Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IE v. Edge  (Read 959 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
IE v. Edge
« on: 16 August 2019, 10:53:13 »

Has anyone noticed some websites don't work properly anymore if you use IE, but work in Edge?
I like red cars

aaronjb

Re: IE v. Edge
« Reply #1 on: 16 August 2019, 11:12:48 »

Has anyone noticed some websites don't work properly anymore if you use IE, but work in Edge?

No .. but at work most of the stuff we "have" to use is the other way around; only works in IE, if you enable Flash, and turn off all the security settings ;D

ADP, I'm looking at you.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 August 2019, 12:41:07 »

Spooky, 2 minutes ago I just had change from Firefox to IE to complete my electoral declaration. Would'nt work in FF, fine in IE. :-\ :-\ :-\

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 16 August 2019, 12:42:58 »

Spooky, 2 minutes ago I just had change from Firefox to IE to complete my electoral declaration. Would'nt work in FF, fine in IE. :-\ :-\ :-\
I couldn't get mine to work on safari last week, so I texted instead.

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 16 August 2019, 12:55:14 »

Did mine this week in Chrome (ssshh, Jaime).. then I was invited to fill out a survey on "Would you be more or less likely to vote if"..

".. if we used electronic voting machines certified secure by industry experts" - aw, hell no!
".. if we used electronic voting machines certified secure by the government" - excuse me while I try to stop laughing so I can breathe again ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 August 2019, 09:26:51 »

Yup, Edge is supposed to be more standards compliant than IE, and because IE is no longer king, website developers are not putting in the IE workarounds.

Edge has its own set of problems, though, including OOF.  Also, on older hardware on sites laden with embedded apps, it hammers the CPU badly.

FF has its own problems, but for the most part in non corporate environments (where you need IE in general), displays most pages.  But FF are starting to implement/enforce/control some very naughty things that have the potential to kill the Internet.

Chrome on Windows. Don't. Just don't. Ever.

Safari on Windows needs extreme care to install securely. The standard installer leads to an easily compromised setup.

So you need an army of browsers.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.