Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Disability benefits  (Read 1635 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Disability benefits
« Reply #15 on: 06 March 2013, 13:14:55 »

The challenge we have is that we as a country are in no position to keep funding the huge benefit bill (plus may other things such as armed forces, mp's perks etc).

A major issue is making sure we give just enough to live on which in some cases we clearly dont and in others we give to much. Benefits are seen by some as a right and an easy option.

I have no idea what the answer is but there is only one fact, to many kids and to idle to work cant be rewarded plus funding smoking, drinking, sky tv, designer cloths, foreign holidays cant be done any more.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2013, 13:20:39 »

Foremost in the government's mind when making economies, is to consider whose voice is the loudest at the ballot box, sadly. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 March 2013, 13:22:29 »

And hence the benefits as the workers arnt able to find the time to vote  ;D :y

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 March 2013, 14:16:06 »

I think the firm responsible for accessing the needs of people just sent out a blanket letter saying they were all able to work. Friends of mine then contested it and are still waiting now to see if they are OK. This started over 18 months ago and I know one of them is close to a breakdown with worry. She'll lose her house if they do take it away. Once when she tried to find out what was happening they said "why don't you start packing up your belongings so it's not such a shock if you are rejected" I've never seen somebody in such a mess over just one comment. On another note 6 years ago I had the mother of all motorbike accidents. Well I wasn't able to work for ages and had to get benefits. It was still tight but we made do. Once I was back at work they asked for the money back and took my child credits off me to pay for it. If I was from another country and had no intention of ever going back to work I'd never be expected to pay it back. So yes I do get bitter and twisted when people who are seen as easy targets get squeezed.  >:(
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 March 2013, 14:19:33 »

I think the firm responsible for accessing the needs of people just sent out a blanket letter saying they were all able to work. Friends of mine then contested it and are still waiting now to see if they are OK. This started over 18 months ago and I know one of them is close to a breakdown with worry. She'll lose her house if they do take it away. Once when she tried to find out what was happening they said "why don't you start packing up your belongings so it's not such a shock if you are rejected" I've never seen somebody in such a mess over just one comment. On another note 6 years ago I had the mother of all motorbike accidents. Well I wasn't able to work for ages and had to get benefits. It was still tight but we made do. Once I was back at work they asked for the money back and took my child credits off me to pay for it. If I was from another country and had no intention of ever going back to work I'd never be expected to pay it back. So yes I do get bitter and twisted when people who are seen as easy targets get squeezed.  >:(
You`d get better treatment and also be told exactly what you can claim. Sadly English (born & bred from English parents) claimants are kept in the dark by the officialdom and consequently deserving cases are left short-changed
« Last Edit: 06 March 2013, 14:22:27 by RobG »
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.