Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting Issue  (Read 2009 times)

cdx25

• Plymouth, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Starting Issue
« Reply #15 on: 19 April 2007, 20:55:02 »

And checking my codes again, a code 19 has popped up for me.... new crank sensor needed by the look of it.  Dont want to find I beat TB's '700 miles from home' score when it fails  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 April 2007, 21:08:55 »

And checking my codes again, a code 19 has popped up for me.... new crank sensor needed by the look of it.  Dont want to find I beat TB's '700 miles from home' score when it fails  ;)
LOL, when it happens to you, and it will if you don't change it, you will always carry a spare in the car at all times ;D
Grumpy old man

ziadalmahmoud

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 April 2007, 08:09:08 »

Latest update..
Baught me a crank sensor and went to work (thats were i kept my car parked). Wanted to try starting the car before i proceed with the installation. When switching on the starter, a weird noise came up as if the starter motor is turning with no load at fast speed vzzzzzz... At that stage i thought a newbie better not touch that car. so i towed the car to the mechanic. =(
Im afraid the starter got damaged from the cranking (although i made sure to keep some 30 secs between each cranking to allow the starter to cool down).
Any thoughts?

Will keep ya posted with what happens next.

ziadalmahmoud

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 April 2007, 19:32:41 »

Car electrical system was checked with no problems found.
Mechanical checks revealed that injectors were passing.  :(
Dealer say that he has no injectors available in stock and to air frieght them would cost around $150 each (multiply by 6) and would take 7 days!!  :'(
Local garage sourced out a used set. costed me some $150 for full set with limited guarantee on them. labour charges some $80. Is that considered alot?
Car now starting with no probs. Engine noise reduced, idle RPM increased slightly, and car seems to have better response to accelerator :)

Looks like injectors were not holding the pressure especially when car is kept switched off for some time. All fuel pressure would be released through the passing injectors and choke the engine hence not allow it to start.
Just weird how all injectors failed together. could it be fuel additives wearing out the injector internal components?
Heard there is a way for repairing them, anyone aware of that?

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 22 April 2007, 22:13:36 »

Could be dirt keeping them slightly open - it may be worth getting the original set cleaned and tested.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.