doom will happen.  Obviously, reality sits in the middle somewhere.

That's a gross underestimation regarding the perceptive ability of the voting public.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 09 December 2018, 18:15:01 »

That's a gross underestimation regarding the perceptive ability of the voting public.

You've never had to deal with the general public in any way whatsoever have you?

I envy you :-\

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 09 December 2018, 19:24:51 »

I'll just leave this here.  ::)
https://youtu.be/eXk7MxR5seI

For the record, I DO NOT agree with the title/caption of the video. That kind of ridiculous name calling is more than half the reason why remain couldn't engage and make a credible case for itself.

However the comments in the video stuck with me. And will probably stay in my memory for ever.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 19:26:41 by jimmy944 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 09 December 2018, 20:25:15 »

None of this matters. The majority voted to leave and leave we must. The only other option is to abolish democracy in the UK. Although those who are trying to subvert the result are trying to dress it up as other things, the result of not fully leaving, or not leaving at all, is the abolition of democracy.
This is why even those who voted to remain, if faced with another vote, should as a matter of conscience and morality, go out and vote to leave.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 09 December 2018, 20:34:32 »

Anyway there is some truth in the EU bendy banana story, as there are EU regulations that control the production and standards of fruit to be sold in the EU and Commission Regulation 2257/94 states that bananas must be "free from malformation or abnormal curvature."   :P

I'm sure that pre-1973 there were British regulations that did much the same thing, and post 29th March 2019 the regulation will endure, albeit converted to a UK regulation.  ;)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 20:37:18 by Sir Tigger QC »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.