Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I think my life’s just got busier...  (Read 7888 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: I think my life’s just got busier...
« Reply #30 on: 22 February 2019, 22:14:58 »

This was mine:

https://imgur.com/gallery/AMWDCEz

Took it around Europe, cracking car. If 3.2 expired I would consider one if I could find one!

Webby, you must source a 24v one. Most will be rotten, so either learn how to weld or know someone who does.

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 23 February 2019, 09:30:22 »

The 12 valve Senators had a duplex chain turning the camshafts and were said to be very reliable. The 24 valvers had a single chain which could fail, though none of mine did. I had many 24 valve ex-police manual Senators, loved them all, drove them all over Europe. One blew a head gasket in Germany, but I managed to limp it home.
The distributor located near the front honeycomb grille made it prone to to starting trouble if left outside in the rain. The Omega is much better in this respect. They were very fast, I suspect faster than the V6 Omegas which I took abroad as well.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 February 2019, 12:30:27 »

I have a bonnet for one too, but haven’t looked at it for 10 years so don’t know what it’s like. Bit like  Schrödinger's cat really. :)

Being 'fick' I had to Google this.

Interesting if brain-bending stuff. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 February 2019, 19:22:57 »

This was mine:

https://imgur.com/gallery/AMWDCEz

Took it around Europe, cracking car. If 3.2 expired I would consider one if I could find one!

Webby, you must source a 24v one. Most will be rotten, so either learn how to weld or know someone who does.
Like all Vauxhalls (and Fords) of a certain age, you couldn't treat it like you do your 3.2, as you'll be sweeping most of it off your driveway every week.

They are old cars now, and need to be treated like a classic car - garaged, cleaned (properly, not just a jet wash on the top every few months), and loved.

When they were launched, I really wanted one, but couldn't afford one. I test drove one (because I had a mate at the dealer), and thought it was epic.  I drove yours, and that's when the reality of the amount of progress there had been in the intervening years.
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 February 2019, 19:36:36 »

Like all Vauxhalls (and Fords) of a certain age, you couldn't treat it like you do your 3.2, as you'll be sweeping most of it off your driveway every week.

They are old cars now, and need to be treated like a classic car - garaged, cleaned (properly, not just a jet wash on the top every few months), and loved.

No, that's the way to treat a car as a project, because you will always have something to fix/weld up/dry out/replace etc. And you'll never do any of those when all you use it for is a run out for Sunday lunch.

The best way of owning a classic car is to use it. A lot. Everyday is best, because then you won't put up with an reliability issues. But to do this, you need to obtain one that isn't too rotten, properly fix what is, and then work your way through the mechanical issues. Senators and their like are new enough that they drive enough like a recent car that you can live with their few deficiencies(which tend to be things like poorer heaters, lack of demisting screens etc).

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 February 2019, 19:44:48 »

I agree with the regular use :).  But it still needs to be coveted, to stop it blowing away in the breeze.
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 February 2019, 21:58:51 »

I have a bonnet for one too, but haven’t looked at it for 10 years so don’t know what it’s like. Bit like  Schrödinger's cat really. :)

Being 'fick' I had to Google this.

Interesting if brain-bending stuff. :)
oh yes, not that I’m a professor or anything, but I’ve read that book twice, and learned a lot,  but to appreciate it fully I’m afraid it needs a fair bit more than I’ve got in my head :D
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 23 February 2019, 22:07:23 »

I’m no professor but I learned a lot from that book I read it twice, but I’m afraid there’s not enough power in my head to appreciate it fully. There is another book published after that one called  Schrödinger's kittens..... I give up on that one :-[
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 February 2019, 08:51:16 »

As I've said before here, anybody how thinks they are beginning to grasp quantum physics, simply hasn't understood quantum physics.

For some completely bizarre reason, I seemed to have developed a strange interest in it, much to the annoyance of Mrs TB, as when any OU or Horizon comes on about it, I have to watch it, because I really want to understand it, but know I never will.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 24 February 2019, 10:16:49 »

I don't use rinse aid or salt and my diswasher has never had a cleaner run through it. Decided to have a look in the filter the other day....spotless! I put it down to the fact that I rinse all the heavy crap off the dishes under the tap before I put them in.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 February 2019, 10:24:17 »

I don't use rinse aid or salt and my diswasher has never had a cleaner run through it. Decided to have a look in the filter the other day....spotless! I put it down to the fact that I rinse all the heavy crap off the dishes under the tap before I put them in.

You seem very domesticated. ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 February 2019, 10:42:45 »

I do use salt (hard water area) and rinse aid (else it dulls the glasses), and don't rinse anything first.  Nor do I rinse car parts first.

It does get the occasional cleaner through it, when Costco are flogging 'em cheap.  Also, the most used programme is the most powerful, least efficient. None of this >3hr eco tosh.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 24 February 2019, 10:52:03 »

I do use salt (hard water area) and rinse aid (else it dulls the glasses), and don't rinse anything first.  Nor do I rinse car parts first.

It does get the occasional cleaner through it, when Costco are flogging 'em cheap.  Also, the most used programme is the most powerful, least efficient. None of this >3hr eco tosh.
Yes. The eco cycle on the dishwasher is about 3hrs 10 mins, and on the washing machine is nearly 4 hours. Life's too short  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 24 February 2019, 17:57:45 »

Yes. The eco cycle on the dishwasher is about 3hrs 10 mins, and on the washing machine is nearly 4 hours. Life's too short  ;D
That machine is just too difficult for me, so I leave it alone.  I'm just the stupid kid from the local comprehensive, remember.
Grumpy old man

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 February 2019, 20:36:29 »

ive had 3 senni in my time a 3 litre 12v manual a 2.5 auto and a 24v auto love them to bits go on do it. :)
coupe rebuild master
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.