Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newent meet  (Read 3021 times)

Bob G

• Intermediate Member
  • Gloucester
    • View Profile
Newent meet
« on: 04 September 2011, 18:42:24 »

Quick thanks to all I met for a short time at Newent, made to feel very welcome, and to see the type of work being done was amazing, the bonus was getting my window motor fixed as well, thanks for that.

Hopefullly will be able to stay longer next time.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Newent meet
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2011, 18:53:28 »

It was Great that you could come along Bob  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2011, 20:17:27 »

Like to echo Bob G me and wifey had a brilliant time met a bunch of very nice people :y warmest thanks to bob the bar b que dent for taking us under his wing and letting us spend time with him and his family we had a very nice time and enjoyed your company thanks :y and thanks bob for fixing my door :y

Thanks for all the advice regarding my gearbox problem will update you on progress

But thanks to all of you ,wifes, kids, dogs we really had a great time and still laugh about some of the things your a great bunch and we hope to see you all again soon (next time in a tent or van :o)

If your reading this and have never been to a meet GOOOOO you will have such a good time and everyone is honestly freindly and carachters in their own right,Your made to feel very welcome there is always someone to have a chat with or something going on. Even if you know nothing about cars you will get help advice a beer and a burger and made to feel a part of OOF which is not just about cars. Its a family affair even the dogs welcome. I did not think this would be wifeys cup of tea but she loved it :y :y :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2011, 20:49:11 »

Like to echo Bob G me and wifey had a brilliant time met a bunch of very nice people :y warmest thanks to bob the bar b que dent for taking us under his wing and letting us spend time with him and his family we had a very nice time and enjoyed your company thanks :y and thanks bob for fixing my door :y

Thanks for all the advice regarding my gearbox problem will update you on progress

But thanks to all of you ,wifes, kids, dogs we really had a great time and still laugh about some of the things your a great bunch and we hope to see you all again soon (next time in a tent or van :o)

If your reading this and have never been to a meet GOOOOO you will have such a good time and everyone is honestly freindly and carachters in their own right,Your made to feel very welcome there is always someone to have a chat with or something going on. Even if you know nothing about cars you will get help advice a beer and a burger and made to feel a part of OOF which is not just about cars. Its a family affair even the dogs welcome. I did not think this would be wifeys cup of tea but she loved it :y :y :y

Glad that you both enjoyed it Paul, great to see you both  :y
See you soon
Daz :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2011, 20:52:00 »

Glad I missed it.   ::)

Looks like there are a lot of philistines attended who drink beer and cheap Scotch rather than decent whisky.   :P

At least my stocks are still intact(ish).....   :)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2011, 20:59:29 »

Looks like there are a lot of philistines attended who drink beer and cheap Scotch rather than decent whisky.   :P

You were Missed mate  :(

Some nice Whisky was sampled though  :P

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2011, 21:02:15 »

You were Missed mate  :(

Some nice Whisky was sampled though  :P

;D  ;D  ;D

T'was never in doubt, truth be told.   :)

I did miss a good weekend away from the dross that currently surrounds me but, c'est la vie......   :-[   :'(   :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 September 2011, 19:40:53 »

As bobg and paullovejoy say, if you haven't been to one of our get-togethers, I would highly recommend it :y

I'm sure both bobg and paullovejoy will confirm we are not as cliquey as some people make out :P
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2011, 19:46:05 »

...we are not as cliquey as some people make out :P

and I thought you said we were ......  ::) ::) ;) ;)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 September 2011, 19:47:45 »

Can you remember that far back? ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2011, 19:49:07 »

Can you remember that far back? ;D ;D

Just!  ;) ;)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2011, 21:11:44 »

As bobg and paullovejoy say, if you haven't been to one of our get-togethers, I would highly recommend it :y

I'm sure both bobg and paullovejoy will confirm we are not as cliquey as some people make out :P
[/highlight]

the only clicking i saw was from bottle tops and darths knee when he changed a wheel 6 times he should get a job with the F1 pit crew ;D ;D..personaly i think someones got thier wires crossed if they think its cliquey never been made to feel so welcome from a bunch of people i have never met  :y :y and cant wait to see again :o :y

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2011, 21:23:19 »

Evening all. Seems every year something stops me getting to Newent. This year sadly was Mums send off. Dad hired the village pub for 4 hours with an open bar & food, 150+ folk. then some came back up the lane to the house for afters where big sis & i were put on food duties while hammered!!!

I'm sure you all had a cracking time as always & as aforementioned anyone reading this who is unsure as to whether to attend a meet, bite the bullet & put your name down, you'll be glad you did. :y
Curry makes the world go round!

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 September 2011, 22:10:51 »

Was a pleasure to meet you and Jane too Paul (and Tav) - told you you'd enjoy it!! Looks like wifey's got the camping bug now! ::) You were both more than welcome to a bit of hospitality in the "Dent Hotel" and thanks for the pressies, they contibuted subsatantially to my minging hangover on Sunday! ::) ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 September 2011, 20:50:01 »

Was a pleasure to meet you and Jane too Paul (and Tav) - told you you'd enjoy it!! Looks like wifey's got the camping bug now! ::) You were both more than welcome to a bit of hospitality in the "Dent Hotel" and thanks for the pressies, they contibuted subsatantially to my minging hangover on Sunday! ::) ;D
[/highlight]

sorry about the hangover ;D next time we will share one together  :y ooo thats gonna hurt me thinks. thanks again Bob we had a great time mate. One thing I am embarrassed to say is i cant remember your sons names  :-[ both me and wifey have the memory of a fish where names are concerned . Very nice lads them please ask them to send me a pm or something ,open offer for a weekend in paradise whenever you or the family fancy it jane would love to see you all and tav loves your sausages :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 06 September 2011, 21:14:51 »

Evening all. Seems every year something stops me getting to Newent. This year sadly was Mums send off. Dad hired the village pub for 4 hours with an open bar & food, 150+ folk. then some came back up the lane to the house for afters where big sis & i were put on food duties while hammered!!!

I'm sure you all had a cracking time as always & as aforementioned anyone reading this who is unsure as to whether to attend a meet, bite the bullet & put your name down, you'll be glad you did. :y

Yep, it's been a while Guy - about time you came back to the fold! What with none of your wonderful curry and no Thai curry from countess dundee it's putting me and the barbie under untold pressure! ::) ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.