Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Driving along and.....  (Read 4075 times)

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
Re: Driving along and.....
« Reply #45 on: 01 April 2008, 16:19:26 »

i should have another sparky coming tomorrow , all things being equal and the wind blowing in the right direction

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 April 2008, 16:56:13 »

Thanks to all who offered advice and pointers.
In the end it was a short on the heated seat  :y
Thanks again
Darren

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 03 April 2008, 15:13:44 »

would the tech 2 not pick up the blown fuse

No. I wouldn't say the Tech 2 would be as much use as a multimeter in this instance. If a fuse keeps blowing the reason needs to be identified first, and only once that's fixed should any further diagnosis be carried out, if necessary.

As I said, I believe the reason for the battery light on, is that the supply to the dash has failed, and this is confirmed by the fact that the fuse has blown.

The garage were wrong to charge you for a Tech 2 session, IMHO, because that was never going to help them find a short circuit.

Kevin
the wife mentioned your thoughts Kevin to the garage and they said its procedure to check for a short with tech 2 . The wife shouldn't have said anything really until i found out more about tech 2 and its uses , but that's blonde's for you :D :D :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 03 April 2008, 16:50:40 »

No. I wouldn't say the Tech 2 would be as much use as a multimeter in this instance. If a fuse keeps blowing the reason needs to be identified first, and only once that's fixed should any further diagnosis be carried out, if necessary.

As I said, I believe the reason for the battery light on, is that the supply to the dash has failed, and this is confirmed by the fact that the fuse has blown.

The garage were wrong to charge you for a Tech 2 session, IMHO, because that was never going to help them find a short circuit.

Kevin
the wife mentioned your thoughts Kevin to the garage and they said its procedure to check for a short with tech 2 . The wife shouldn't have said anything really until i found out more about tech 2 and its uses , but that's blonde's for you :D :D :D

;D

I'm not fully conversant with the Tech 2's capabilities. TheBoy / Mark'sDTM could shed more light, but I'd say a code reader would be about as much use as a choccy teapot for finding shorts. :-/

Well, glad it was sorted out in the end.  :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 03 April 2008, 16:52:57 »

Kevin

;D

I'm not fully conversant with the Tech 2's capabilities. TheBoy / Mark'sDTM could shed more light, but I'd say a code reader would be about as much use as a choccy teapot for finding shorts. :-/

Well, glad it was sorted out in the end.  :y

Kevin

And you would be correct..........and TIS guides you through resistance and voltage measurements as a diag procedure for such things as well.

So they are a bunch of bloody muppets!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.