Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HS 2 to be "reviewed "  (Read 19091 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: HS 2 to be "reviewed "
« Reply #15 on: 21 August 2019, 19:47:25 »

This is all like the joke.

A council meeting.

Item1 . New power station £100 million. Agreed

Item2  new bus shelter roof. £748 . Gosh that seems a lot. Our Gary had a new roof on his shed done by Dave. That was bigger and only cost £500. Go out to tender again and get a lower figure.
Your Gary's roof is leaking already ,but it's OK ,It was a cash job, I changed my mobile number  ;D
off to build a power station now  :D

That is fine and good news. The minutes taker thought it was £100 million as that is a large number but it was a typo and should have been £100 billion.. when can you start?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 August 2019, 20:06:54 »

This is all like the joke.

A council meeting.

Item1 . New power station £100 million. Agreed

Item2  new bus shelter roof. £748 . Gosh that seems a lot. Our Gary had a new roof on his shed done by Dave. That was bigger and only cost £500. Go out to tender again and get a lower figure.
Your Gary's roof is leaking already ,but it's OK ,It was a cash job, I changed my mobile number  ;D
off to build a power station now  :D

That is fine and good news. The minutes taker thought it was £100 million as that is a large number but it was a typo and should have been £100 billion.. when can you start?
I'll need a 10 million cash deposit
for materials and to renew my passport

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 August 2019, 21:05:50 »

More good news.

As one of the 3000 project managers, I have £10 million in contingency fund . I have shown it as equipment.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 August 2019, 21:26:07 »

More good news.

As one of the 3000 project managers, I have £10 million in contingency fund . I have shown it as equipment.
no need , I have my own shovel and pick axe
I can charge a flat fee of 10k per week for hire, wear n tear etc
we can waste that contingency elsewhere  :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 August 2019, 21:37:37 »

More good news.

Presumably the equipment is 'stored' at a secure location, with expensive security guards and dogs?? That it's your brother's allotment where he keeps a demented Jack Russell is something we'll keep to ourselves. And the bank manager, obviously ;D

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 August 2019, 21:53:41 »

More good news.

Presumably the equipment is 'stored' at a secure location, with expensive security guards and dogs?? That it's your brother's allotment where he keeps a demented Jack Russell is something we'll keep to ourselves. And the bank manager, obviously ;D
:-\
Too expensive. I marked it as a write down this afternoon and overnight that will automatically start become a write off.  Old equipment - stuff doesn't last forever.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 August 2019, 17:03:04 »

The yocal farmers around here ain't happy, as a lot of the compounds have been started on their fields, just before harvest time, destroying the harvest.  And they haven't seen any money from HS2 Ltd yet for temporary use of the land (a few years).

Still, at least its consistent, as many of those getting compulsory purchase orders are yet to be paid, and are being offered way below market value.  Which means many are going to court, which will be more expense and more delays.

Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 August 2019, 02:27:59 »

Taxpayer money tree, so why spare any expense?

[digression]
Glacial speed is another reason when the government & railways are involved, the West Heathrow loop was proposed in 2012 connecting Reading & Slough to Terminal 5 with a 3.4mile link which would be operational by 2020, this has slipped to 2024, if we are lucky!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Rail_Approach_to_Heathrow

Don't ask if & when the Heathrow Southern Railway link will be built where it was proposed in 2017 with a tentative operational date of 2025-27 for it's mighty 8 miles of new track.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heathrow_Southern_Railway

I fully support both of these privately financed lines that IMO should have been build years a go, where trying to get to Heathrow as our premier UK airport from the West/South West using public transport has always been a joke & at long last we will have decent connections.
[/digression]

So with HS2 you have all this money wasting jobs for Civil Servants, who can put in on average 10 minutes in the morning between first & seconds tea breaks & then after a leisurely 1-2 hour lunch they can do another 10 minutes between tea breaks three & four, before leaving on the dot from all this exhausting hard work. :D :D :D

Another major escalation on costs is climate fraud where it need to be 'carbon neutral' & lined with thousands of noisy bird slaughterers so at the bottom of the next carbon cycle we drop below 120ppm & all C3 plants and almost all animal life dies, swell. Hard-left tree huggers are happy to destroy life on earth to get rid of their hated capitalist Western civilization & most animal life as collateral damage is acceptable. They have never forgiven us for defeating their Marxist ideology in 1991 with the fall of the Soviet Union & China seeing their only survival path for their Communism was by bolting capitalism on to the side of it. Climate fraud where I have been digging on the history of this was started in the 1990's but a group of UN Canadian environmentalists where the West is based on abundant, cheap, reliable, energy. A clever new front by the hard-left to prove they had lost a Marxist battle but by no means lost their subversive war.

The rich play holier-than-though by offsetting their carbon footprint while the many plebs pick up the real costs like HS2 cost escalation, expensive, rare, unreliable energy & the steady deindustrialization of the West where India & China are happy with their 550 coal fired power stations under construction to become the industrial powerhouses of the 21st century as we descend to 3rd world status industrially & culturally.

Spending on bad 'white elephant' projects that will never come near to paying for themselves, just weakens a country & it should IMO be scrapped.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 August 2019, 09:56:58 »

If/as/when the HS2 gets up and running how much time will it save on the journey time? Will any/all of these time savings be made by stopping at fewer stations than at present? Personally I think it should be binned and more research/effort put into developing the "next step" whatever that may be rather than trying to make Victorian technology go faster.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2019, 10:20:18 »

Another major escalation on costs is climate fraud where it need to be 'carbon neutral' & lined with thousands of noisy bird slaughterers so at the bottom of the next carbon cycle we drop below 120ppm & all C3 plants and almost all animal life dies, swell. Hard-left tree huggers are happy to destroy life on earth to get rid of their hated capitalist Western civilization & most animal life as collateral damage is acceptable.

It's OK Rods, they're solving this little problem in Brazil by burning down the Amazon and the Russians have been doing their bit in Siberia as well!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 August 2019, 10:33:15 »

Another major escalation on costs is climate fraud where it need to be 'carbon neutral' & lined with thousands of noisy bird slaughterers so at the bottom of the next carbon cycle we drop below 120ppm & all C3 plants and almost all animal life dies, swell. Hard-left tree huggers are happy to destroy life on earth to get rid of their hated capitalist Western civilization & most animal life as collateral damage is acceptable.

It's OK Rods, they're solving this little problem in Brazil by burning down the Amazon and the Russians have been doing their bit in Siberia as well!  :y

Start a new thread! A lot of people will be thinking these wildfires are started accidentally . Most are not. In the amazon it is all about creating new farming areas.

The amazon creates only 20% of the earths oxygen.At what point would other countries intervene if a country is impoverishing the world e.g. oxygen.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 August 2019, 23:31:57 »

The amazon creates only 20% of the earths oxygen.At what point would other countries intervene if a country is impoverishing the world e.g. oxygen.

The Amazon rainforest does NOT produce 20 per cent of the world’s oxygen
From a 2014 New York Times article by Nadine Unger, Assistant Professor of Atmospheric Chemistry at Yale:
Moreover, it is a myth that photosynthesis controls the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. Even if all photosynthesis on the planet were shut down, the atmosphere’s oxygen content would change by less than 1 percent. The Amazon rain forest is often perceived as the lungs of the planet. In fact, almost all the oxygen the Amazon produces during the day remains there and is reabsorbed by the forest at night. In other words, the Amazon rain forest is a closed system that uses all its own oxygen and carbon dioxide.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/08/26/delingpole-amazon-fires-big-fat-nothingburger-fakenews-scare-story/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 August 2019, 23:51:04 »

From a 2014 New York Times article by Nadine Unger, Assistant Professor of Atmospheric Chemistry at Yale:
Moreover, it is a myth that photosynthesis controls the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere. Even if all photosynthesis on the planet were shut down, the atmosphere’s oxygen content would change by less than 1 percent. The Amazon rain forest is often perceived as the lungs of the planet. In fact, almost all the oxygen the Amazon produces during the day remains there and is reabsorbed by the forest at night. In other words, the Amazon rain forest is a closed system that uses all its own oxygen and carbon dioxide.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/08/26/delingpole-amazon-fires-big-fat-nothingburger-fakenews-scare-story/

Funnily enough, for some time now I have been reading about the earths oxygen.

A half comes from stuff in the sea like plankton.

The other half comes from plantlife.  Accepted that the Amazon basin is huge but if the 20% is right then the other 30% that comes from land based plantlife is from the rest of the earth. I would agree with you . It may well be 10% or less.

Good to so G6 coughing up 10 million each to help that awful Bolsinara in putting the fires out. Fire planes plus his alleged 45,000 troops should help. What plant and animal species are we losing through destroying Amazon rainforests?

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 August 2019, 00:04:34 »

Funnily enough, for some time now I have been reading about the earths oxygen.

A half comes from stuff in the sea like plankton.

The other half comes from plantlife.  Accepted that the Amazon basin is huge but if the 20% is right then the other 30% that comes from land based plantlife is from the rest of the earth. I would agree with you . It may well be 10% or less.

Good to so G6 coughing up 10 million each to help that awful Bolsinara in putting the fires out. Fire planes plus his alleged 45,000 troops should help. What plant and animal species are we losing through destroying Amazon rainforests?

Nothing to do with Bolsinara. Fires in the Amazon have been going on for ages, and 2019 is NOT a record year. Slash and burn is not good at all, but where were all those complaining prior to Bolsinara's election? Hmmm

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/23/amazon-fire-history-since-2003/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 August 2019, 10:55:03 »

Ooh, a cynic...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.