Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd misfire problem  (Read 1066 times)

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
Odd misfire problem
« on: 28 October 2017, 21:19:36 »

Purchased a 3.2 elite recently that had a few problems. Was severely dodgy on the idle but on getting it home and having a good look discovered multiple split vacuum pipes and the plenum was nearly stuffed solid! Managed to get all sorted anyway and only problem I have now is misfire on 1,3 and 5. I've chaged both cam gaskets, new coil packs and new plugs. The only problem I can see is that some1 has broken the little clip on the connector which plugs into the 135 coil pack. Would this be enough to cause misfire and how the heck do I fix it??
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: Odd misfire problem
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2017, 03:33:28 »

I doubt it, as long as the 2 halves are pushed fully home. If in doubt, a cable clip around the assembly should ensure it stays plugged in.

berserkerboy

• Intermediate Member
  • Llansadwrn, Carmarthenshire SA19
    • 3.2 V6 Elite 02 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2017, 07:57:56 »

I had a misfire on mine recently. Turned out to be the vacuum pipe that comes from the back of the engine to the throttle assembly at the front. Also, had a problem a while back with the ecu connections. Might be worthwhile unclipping them, spray with cleaner and popping them back. I disconnected the battery before I did this. :(

shyboy

• Omega Knight
  • Southport, merseyside.
    • Mazda 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2017, 10:08:35 »

The clip holding the coil pack connector plug in place seems to be a 'belt and braces' thing. When I fitted a new 2,4,6 coil pack it was actually preventing the plug from locating fully for some undetectable reason so I simply removed it. There is a little 'nib' over which the plug clips and this has been good enough to keep it in place.
The clip on the 1,3,5 side was already broken and doing nothing and this has been no problem either. Terry paget's cable clip solution would enable you to be sure that the plug isn't the source of your misfire problem, and I might do this on both mine as a precaution.
Post up if you find the source of the problem.  :y
« Last Edit: 29 October 2017, 10:11:08 by shyboy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.