Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: door locks won't open HELP!!  (Read 762 times)

61omegacott

• East Yorks
    • View Profile
door locks won't open HELP!!
« on: 30 March 2009, 16:48:10 »

tried to open the car door with the remote but no luck.  Tried to open with the key and again no luck. Tried both keys. Car last used 4 days ago and no problems. Where should I start? v6 2.5 petrol elite yr 2000.

dpanic88

• West Midlands
    • View Profile
Re: door locks won't open HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2009, 16:53:55 »

tried to open the car door with the remote but no luck.  Tried to open with the key and again no luck. Tried both keys. Car last used 4 days ago and no problems. Where should I start? v6 2.5 petrol elite yr (cant decide if I mean year or your) 2000.

hi, can you open the tail gate and climb in and try from inside? - is the battery good?

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2009, 16:58:09 »

tried to open the car door with the remote but no luck.  Tried to open with the key and again no luck. Tried both keys. Car last used 4 days ago and no problems. Where should I start? v6 2.5 petrol elite yr (cant decide if I mean year or your) (cant decide if I mean year or your) 2000.

You have to turn it sometimes very hard clockwise to manually open the door.  Also the button may not rise, but in fact the door is open. ;)

My guess is your battery has drained (tailgate left open?) and that is the cause. ;)
« Last Edit: 30 March 2009, 17:01:04 by Lizzie_Zoom »

61omegacott

• East Yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2009, 17:20:16 »

many thanks am now on the way. My good lady managed to open the door obviously it needed a woman's touch. Checked the battery and it is only reading 5.2v so some how it has discharged.  Can't see any obvious reason and the battery is only 3 months old.

largecol

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesbrough
  • I cant see my socks!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2009, 17:39:10 »

It must be all in the wrist!! ;D ;D ;D
Pssssst! The man in my avatar aint really me!!

Welung666

« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2009, 17:44:14 »

many thanks am now on the way. My good lady managed to open the door obviously it needed a woman's touch. Checked the battery and it is only reading 5.2v so some how it has discharged.  Can't see any obvious reason and the battery is only 3 months old.

Make sure the light goes out in the boot when the lid is down, thats a favourite for draining a battery. If it's not that get your alternator tested :y

61omegacott

• East Yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2009, 18:44:46 »

thanks again for the quick response.  Have charged the battery and the battery charger is showing the battery charged. I have measured the voltage across the terminals and it shows 12.25v. Is this enough? What should the voltage be for a fully charged battery? I thought it was about 14v. Could some one confirm what it should be? Thanks again.

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2009, 18:59:01 »

That's fine, you'll only see 14v when the engine is running i.e. the alternator is charging the battery. :y

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2009, 19:00:39 »

left the interior light on???

Cameron

• Morayshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2009, 19:03:59 »

Just realised, you charged the battery in just over an hour?  :o  What kind of charger you got?  

61omegacott

• East Yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2009, 11:16:17 »

battery held a charge of 12.25v overnight so the battery seems fine. Looks as if it could be the alternator as when I installed the battery I am sure there were no lights had been left on.  I have read the info. on repairing the alternator and it seems fairly straight forward.  Is there a simple way to check if the alt. is giving low output or high output?  Any other hits and tips would be very welcome.
thanks to all for help.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2009, 11:29:40 »

battery held a charge of 12.25v overnight so the battery seems fine. Looks as if it could be the alternator as when I installed the battery I am sure there were no lights had been left on.  I have read the info. on repairing the alternator and it seems fairly straight forward.  Is there a simple way to check if the alt. is giving low output or high output?  Any other hits and tips would be very welcome.
thanks to all for help.
Have a read of this http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1225724099 :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

61omegacott

• East Yorks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2009, 14:51:24 »

going to collect the car today after having the alternator checked as my readings were inconclusive. Hope it is alright as going away in the caravan next weekend.  Havn't found the reason why the battery went flat unless I did leave a light on.  I would appreciate knowing  the secret method to open the bonnet so if it happened again I could open the bonnet and connect another battery and then the remote would work.
Please could someone email me details so I couold have a try before we set off next week. email jmackro61@msn.com  Thanks again for all the help. Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.