Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test/Raise self levelling suspension (Elite only)  (Read 9293 times)

feeutfo

Test/Raise self levelling suspension (Elite only)
« on: 15 August 2009, 04:50:01 »

This applys to my 52 plate 3.2 elite. Other years may differ somehow?

Very handy tip if you have self leveling suspension and need to work under the rear of the car. Change fuel filter, exhaust or donut bushes or fit a tow bar etc. Or if you just need to check the senor is working correctly.

Pic below shows the self leveling height sensor box, with right angle arm, to kinked wire con rod with black plastic rose joint at each end, attached to the anti role bar bracket on the rear suspension arm.

To Raise the rear of the car to full height, with engine/ignition off hand brake on for safety, lay by the side of the rear door drivers with your head level with/below the fuel filler cap reach under the car with screw driver in left hand
and and simply lever off the rose joint(i find the lower joint is easiest)and raise the right angle arm.

Then start the engine (it will flatten the battery with just ignition on) and wait while the pump kicks in and raises the car to the height set by the arm. Full height is ridiculously high, great for access. To lower again or if your jobs done simply lower the right angle arm or re fit the rose joint, it will pop on with your fingers, and you should hear the pump release air, the car should then drop to a point below the set height then pump back up and settle.

One small point to be aware of, if the car is plugged in to tech2 at a later date, the above procedure will throw a fault code as the pump will have been running for some time and the car will think the system has a leak, it will only show in the self level ecu. Nothing to worry about, just dont go looking for leaks that arent there. :y

« Last Edit: 20 March 2010, 07:29:29 by jimbob »

feeutfo

pic of self level pump
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2009, 19:17:06 »

situated directy below drivers side headlight/behind fog light on my 3,2 elite.

Hth  :y
« Last Edit: 13 November 2009, 09:34:10 by jimbob »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Test/Raise self levelling suspesion(Elite only)
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2009, 18:47:45 »

On 2.5TD, because the normal mounting area is taken up with the intercooler, the pump is mounted just behind gearbox, passenger side, under the car
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.