Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Boiler Short Cycling  (Read 2470 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Boiler Short Cycling
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2019, 12:33:03 »

IF it is a gas related problem,like modulating gas valve bummed ,you should pay and have a "gas safe " engineer to rape you  ;D

Except they are of course NOT engineers, they are fitters (and hence why the items we talk about in this thread will be alien to them  ;D ;D ;D)

Profile is an on/off gas valve, no modulation, probably why they are so reliable ! ;D

And the cycling will have nothing to do with the kettling

I agree in part about a gas safe engineer not being an engineer,  but some do have good knowledge and possibly engineering training, some are just plumbers who can solder a pipe but have no idea when it comes to the complex electrical systems of a modern boiler ,many just parts swap or replace the entire boiler  :(

I've watched a few gas "safe"  ::) plumbers on jobs and thought to myself  "not going to bother with leak detection spray for those connections you just had apart then Mr gas safe"  :-X
I said...
IF it is a gas related problem,like modulating gas valve bummed ,you should pay and have a "gas safe " engineer to rape you  ;D
purely because gas is not to be messed with if you don't know what your doing  :y
In the same way electricity is dangerous too, though most houses have RCD protection these days ....

then again, this is OOF , many here might still have gas lighting or a wylex rewirable fuse box at best  ;D :D

Never yet seen any sort of engineering level training for Gas, heating, plumbing etc and doubt, if they did have a real globally recognised engineering qual, that they would be messing about with boilers.  :y

All this gas safe and NIC type stuff is a joke in reality, those that were bodging and causing issues will continue to do so. They have no care about safety and quality anyway.

Those who were doing a good job, many a better job than the so called pros, are the ones that are more impacted as they are more likely to follow the rules.

It also doesn't detract from the loop holes in the 'rules' which effectively means many jobs can still be done anyway!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.