Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Would it be a good idea to start a...........  (Read 4834 times)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
Re: Would it be a good idea to start a...........
« Reply #30 on: 16 October 2013, 14:01:55 »

At 57mph. :)

he'd have only managed that on the down hill section through stokenchurch/christmas common hill/cutting. 

no Jaime,   i would not have been chasing you.......   i'd have been the bloody great Landy110 in front of you towing you upside-down as a surface test.  :D

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 October 2013, 19:14:51 »

he'd have only managed that on the down hill section through stokenchurch/christmas common hill/cutting.  

no Jaime,   i would not have been chasing you.......   i'd have been the bloody great Landy110 in front of you towing you upside-down as a surface test.  :D
Otherwise known as Chickenshit Canyon.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 October 2013, 19:24:32 »

I still regularly take that A40 Stokenchurch to Postcombe section on return journeys up the M40. Very childish of me but I've been doing it now for 22 years so I don't suppose i'll ever change!!  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 October 2013, 19:27:11 »

I still regularly take that A40 Stokenchurch to Postcombe section on return journeys up the M40. Very childish of me but I've been doing it now for 22 years so I don't suppose i'll ever change!!  ;D
That bit of A40 is now full of the 30mph crew going uphill. Years ago, it used to be immense fun :y
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 October 2013, 19:46:22 »

That bit of A40 is now full of the 30mph crew going uphill. Years ago, it used to be immense fun :y
Remember getting a Vectra B badly out of shape going down and round that corner where the little factory unit is - It's a rather deceptive corner, especially with the amount of leaves that settle on the road in autumn.  :-X

05omegav6

« Reply #35 on: 16 October 2013, 19:58:59 »

Don't mind the M40... but keep getting caught out northbound where it drops down the cliff face ::)

Have inadvertently managed 110kmh down that section, with the cruise control set to 90  :-X

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #36 on: 17 October 2013, 16:52:09 »

the real fun is in north wales.... Rhuallt hill ,  on the A55 ,  used to regularly see knobheads come off the last corner on the bottom  in winter....   
If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 October 2013, 19:43:28 »

Mr Opti fits none of those commonal garden types of tyres being discussed on here.............................................

His are gold, pure 100% 22 carat solid gold.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

He has got a few unsprung weight problems and questions though.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 October 2013, 19:45:46 »

the real fun is in north wales.... Rhuallt hill ,  on the A55 ,  used to regularly see knobheads come off the last corner on the bottom  in winter....
Yep, although the burger van in the layby is probably a good source of distraction!!

omega3000

« Reply #39 on: 17 October 2013, 19:46:37 »

Remember getting a Vectra B badly out of shape going down and round that corner where the little factory unit is - It's a rather deceptive corner, especially with the amount of leaves that settle on the road in autumn.  :-X

Not possible  :P

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 October 2013, 19:49:41 »

The options were 'plough straight on' in true FWD form or find some grip.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 October 2013, 19:51:22 »

You haven't tried hard enough ;D (that said, not done that road in a Veccy-B)

Actually, on that stretch, you don't need to try very hard.
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #42 on: 17 October 2013, 19:54:36 »

Never had that problem  :-\ Handbrake is a nice backup in emergency as long as you remember to use it in the split second :D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.