Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise at 105Km/Hr  (Read 741 times)

ziadalmahmoud

• View Profile
Noise at 105Km/Hr
« on: 07 May 2007, 04:42:42 »

While driving to work today, i noticed that once i reached speed 100-110km/hr a continuous noise appeared (sound is like a truck is driving next to me, vvvvvv..v... not very loud though). Noise disappeared at 120km/hr.. No vibration or anything.. just noise.
Thinking to see where the problem might be.. i speeded up till 130 and removed my foot from the pedal.. while car was slowing down noise appeared again at 100-110 (from this i assume that noise isnt from engine since it seems to be dependent on vehicle speed and not engine RPM).
Furthermore.. i speeded up again till 130 and then put the Gear from D to N. As the car slowed down to 100-110, again the noise appeared (from this i assumed that noise isnt from the gear).

Are my assumptions right? what should i be looking for?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Noise at 105Km/Hr
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2007, 09:40:43 »

Hmm, not sure....   ...are you able to pinpoint where from? Diff? Autobox? Wheel bearings?  :-/
Grumpy old man

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2007, 10:09:49 »

As you have ruled out engine and gearbox(thankfully) there is only suspension/brakes/roadwheels left really. I would get ALL FOUR wheels balanced as a first move. If the rear ones are badly out of balance, it can have some very weird effects.

ziadalmahmoud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2007, 10:29:02 »

i tried pinpointing where the sound is coming from. The thing is that its not very loud. Plus at that speed with the windows closed it hard to tell, its like sound is coming from everywhere. tried opening the windows thinking it would help, wind sound was mixing with that noise making it even harder to tell.
Autobox oil and filter changed last month.

Will try again on my way back home. Any techniques i should try while driving to narrow down the possibilities?
« Last Edit: 07 May 2007, 10:31:44 by ziadalmahmoud »

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2007, 11:20:34 »

My thought is that it could be tyre-related... when did it start? have you clanged the tyres lately? what tyres do you have. e.g. brand, mode, size? have you checked them for nails/stones/ deformation (also on the inside wall)? That's the direction I am thinking....
Alas, no more Omegas....

mv6copcar

• Intermediate Member
  • Essex, Halstead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2007, 12:55:52 »

i had the same problem about 5weeks ago,same sort of speed too.
look on the front bumper,it has fixing points to the sides,(below wings) under the grill, and also under the rad. the mountings that fix the bumper to the cross member,(under the Rad) are rubbish, all 3 of mine had fallen out,therfor causing a vvvmmmm sound at 105k' ish.
just have a peek under the front, even though the bumper will look normal.if these little mountings aren't there,it'll vibrate due to wind speed.phew!

HTH

carl  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.