Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blast from the past  (Read 2469 times)

levanthai

• Hà Nội
    • Mazda6
    • View Profile
Blast from the past
« on: 05 October 2018, 02:52:05 »

Been in a 16 plate Kuga today and on the centre info screen you can "personalise" it with a picture of your choosing the owner had a picture of the cast[in uniform]and title of the show The Navy Lark.By the 'eck that brought back a flood of childhood memories,listening to the wireless[as they were called back then]and watching the TV both courtesy of Rediffusion and so many other memories!!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
Re: Blast from the past
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2018, 04:51:49 »

Ah yes, along with "Take it from Here", "Educating Archie" - a ventroloquist act on radio! - and many others, including the awful Clitheroe Kid and mediocre Billy Cotton.
Am I showing my age? Nah, I'm only 29: my grandad told me about them....

Ron.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2018, 07:44:46 »

There was a car[also a Kuga I think]round here with exactly the same picture.My parents too had wireless and television courtesy of Rediffusion :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2018, 08:38:22 »

Default picture at factory?

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2018, 16:32:56 »

Ah yes, along with "Take it from Here", "Educating Archie" - a ventroloquist act on radio! - and many others, including the awful Clitheroe Kid and mediocre Billy Cotton.

Ron.

I loved listening to Billy Cotton Band Show ( "Wakey Wakey") Ron , as I did listening to Gracie Fields, the Lancashire Lass 8) 8) 8) :y
« Last Edit: 05 October 2018, 16:35:30 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2018, 17:03:28 »

Ron.

I loved listening to Billy Cotton Band Show ( "Wakey Wakey") Ron , as I did listening to Gracie Fields, the Lancashire Lass 8) 8) 8) :y
Billy Cotton? I'm the same age as you and I never listened to that! My earliest memories are of The Searchers, Freddy and the Dreamers, Dave Clark Five, Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Gerry and the Pacemakers........even Petula Clark, Matt Monro and The Righteous Brothers. But not Billy Cotton. Never did like Elvis much, either.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2018, 17:14:00 »

Ron.

Billy Cotton? I'm the same age as you and I never listened to that! My earliest memories are of The Searchers, Freddy and the Dreamers, Dave Clark Five, Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick and Titch, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Gerry and the Pacemakers........even Petula Clark, Matt Monro and The Righteous Brothers. But not Billy Cotton. Never did like Elvis much, either.

What,no Seekers ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2018, 17:55:43 »

Ron.

What,no Seekers ::)
Yep, the Seekers. Lots more, too, but I'm not going to list them  ;D
Go on then, Lonnie Donnegan.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2018, 19:39:02 »

Yes remember well seeing the Billy Cotton Band Show and The Black And White Minstrels[try getting away with that one these days :o]also Sunday Night At The London Palladium.It was my parents TV after all.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2018, 19:55:05 »

Ron.

No, you didn't? :o :o

In 1958-60 my mum often had the radio on during Sunday when he was on with his band.  I also used to listen to Frank Sinatra, the rest of the Rat Pack, Tommy Steel, Lonney Donigan, etc, etc.  In fact all the 'Hit' makers of the day on the BBC Light Programme.

All the singers and groups you mention were all after 1963. :D ;)
« Last Edit: 05 October 2018, 19:58:43 by Lizzie Zoom »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 October 2018, 20:01:25 »

Is this thread exclusively for old people who are waiting to die? :)

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2018, 20:03:28 »

Ron.

No, you didn't? :o :o

In 1958-60 my mum often had the radio on during Sunday when he was on with his band.  I also used to listen to Frank Sinatra, the rest of the Rat Pack, Tommy Steel, Lonney Donigan, etc, etc.  In fact all the 'Hit' makers of the day on the BBC Light Programme.

All the singers and groups you mention were all after 1963. :D ;)
Yeah, when I was ten. Before that I was playing footie in the street or razzing around on my trusty Raleigh bike or playing conkers or fishing with my sixpenny fishing net....not listening to Billy Cotton.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2018, 20:06:07 »

Is this thread exclusively for old people who are waiting to die? :)
You don't have to be old to die. You could be wafting along in your jag when, suddenly, a tree jumps out in front of you. Very sad.  :)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2018, 20:11:04 »

Round the Horn and Beyond our Ken, two great Sunday radio shows back in the day. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 05 October 2018, 20:28:54 »

Round the Horn and Beyond our Ken, two great Sunday radio shows back in the day. ;D
It was the goons for me. Think they were on Saturday teatime.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.