Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BBA -reman  (Read 2755 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: BBA -reman
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2010, 21:32:42 »

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing (sarcasm)  :D :D :D

Anyway, BBA did the trick for me and I'd certainly recommend them :y :y :y

Incidently, that was how I came across OOF as my local garage were clueless about the TC/ABS/Speedo problem, so lots of googling Omega electrical problems later and here I was!!  8-) 8-) 8-)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 May 2010, 21:34:47 »

Symptoms are the same as I have read in other posts. ABS and TC lights come on, and speedo stops working. Also partial loss of PAS. These are intermittent, not always on start up, but does happen on every journey at some point. Sometimes it corrects itself, but mostly not. I haven't tried the sensors yet but intend to in the next day or so, just in case! I'll have to find them first though! Sorry, what is EBD?
I've just sorted the exact same problem on my Elite. I replaced the ABS ECU with a second hand unit from Loo Knee. I didn't touch any sensors or relays ;)
Retired

Welung666

« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2010, 21:38:10 »

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing (sarcasm)  :D :D :D

Anyway, BBA did the trick for me and I'd certainly recommend them :y :y :y

Incidently, that was how I came across OOF as my local garage were clueless about the TC/ABS/Speedo problem, so lots of googling Omega electrical problems later and here I was!!  8-) 8-) 8-)

Google has a lot to answer for  :D ;) ;D ;D :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 May 2010, 22:14:41 »

Symptoms are the same as I have read in other posts. ABS and TC lights come on, and speedo stops working. Also partial loss of PAS. These are intermittent, not always on start up, but does happen on every journey at some point. Sometimes it corrects itself, but mostly not. I haven't tried the sensors yet but intend to in the next day or so, just in case! I'll have to find them first though! Sorry, what is EBD?
I've just sorted the exact same problem on my Elite. I replaced the ABS ECU with a second hand unit from Loo Knee. I didn't touch any sensors or relays ;)
Did you get an exact match for your own pump, or did it require tech 2 assistance?

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2010, 12:33:10 »

Did you get an exact match for your own pump, or did it require tech 2 assistance?
Its going to need Tech 2ing but I was planning on that anyway. I'm lucky that Mr Calibration doesn't live too far away ;)
Retired

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2010, 13:12:37 »

The presence of an empty space with several disconnected brake pipes suggested to me that it would be off the road............. Was I wrong?? :o :o :o

You only need to remove the ECU (electronics module) from the side of the ABS valve module so the hydraulic system can remain undisturbed.

I have to say, the symptoms are classic ECU failure, which is common on the Omega.

the Bosch 5.3 ABS in Omega B is no different to other ABS 5.3 in other vehicles - it has to be the best-selling ABS by some margin. According to my man at Bosh, there are only software differences.

Begs the question of what is killing them in the Omega setup, because they are certainly prone to failure in this application. :-/

Kevin

Who knows.....is it a different package I wonder?

Or are they failing in other applications?

Here is a pic of the failure:

In fact, having just had a very quick look at the BBA Remn site, the Bosch 5.3 suffers the same fault across all apps includng, BMW's, Saabs, Passats the lot
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.