Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Jaguar XFR  (Read 6513 times)

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Jaguar XFR
« Reply #15 on: 13 April 2019, 13:40:11 »

Info on Direct Injection and LPG if you are interested .. :)

https://brc.it/en/kit/sequent-direct-injection-2-0-en/

https://www.prinsautogas.com/en/products/directliquimax_system/directliquimax_system.html

Most of the other LPG suppliers are now also doing Direct Injection systems  as well :)

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2019, 17:31:11 »

I'll buy yours when you get bored of it  :-*

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13 April 2019, 18:05:57 »

Strangely, I was hovering over a Buy Now XFR the other day...  ...but the economy would be my issue.

Are they LPG-able TB?  ???

My need for a battered workhorse estate will (hopefully) be coming to an end soonish and I'm thinking of treating myself to something nice.  :)
Pretty certain they are direct injection, which I would imagine would make LPG'ing more challenging.

Not sure if the XF is the same, but the X351 XJ has a massive wheel well that would take a huge tank.

Thinking about it, I've seen later L322 RR's with the Jag V8 that have LPG, but maybe that's the 4.4V8 not the 5.0ltr.  :-\
How late L322? Very early had Jag 4.2, replaced for the incontinent BMW 4.4 reasonably early on, and later ones got the very decent Jag 5l, probably around 2008ish?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13 April 2019, 18:08:01 »

Info on Direct Injection and LPG if you are interested .. :)

https://brc.it/en/kit/sequent-direct-injection-2-0-en/

https://www.prinsautogas.com/en/products/directliquimax_system/directliquimax_system.html

Most of the other LPG suppliers are now also doing Direct Injection systems  as well :)
Yes, sorry, I meant DIY.  I'm not happy with mongs touching my car ;)
Grumpy old man

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 April 2019, 22:34:00 »

An alternative within your budget could be E63 AMG, but only the one with the proper AMG 6.2L V8.
As big V8s go, they are impressive, 500bhp, 7500 rpm and no superchargers or turbos to worry about.  XFR's very nice too, the supercharged 5Litre is tuned for low end torque, but I'd be worried about reliability, especially transmission and electrics.
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13 April 2019, 22:59:56 »

Strangely, I was hovering over a Buy Now XFR the other day...  ...but the economy would be my issue.

Are they LPG-able TB?  ???

My need for a battered workhorse estate will (hopefully) be coming to an end soonish and I'm thinking of treating myself to something nice.  :)
Pretty certain they are direct injection, which I would imagine would make LPG'ing more challenging.

Not sure if the XF is the same, but the X351 XJ has a massive wheel well that would take a huge tank.

Thinking about it, I've seen later L322 RR's with the Jag V8 that have LPG, but maybe that's the 4.4V8 not the 5.0ltr.  :-\
How late L322? Very early had Jag 4.2, replaced for the incontinent BMW 4.4 reasonably early on, and later ones got the very decent Jag 5l, probably around 2008ish?

I was thinking about the Jag 4.2 S/C, but that came after the BMW 4.4 in 2005, so not that late on really.  :-\

I guess the super charged Jag 5.0 V8 is the same lump that Lord Opti has and I bet that's great in a RR!  :y

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Range_Rover_(L322)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13 April 2019, 23:01:04 »

An alternative within your budget could be E63 AMG, but only the one with the proper AMG 6.2L V8.
As big V8s go, they are impressive, 500bhp, 7500 rpm and no superchargers or turbos to worry about.  XFR's very nice too, the supercharged 5Litre is tuned for low end torque, but I'd be worried about reliability, especially transmission and electrics.

As nice as the C63, E63, ML63 etc.. With the M156 6.2 V8 N/A engines are they have been known to have their own problems. Not very common, Granted. But would always be at the back of my mind... I believe most but not all of the niggles where fixed from around 2012/2013>... Earlier cars from 2006-2012 that had the M156 6.2 V8 N/A engine fitted could have issues such as the head bolts snapping, lifter issues, cam shafts... etc..

No idea what the newer E63 with the 5.5 V8 Turbo are like for reliability. Maybe they would be the safer bet?

Only powerful Mercedes I’d consider would be one fitted with the what’s considered a pretty reliable engine. The M113 5.4 V8 N/A or M113K 5.4 V8 Supercharged... Although I believe these ended around 2006 for the E55 / CLS55.

Take these for example, Very nice car’s IMO.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903226155313?atmobcid=soc4

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903196043905?atmobcid=soc4

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 April 2019, 00:12:25 »

Dont make it any harder!

I couldn't resist browsing autotrader looking at E62 AMGs. The V8 biturbos are sexy!  ???

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 14 April 2019, 12:59:37 »

As nice as the C63, E63, ML63 etc.. With the M156 6.2 V8 N/A engines are they have been known to have their own problems. Not very common, Granted. But would always be at the back of my mind... I believe most but not all of the niggles where fixed from around 2012/2013>... Earlier cars from 2006-2012 that had the M156 6.2 V8 N/A engine fitted could have issues such as the head bolts snapping, lifter issues, cam shafts... etc..

No idea what the newer E63 with the 5.5 V8 Turbo are like for reliability. Maybe they would be the safer bet?

Only powerful Mercedes I’d consider would be one fitted with the what’s considered a pretty reliable engine. The M113 5.4 V8 N/A or M113K 5.4 V8 Supercharged... Although I believe these ended around 2006 for the E55 / CLS55.

Take these for example, Very nice car’s IMO.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903226155313?atmobcid=soc4

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201903196043905?atmobcid=soc4

Speaking of the Mercedes CLS 500 here are a couple of images of mine. No supercharger, just the N/A 306 BHP 5 litre V8..... which is the runt of the litter.

It went well enough but was far from reliable and not particularly well put together.

Loved the double banana shape though.  :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 14 April 2019, 17:43:04 »

You have had some nice cars! Are you an aristocrat?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 14 April 2019, 17:45:36 »

I'm a prole. :)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 April 2019, 17:49:17 »

When did we start buying £20,000 cars? I remember not many years ago , we were all sucking through our teeth at a £3,000 3.2 elite estate  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 April 2019, 17:52:11 »

When did we start buying £20,000 cars? I remember not many years ago , we were all sucking through our teeth at a £3,000 3.2 elite estate  ;D

You will know better than I, James.........but didn't a new 3.2 Elite retail for around £33000 in 2003?

Did anybody actually pay this amount?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 April 2019, 18:27:19 »

His nickname Lord Opti is a piss take.  :)

His proper nomenclature is His Gracious Excellency The Grand Duke Opti of Lincolnsire.   :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 April 2019, 19:12:53 »

His proper nomenclature is His Gracious Excellency The Grand Duke Opti of Lincolnsire.   :y

Thats what I thought  :y

James, the Omega was/is such a good car that the only thing that comes close is north of £20k  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.