Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Police visit......  (Read 7184 times)

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
Re: Police visit......
« Reply #15 on: 24 August 2006, 10:18:42 »

I cant say I have had any problems like these, but finlay good luck in your search to find that idiot.  :)

flymike

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 August 2006, 11:04:45 »

Looks like i will have to make sure i keep cars i'm breaking off the road. The road in question has been a reasonable for many years. But as will most things, people are not happy unless they are moaning about something.

My adivce would be to keep it there till march. and put a big sign in the window saying "It was going to be moved but now it can stay".  ;D
« Last Edit: 24 August 2006, 11:06:59 by flymike »

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #17 on: 24 August 2006, 11:36:03 »

Looks like i will have to make sure i keep cars i'm breaking off the road. The road in question has been a reasonable for many years. But as will most things, people are not happy unless they are moaning about something.

My adivce would be to keep it there till march. and put a big sign in the window saying "It was going to be moved but now it can stay".  ;D

;D

oh you mischevious so and so  ;)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

flymike

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 August 2006, 11:48:12 »

Yep....

Gone are the day when people would come up to you if they had a problem, now they would rather back-stab, bitch, complain and be underhanded.

In that last few days a good friend (around my age) riped me off for £50 yet someone (more mature) I don't even know offered me a engine.

People have no repect anymore, and as generations come and go we loose a bit more.

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 August 2006, 11:48:14 »

Cheeky  ;D

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 24 August 2006, 11:54:08 »

I trust the regulars here more than I would trust most people!

I have not forgotten the C/L motor Martin - just haven't had chance to fit it yet!

Finlay - I'll check the pipe tonight and PM you with details!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #21 on: 24 August 2006, 12:19:39 »

Actually - oh here we gooooooooooooooooooooooo another rant  >:(

Ronnie you should be privilaged!! a police visit within hours of it being reported....

I had to await 6 days and lodge a complaint before i got a visit for a stolen car.

You must be important mate  :)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Eighth_dwarf

• Brissol
    • '97 2.5 CD Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 August 2006, 12:23:34 »

Tossers. Not the police, the prat in my street who rang them an hour after I finished taking the lights off, to report the car as abandoned.

They turned up at 8pm tonight to wander around the car with their torches. Now, this is interesting because as I opened the front door to ask if there was a problem, they asked me if I know who owns the car. Yep, me I said. Why? Then they revealed that 'someone' had reprted it as abandoned. I explained that I had only finished taking the last parts off this afternoon and that it was booked to go to the scrapyard on Friday. I then went on to point out that it still has the tax disc on it (March 31 2007) and that it is insured and has a current MoT..............

I think the arguement against would go along the lines of....It may well have had a current MOT certificate. but not a valid MOT certificate. So technically should not have been on the road. No lights on it, no reflectors, parked on the side of the road in the dark.......well you get the picture. Also if the phoned up and complained to the council, they could come and tow it away as it could be causing a nuciense (and on that score you couldn't just park it outside their hose for a few weeks, not in that condition anyway).

but all that said, I'm on your side! nosey gits should mind their own business. If they were that concered why didn't they just ask how long it was going to be there in that condition???!!!

Daily drive     - 1997 2.5 CD Auto - 25-35 mpg
Weekend Fun - 2003 RX8 231      - 14-18 mpg

flymike

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 August 2006, 13:40:46 »

Tossers. Not the police, the prat in my street who rang them an hour after I finished taking the lights off, to report the car as abandoned.

They turned up at 8pm tonight to wander around the car with their torches. Now, this is interesting because as I opened the front door to ask if there was a problem, they asked me if I know who owns the car. Yep, me I said. Why? Then they revealed that 'someone' had reprted it as abandoned. I explained that I had only finished taking the last parts off this afternoon and that it was booked to go to the scrapyard on Friday. I then went on to point out that it still has the tax disc on it (March 31 2007) and that it is insured and has a current MoT..............

I think the arguement against would go along the lines of....It may well have had a current MOT certificate. but not a valid MOT certificate. So technically should not have been on the road. No lights on it, no reflectors, parked on the side of the road in the dark.......well you get the picture. Also if the phoned up and complained to the council, they could come and tow it away as it could be causing a nuciense (and on that score you couldn't just park it outside their hose for a few weeks, not in that condition anyway).

but all that said, I'm on your side! nosey gits should mind their own business. If they were that concered why didn't they just ask how long it was going to be there in that condition???!!!

You could take the wheels of it, they would be reluctant to move it as it would damage it, and if they did, would they not be responceable for paying for the damage, even if a nuciense it is still your property.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 24 August 2006, 13:47:24 »

I suspect I know which neighbour it is... >:(

Now Finlay is a bright chap, and knows that revenge is a dish best served cold.  ;)

The Administrator.

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 August 2006, 14:12:02 »

No you didn't start anything mate, don't worry - I won't.

Let me tell you a funny story. I cannot remember this guys name, but he lived in the next street to me in Thornton Heath, Croydon. This guy went on Holiday to somewhere nice and, as a keen fisherman, went out on one of those big boats jobbers with fish rod and line made of steel. he caught a whopper, about 10ft marlin I believe. So, he had it stuffed and flewn back. Turned out it was too big for his garage, so he made a fram and stuck it on the roof. Looked quite good actually. My view, its his house.

Now, some neighbours didn't like it and instead of mentioning it to him, reported him to the council - who sent round soem little pen pushing hitler who decided he needed planning permission, so it had to go.

What they didn't account for is that if you poke a wasp nest, you can get stung. He took the fish down and it was not seen again. However, incensed he did his homework and discovered that you didn't need any planning permission to keep a chieften tank on your lawn. So, he bought one and parked it right there. And so the war with the neighbours and council kicked off.

He added a whole host of oddities and nightmares over the next few years and was regularly seen driving through Croydon in one of his military vehicles giving the Council a 'V' on the way past, because try as they may, they could do nothing as he hadn't broken any laws, by-laws or planning permissions.

The neighbours flooded the market with 'for sale' signs and he would ensure that the tank was running in time for any prospective viewings and he succeeded in de-valuing the entire street.

His neighbours tried to buy him out and indeed I belive the council attampted a compulsary purchase, but failed.

As far as I know, he is still there and still enjoying every minute.

Now, where can I buy a tank?

A heartwarming story R McB - one up for the ordinary man [smiley=happy.gif]

Sorry to hear your giving up your projects, but good luck with you new venture[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Anyway, hope you get your health back to normal soon - maybe time to put the old plates of meat up for a while and relax with a nice cold beer [smiley=beer.gif]
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

TheOutcast

« Reply #26 on: 24 August 2006, 15:55:51 »

RonaldMcBurger isn't the only one who repairs cars at the side of the road, and the police usually turn a blind eye. There's one near me, it's been up on axle stands for a couple of weeks now.
BUT.
It is illegal to keep a vehicle on the road unless it is roadworthy. If it is not roadworthy; and I'm guessing that this one wasn't; the M.O.T. is invalid, the insurance is invalid, and without those two, the Tax disk is also invalid.
While I sympathise with anyone who gets into trouble for working on their car at the side of the road, the law ain't on our side. :'(

Mod: and no, it wasn't me, who dobbed you in, I've no idea where you live, and even if I did, it's none of my business. Live and let live, that's what I say.
« Last Edit: 24 August 2006, 15:57:46 by TheOutcast »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 August 2006, 16:03:08 »

Sorry to hear about your problems Fin, got a few round here like that, pratts.

Get yourself one of these only £4,500 :

Military Sales site: http://www.milweb.net/index2.html

Martin_1962

« Reply #28 on: 24 August 2006, 16:24:49 »

Ooooh an armoured people carrier! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 August 2006, 17:15:10 »

I personally would pop a note through all the neighbours doors saying the council are re-surfacing the road on such and such a date and could all residents please ensure all cars are away on this date.

Then when the street is clear get as many Omegas as I could and line the street with em!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.