Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!  (Read 4694 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re: URGENT IMMEDIATE HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!
« Reply #30 on: 31 July 2014, 19:30:34 »

The SORN expired at the end of April please all take note that SORNS do not  "roll over" it is up to you to remember to SORN it every year. Another government "cash cow" me thinks the same as the up and coming changes in the tax disc rule in October  >:(
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 July 2014, 20:05:08 »

The SORN expired at the end of April please all take note that SORNS do not  "roll over" it is up to you to remember to SORN it every year. Another government "cash cow" me thinks the same as the up and coming changes in the tax disc rule in October  >:(

but apparently they do now  :-\

powerslinky

« Reply #32 on: 31 July 2014, 20:20:22 »

but apparently they do now :-\

with you on that one Andy  . .  . we all  read it on THEIR  "new" SORN form last night  . . .  did we not ?

This gets more crazy as it goes on . . .    so no reminders anymore  . .  but once sorned with the "new" form it stays Sorned

until you either tax it , no longer own  it or scrap it  :-\ :-\ :-\  is that right ? :-\ :-\ :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 31 July 2014, 20:33:00 »

with you on that one Andy  . .  . we all  read it on THEIR  "new" SORN form last night  . . .  did we not ?

This gets more crazy as it goes on . . .    so no reminders anymore  . .  but once sorned with the "new" form it stays Sorned

until you either tax it , no longer own  it or scrap it  :-\ :-\ :-\  is that right ? :-\ :-\ :-\

Just remembered ..... I SORNed my motorbike the other day, the confirmation email states

The SORN will be valid until you tax, sell, permanently export or scrap the vehicle.  ???

powerslinky

« Reply #34 on: 31 July 2014, 21:11:32 »

Just remembered ..... I SORNed my motorbike the other day, the confirmation email states

The SORN will be valid until you tax, sell, permanently export or scrap the vehicle.[/i]  ???

Andy, thats on the new form  V890 - 05 14   (from may 2014)

The older form  V890 - 09 12    up to may 14   only keeps the SORN valid for 12 months

So depends what version you down load  I suppose  :-\ :-\

I downloaded one  from DVLA site on 1st July & it was the 12 month one

got a SORN nightmare going on myself now  . .  see "General Car Chat" >:( >:( >:(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 31 July 2014, 21:36:29 »

The SORN will be valid until you tax, sell, permanently export or scrap the vehicle.[/i]  ???

Andy, thats on the new form  V890 - 05 14   (from may 2014)

The older form  V890 - 09 12    up to may 14   only keeps the SORN valid for 12 months

So depends what version you down load  I suppose  :-\ :-\

I downloaded one  from DVLA site on 1st July & it was the 12 month one

got a SORN nightmare going on myself now  . .  see "General Car Chat" >:( >:( >:(

I've seen it ...... that's now the problem a new owner has, he's dependant on the seller doing the paper work. I thought it worked better as it was before ie the buyer dealt with the paper work

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 31 July 2014, 22:13:47 »

Sorned mine online today, permanently or until the car is scrapped or relicenced, again confirmed by email :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01 August 2014, 00:09:45 »

I didn't get a reminder through in April when 12 months of SORN was up and like everybody else assumed you no longer had to SORN it every year, so I have just been on the DVLA website and it confirms it is SORNed?

Vehicle status: SORN in place
« Last Edit: 01 August 2014, 00:12:01 by Rods2 »
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

aaronjb

« Reply #38 on: 01 August 2014, 08:09:56 »

I didn't get a reminder through in April when 12 months of SORN was up and like everybody else assumed you no longer had to SORN it every year, so I have just been on the DVLA website and it confirms it is SORNed?

Vehicle status: SORN in place

Just checked the Jag that (as far as I can tell) I last SORNed in 2013 .. DVLA also say a SORN is in place and current.

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07 August 2014, 18:37:59 »

Any updates to this dispicable situation ?
Update, I submitted an appeal yesterday the basis of my defence is that as a car owner I was not formally informed in the change of normal protocol i.e. a reminder to sorn the car Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath  :-\

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 22 August 2014, 18:56:06 »

Got the result of my appeal today refused"  >:( To quote "The law is very tightly drawn and the Agency does not have the discretion to decide which cases are accidental and which were deliberate V11 reminder is only a courtesy service and and so the responsibility lies primarily with the keeper to ensure the car is taxed or sorned" I have examined the V11 form and and it does not state that this is a "courtesy" which can be withdrawn at any time without notice. So I think it's really unjust to decline my appeal on the grounds that the DVLA have stated, when you bare in mind that the sorn is now open ended with no need to re sorn. I do not intend to let this matter drop and will take it to The Ministry of transport if needed.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #41 on: 22 August 2014, 19:25:34 »

Sorry to hear the judgement, but I am afraid the law is quite clear on "ignorance being no defence".

If you don't take the appropriate action at the right time and within the DVLA laid down regulations then I'm afraid you will get penalised, as of course you have now been.

I would put it all down to experience.  Not a good one, but one that goes sometimes with motoring life. ;)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22 August 2014, 19:59:27 »

Got the result of my appeal today refused"  >:( To quote "The law is very tightly drawn and the Agency does not have the discretion to decide which cases are accidental and which were deliberate V11 reminder is only a courtesy service and and so the responsibility lies primarily with the keeper to ensure the car is taxed or sorned" I have examined the V11 form and and it does not state that this is a "courtesy" which can be withdrawn at any time without notice. So I think it's really unjust to decline my appeal on the grounds that the DVLA have stated, when you bare in mind that the sorn is now open ended with no need to re sorn. I do not intend to let this matter drop and will take it to The Ministry of transport if needed.

Sadly a recent promotion to one of these jobs is Ms Claire Perry, my MP, and going by a recent interview with her, don't hold your breath. :-X :-X :-X

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22 August 2014, 20:41:12 »

Sleep in it, they can't take it if your in it ;)

Lmao trust you Pete.

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22 August 2014, 20:42:45 »

Sorry to read you got kicked back mate.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.