Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Injector valve voltage Low/High  (Read 395 times)

Arson

• I am the batteries that are not included.
    • View Profile
Injector valve voltage Low/High
« on: 12 May 2010, 13:34:43 »

Hi!

I had the feeling my engine is not running at full power so I did the paperclip test and got error codes P0201, P0202 ,P0203, P0204 and P1690. I understood that i could ignore the P1690 but I'm a bit worried about the injectors. Note that the engine has been refittet to run on LPG-G3. Should i be worried or can I just ignore them?

Welung666

Re: Injector valve voltage Low/High
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2010, 14:13:26 »

Check the plugs to all 4 injectors, are they clean? dry? and fully pushed home until they click?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2010, 14:47:31 »

It sounds to me like the LPG system is not loading the petrol injector signals enough when running on LPG - hence the ECU thinks they are open circuit. Too much of a coincidence for all 4 to be complaining otherwise.

I suspect it's probably always been like this. Does it run any better on petrol? Do the codes clear and stay clear if the car is only run on petrol?

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Arson

• I am the batteries that are not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2010, 20:16:09 »

It sounds to me like the LPG system is not loading the petrol injector signals enough when running on LPG - hence the ECU thinks they are open circuit. Too much of a coincidence for all 4 to be complaining otherwise.

I suspect it's probably always been like this. Does it run any better on petrol? Do the codes clear and stay clear if the car is only run on petrol?

Kevin

My thoughts exactly. I'll try resetting the ECU an just running on petrol. The thing is though, when I rev the engine up to about 4k RPM's It will sometimes give you a lot more power, instantly, like something switches on all of a sudden. Therefore i thought this had something to do with it. It might just be my imagination. i've only driven the car for a couple of days now so i don't really know what's 'normal'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.