Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESSEX Meet...A BIG update on recent updates.  (Read 1700 times)

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
ESSEX Meet...A BIG update on recent updates.
« on: 20 September 2011, 17:56:34 »

After reading Johns post regarding us being rebuked by the Crown at Ardleigh, I sent them an email asking for an explanation.

Had a call a few mins ago from Tracy at the Crown, along with a HUGE apology.

The wally that John spoke too, automatically assumed that a ton of us would all pitch up requiring food all at the same time which they are unable to cope with. Tracy remembered us from last year and was most concerned that her colleague turned us down.

She has asked me to greatly apologise for the mix up and ask's for us to reconsider. The space outside is open for us PLUS if the weather isn't good they can offer us a "private area" inside.  I have warned her that plans may well have been made to go elsewhere and I certainly don't want to embarrass John regarding his calls to the Balkerne Gate.

She has made a note in the book that we MAY be coming to the Crown though and I said either John or I would get back to her.

She REALLY did sound upset that John wasn't offered the courtesy that he deserved.

Ideas/comments please.

Big_Al

Re: ESSEX Meet...A BIG update on recent updates.
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2011, 19:45:19 »

Duggs, as you probably read in the other thread - I was amazed that they had turned us down,  another case of the oily rag  / come jobsworth I guess.

My opinion is that we should await Johnnie's thoughts on this one. :-/ :-/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2011, 20:08:39 »

That sounds more like it :y I had intended contacting them but have been a little busy arranging employment ::) I left home at 0700 this morning and walked back in at 1900 after a very productive business meeting near Leeds :y

Anyway... My personal preference is for the Crown but I'll go with the majority decision (as I can't commit until nearer the time ;))
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2011, 20:32:20 »

That sounds more like it :y I had intended contacting them but have been a little busy arranging employment ::) I left home at 0700 this morning and walked back in at 1900 after a very productive business meeting near Leeds :y

Anyway... My personal preference is for the Crown but I'll go with the majority decision (as I can't commit until nearer the time ;))

My preference is the crown as well,  I just hope we don't all turn up there and then get turned away :-/

I will be speaking to the Balkerne gate in due course to cancel said venue ::)

So as original thread - Venue back on :o

duggs

• Omega Knight
  • Felixstowe
    • BMW 3.0 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2011, 20:37:51 »

Do you wish for me to speak to Tracy at the Crown John.  As mentioned, she was full of apologies and has booked us in for the 15th in any event for now...JUST wants me to confirm.

She only asks that we do what we did last time, which is basically enjoy our time there but don't all order food at the same time...simples !

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2011, 20:38:57 »

After reading Johns post regarding us being rebuked by the Crown at Ardleigh, I sent them an email asking for an explanation.

Had a call a few mins ago from Tracy at the Crown, along with a HUGE apology.

The wally that John spoke too, automatically assumed that a ton of us would all pitch up requiring food all at the same time which they are unable to cope with. Tracy remembered us from last year and was most concerned that her colleague turned us down.

She has asked me to greatly apologise for the mix up and ask's for us to reconsider. The space outside is open for us PLUS if the weather isn't good they can offer us a "private area" inside.  I have warned her that plans may well have been made to go elsewhere and I certainly don't want to embarrass John regarding his calls to the Balkerne Gate.

She has made a note in the book that we MAY be coming to the Crown though and I said either John or I would get back to her.

She REALLY did sound upset that John wasn't offered the courtesy that he deserved.

Ideas/comments please.

You have officially been elected to deal with the Crown,  I will be letting the Plan B venue know tomorrow that we will not be attending.

Just hope we don't get messed about like the shoulder of mutton :-/

Anyway well done duggs and see you on the 15th. :y

johnnycboy

• Omega Knight
  • Colchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2011, 20:40:06 »

Do you wish for me to speak to Tracy at the Crown John.  As mentioned, she was full of apologies and has booked us in for the 15th in any event for now...JUST wants me to confirm.

She only asks that we do what we did last time, which is basically enjoy our time there but don't all order food at the same time...simples !

As above post Duggs :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.