Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climate control reset  (Read 991 times)

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
Climate control reset
« on: 21 May 2017, 14:38:40 »

My Climate control blower fan has always come on the same time I switch the ignition on without starting the car. Is this normal?

I cleaned the temp sensor today with compressed air through the slots above the radio and now the blower for the climate control only comes on after the engine starts.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: Climate control reset
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2017, 15:25:55 »

My Climate control blower fan has always come on the same time I switch the ignition on without starting the car. Is this normal?

I cleaned the temp sensor today with compressed air through the slots above the radio and now the blower for the climate control only comes on after the engine starts.

On my 2.2 it was normal for first sentence if set to manual, normal for second sentence if set to auto iirc

Andy A

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol UK
    • Omega 2.2i CD manual 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2017, 17:28:39 »

On my 2.2 it was normal for first sentence if set to manual, normal
for second sentence if set to auto iirc

The blower has always been on, on auto.The opposite to yours. Until I sprayed compressed air into the slots and reset auto/off. Wonder what's wrong with mine? Or is it working correct now?
« Last Edit: 21 May 2017, 17:33:07 by Andy A »

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2017, 17:46:18 »

On my 2.2 it was normal for first sentence if set to manual, normal
for second sentence if set to auto iirc

The blower has always been on, on auto.The opposite to yours. Until I sprayed compressed air into the slots and reset auto/off. Wonder what's wrong with mine? Or is it working correct now?

If its set to auto, then the blower will always be on, however on a low speed, so probably you wont notice it.
It runs slow until either the car water temp is getting warm and then starts increasing its speed to warm the cabin up if the outside temp is cold....or if the car is hot interior the the fan will increase when the air con is kicking out cold air, to cool the car down

The only time the fan starts at whatever speed you have set, is when its in manual.

So I suggest the fan is working correctly now.....if it was in auto before you cleaned the temp sensor.....I don't know what was going on  :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.