Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: lots of lights  (Read 2577 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
lots of lights
« on: 01 May 2007, 21:52:38 »

Further assistance required please....driving home tonight car again felt lumpy and running uneven..as in speed restriction kept to 50mph but revs going from 2500-3000 and back again..when accelerated after road works eml came on again..slowed down and car eventually died..pulled over to hard shoulder to see if anthing falen off..all intact so tried to start car..thank heavens it did and off i went again albeit like a kangaroo..shortly after dash display flashed up "automatic gearbox" and then gearbox warning light on dash came on and stayed alight..again stopped ..looked and started up..managed to get home although car had vertually no acceleration and at 2500 revs barley doing 30 mph...got home and flashed up fault codes..they are as follows:
73..unsure if this is from earlier fault..have checked all plugs and leads..all sound/tight
22..this states "throttle sensor"..should I buy a new one ???
19..this is a new one today..crank sensor..again should I buy a new one??
assuming these are replaced will car drive as should ..or are these codes just telling me another problem exists..up until yesterday car drove/accelerated and ticked over like a 2.5 v6 elite should ..help please

Matchless

• Omega Knight
  • Nottingham
    • A white van
    • View Profile
Re: lots of lights
« Reply #1 on: 01 May 2007, 23:38:36 »

Need The Boy to comment but I think its likely to be the crank sensor.

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 May 2007, 09:13:00 »

Further assistance required please....driving home tonight car again felt lumpy and running uneven..as in speed restriction kept to 50mph but revs going from 2500-3000 and back again..when accelerated after road works eml came on again..slowed down and car eventually died..pulled over to hard shoulder to see if anthing falen off..all intact so tried to start car..thank heavens it did and off i went again albeit like a kangaroo..shortly after dash display flashed up "automatic gearbox" and then gearbox warning light on dash came on and stayed alight..again stopped ..looked and started up..managed to get home although car had vertually no acceleration and at 2500 revs barley doing 30 mph...got home and flashed up fault codes..they are as follows:
73..unsure if this is from earlier fault..have checked all plugs and leads..all sound/tight
22..this states "throttle sensor"..should I buy a new one ???
19..this is a new one today..crank sensor..again should I buy a new one??
assuming these are replaced will car drive as should ..or are these codes just telling me another problem exists..up until yesterday car drove/accelerated and ticked over like a 2.5 v6 elite should ..help please

If a *new* code 19 has popped up I think that sounds like a crank sensor that needs doing.  I dont know whether the other codes would follow as a result of this or not, need someone like TB to comment on that.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 May 2007, 09:33:30 »

Thats what I was going to do...buy a new crank sensor..fit it and go from there...assume that if sensor was playing up would account for erratic tickover even when engine warm and that may then be issue with revs going to gearbox...trying to think logically

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 May 2007, 09:37:27 »

I have read somewhere that if you have a problem with the crank sensor this can put the car into limp mode and the signal is also given to the gearbox ecu so both parts go into limp mode.

Ths could be complete twoddle as I read this a while back but i'm sure someone will be able to confirm.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 May 2007, 10:40:11 »

From symptoms that have occured this does sound like what has happened,so will do the sensor...typical Vauxhall Dealer..rang them this morning to ask if they have one in stock..no guv.!!there are two listed for car ..which one do you need ..9049-2006 at £88=13 and 9049-2061 at £64=04..both need to be ordered and his only advise was to take old one out first to see what the number was...why don,t they have the details when you can give them ..engine no/vin no/etc etc..so looks like need to crawl under car and remove ..any ideas if this is simple to see

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 May 2007, 11:22:49 »

Crank sensor is easy to see from under the car.  Get under the car and look up at where the oil filter is on the passenger side of the engine.  You will see a black right angled plug with wires coming out.  This is the crank sensor.  I think that it is held in position with a single bolt which is probably a torx.

If the sensor is failing, you were lucky to be able to start the car again - apparently, they normally die and it is a tow home.  Sort the crank sensor first and then reread the codes and see if the others that you mention appear.

There is an excellent how to guide on the crank sensor replacement by the way.

Hope this helps
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 May 2007, 11:24:16 »

1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

STMO123

« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2007, 11:28:32 »

Crank sensor is easy to see from under the car.  Get under the car and look up at where the oil filter is on the passenger side of the engine.  You will see a black right angled plug with wires coming out.  This is the crank sensor.  I think that it is held in position with a single bolt which is probably a torx.

If the sensor is failing, you were lucky to be able to start the car again - apparently, they normally die and it is a tow home.  Sort the crank sensor first and then reread the codes and see if the others that you mention appear.

There is an excellent how to guide on the crank sensor replacement by the way.

Hope this helps

Good advice :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2007, 11:33:09 »

Thanks for advise..and "how to "..is it the plug end that is the difference in the two part numbers or is it the actual sensor??it might be easier to identify from the plug end ??if that is easier to see as dont fancy taking out old one and then refitting it if it is knackered....really strang though car starts fine and is now driving ok as wife just used to go to s/market..better to send her out if it is going to stop as she will get RAC quicker

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2007, 11:55:43 »

Its the plug end thats different but the sensor is easier to get at
Retired

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2007, 12:10:03 »

Is the plug at the back of engine under scuttle panel?? are they just visible or does it need unplugging to see differences

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2007, 12:10:06 »

My sensor part number was readable from under the car - much easier than digging the wiring end out of the loom at the back of the engine...

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 May 2007, 12:14:07 »

Is the plug at the back of engine under scuttle panel?? are they just visible or does it need unplugging to see differences

Although ive never done one they are under the skuttle and I believe difficult to get at :(
Retired

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 May 2007, 12:19:34 »

If you can see the part number on the sensor, great.

If not, unplug and see whether it is a connector with rounded edges or square edges?

Or, jusat tell me what year it is?

The Administrator.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.