Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best phone music app.  (Read 972 times)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
Best phone music app.
« on: 19 April 2019, 19:05:56 »

I used an old 80's Goodmans radio cassette HU with aux in function with very good results on my classic .This gave me a period looking head unit with modern functionality .
The difficulty I experienced was that when playing off my phone the app used had a very small control panel when in play mode on screen .
This made selection and control almost impossible whilst driving resulting in me changing for a period looking Kenwood with USB facility .
Now the problem is similar in that track or album selection is very push buttony on pinheads   ::) .... rendering change whilst driving virtually impossible again.
Deja vu  :(
The new Kenwood is , surprisingly , not a country mile better than the Goodmans which is not a bad reflection on the Kenwood but more an accolade on the Goodmans so I am now looking for a better music app for my phone that retains a full screen control panel for < play/stop and > .
I've had a quick look on line but so far have not found anything but prior to looking deeper later thought I'd ask if any of you have encountered the same problem and if so what app are you using .
Thanks
Don

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: Best phone music app.
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2019, 07:56:18 »

YouTube Music is a tenner a month and it works quite well with my fists of ham...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2019, 09:20:59 »

Thanks for that but as a tight Scotsman living in poor Ireland I was looking for something for free or for pennies  :-[
Seriously , I have a large and ever growing music collection that I prefer to likes of UT or any streaming site so would prefer to use it.
I found a couple of free and cheap pay apps that I'll try and see if they make it easier to use, i'm sure we'll find something.
Thanks again for the suggestion. :y

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2019, 09:23:01 »

You don't say what the 'app used' is. On the very few occasions I put music from my phone through my car speakers I use amazon music. I don't have a monthly subscription, I have bought the music I have over the past ten years, and downloaded the ones I play most from the amazon music app. I can always delete one album from my phone and download another when at home on Wi-fi.
I don't like subscribing to monthly payments because, if you stop, you lose your music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.