Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG  (Read 458 times)

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
LPG
« on: 25 August 2009, 19:49:08 »

Hi guys was just wondering if anyone knows of a reputable place to have my car 2.2CD auto converted to run on LPG. I'm doing a fair few miles at the moment and its slowly starting to creep up is the price of that there juice.

PM me if names aren't allowed on open forum.

Would also like some advice on types of systems if any members have had it done themselves.

Thanks Dave
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: LPG
« Reply #1 on: 25 August 2009, 20:16:33 »

quite a few members here run the Stagg system, the 4 pot is very easy to work on, i would strongly suggest DIY + help from members here.

Experience from garages LPG installs are not great! Often very poorly done, there are good ones out there but will cost.

You want to get a direct injection method rather than mixer

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 August 2009, 21:28:03 »

quite a few members here run the Stagg system, the 4 pot is very easy to work on, i would strongly suggest DIY + help from members here.

Experience from garages LPG installs are not great! Often very poorly done, there are good ones out there but will cost.

You want to get a direct injection method rather than mixer

As above... DIY with assistance as suggested because there are some really poor professional conversions ::) ::) ::)

You need a sequential kit and if you want the Stag one, which is proven to work, I have the details :y :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2009, 22:15:24 »

t'other side of the coin ....  :)

I had mine converted professionally , BRC Sequent system, cost £1850 + VAT (just under £2200) .. and that was 16 months ago.

It took me a long while - 5 months - to find someone whose work I trusted - and I am extremely happy with the install and after sales.

Several forum members who know about these things have seen the conversion and commented on the professionalism of the work. There are some photos somewhere on the site but I can't find them now !!

It was expensive, but as I hope to keep the car for ten years I considered it an investment.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2009, 22:16:25 by entwood »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2009, 01:00:56 »

t'other side of the coin ....  :)

cost £1850 + VAT (just under £2200)

I am extremely happy with the install and after sales.

Several forum members who know about these things have seen the conversion and commented on the professionalism of the work.

It was expensive, but as I hope to keep the car for ten years I considered it an investment.

The ONLY thing that matters here Nige, is that you are happy with what you paid for  :)

Knowing how to install LPG myself, I have seen some conversions that have appalled me - however, having seen yours in the flesh, it really is a proper job - and if anyone didn't fancy DIY, I woudln't hesitate to recommend your chap....

I have also met him personally, when he sold me a few bits for one of my conversions...  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.