Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: lots of lights  (Read 2579 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Re: lots of lights
« Reply #15 on: 02 May 2007, 12:34:21 »

Car was registered 16/06/1998.....W0L0VBP69W1229357..hope that helps..if I know exact part can get next day delivery so up and running properly..although as stated before ..car is running ok so could this all be "red herring"..do these sensors play up and then die or just die

gofwb

• Pudsey Leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 May 2007, 13:11:50 »

Hi,

When i needed a crankshaft sensor i only had my Engine number and not the part number, in the EPC it does not list the engine numbers against the sensor, the nice Vauxhall parts man had a look at his old microfiche parts catalogue and it is listed there, so see if you Vauxhall dealer still has one, unfortunately I left the piece of paper with the cut off for the engine numbers in my last Omega when it was sold.

Frank.

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 May 2007, 13:42:23 »

Car was registered 16/06/1998.....W0L0VBP69W1229357..hope that helps..if I know exact part can get next day delivery so up and running properly..although as stated before ..car is running ok so could this all be "red herring"..do these sensors play up and then die or just die

Either failure mode is possible...     Mine played up with poor starting, showing a code 19, so I changed the sensor immediately on advice from here.  Result - starts as it should do and has done so ever since.  Others have experienced different forms of failure.

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 May 2007, 13:58:58 »

Either failure mode is possible...     Mine played up with poor starting, showing a code 19, so I changed the sensor immediately on advice from here.  Result - starts as it should do and has done so ever since.  Others have experienced different forms of failure.

When you say poor starting what do you mean?  Did the engine turn over for a long while prior to starting for example?  I am interested to know as mine does not always start "on the button" as I feel it should.
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 May 2007, 14:03:35 »

Hi x25xe....starts fine normally on first turn ..just that it ran really rough like plug lead off..when accelerated it died and eml came on and car stopped..it did restart fairly easily but then gearbox light etc came on...that would seem to be "limp "mode...but today is running ok..so as davised will get new crank sensor ordered and replace as code 19 advises that is fault..will keep you informed on progress

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 02 May 2007, 14:13:19 »

Good luck with getting the correct part.  I have a trade card.  I don't know what kind of a hurry you are in but I could get it for you and post it it on if you like - this will add time before you can effect a repair though.

Anyway, let's hope that it is just the crank sensor and normal service will be resumed!

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02 May 2007, 15:48:05 »

When you say poor starting what do you mean?  Did the engine turn over for a long while prior to starting for example?  I am interested to know as mine does not always start "on the button" as I feel it should.

>> Did the engine turn over for a long while prior to starting for example?

Yep!  For me, it ran fine once started, but was sometimes very reluctant to start.  Mostly OK if it was recently driven.  When it didnt want to start it would crank like there was no spark at the plugs, but sometimes it coughed and splutted as it cranked.  Eventually it would fire.  But, it always ran fine after starting and never died on me after a successful start.  Never saw the EML on when it shouldnt be.  All problems vanished after crank sensor changed - I was showing a code 19.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 May 2007, 18:12:08 »

Thanks x25xe..kind gesture which i really appreciate..have bitten the bullet and ordered one next day delivery from Vauxhall spares..anywaylets hope that with it replaced problems will be cured...just to be sure it was not a one off yesterday went to work in it this afternoon...wish I hadn,t...started fine and ran ok..pulled onto motorway and as accelerated it was like a kangaroo so eased of throttle and managed to get it to a steady 65mph about 2500 revs..this was fine until came off motorway about 40 miles later and at junction revs on idle were going betweeen 500//1500 so bit scarey on brake..when pulled away thought i had a lorry tied to rear end as acceleration was non existant..managed to limp back home when eml reappeared with gearbox warning ..paperclip test again revealled 19..so atleast it is consistant..suppose i was pushing my luck driving it anway..but seems really strange that with afault car will still drive...but for how much further..wont risk it in morning ..so day off and await postman

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 May 2007, 18:49:43 »

No worries mate.  From what you say it certainly sounds like the crank sensor.  I would not drive it until you get the new one fitted as you have indicated in you last post.  You can be sure that it will let you down if you do.

Good luck with changing it - just follow the guide and you will be fine.

Hopefully back on the road again very soon!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 May 2007, 19:16:41 »

Sorry for delay in responding.

A 19 code on a v6 does signify a duff crank sensor.  Whether or not it would account for poor running is a different story, but it needs changing anyway.

When mine failed, it cut the engine, and the car coasted to a stop. This happened 3 times before I gave up. 2 of those times, I also got a gearbox warning.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.