Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fog lights/DRL's  (Read 697 times)

cah83

• SLady bitshorpe
    • Omega
    • View Profile
Fog lights/DRL's
« on: 14 April 2014, 22:58:18 »

I know this subject has been mentioned many times but I haven't found a specific solution or answer for my idea. I have a 2003 model with no fog lights at all currently. What I want to do is fit the f/l fogs and switch etc and have them function as regular for lights. What I want to know is, will the pre f/l fog lights also fit onto the car? These I believe sit a little closer in on the pre f/l model and so I thought these would function well as DRL's. I just wondered if there would be enough room to fit both sets??? Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

05omegav6

Re: Fog lights/DRL's
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2014, 23:10:21 »

Face lift fogs bolt to the bumper, but no mounting points for prefacelift ones. Prefacelift cars also have very different bumper structures.

Best bet is to source a pair of facelift units from the States, these have running and fog lights in one and will fit the facelift bumper perfectly :y you basically remove the bumper grill and replace with the one from a UK car with fog lights minus the outer ends as the US lights go all the way to the outer edge of the grill

Look like this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Catera-Fog-Lamp-Light-Used-OEM-Recycled-LH-00-01-So-Cal-Parts-Locator-/251296587078?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2001%7CMake%3ACadillac%7CModel%3ACatera&hash=item3a82719d46&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Catera-2001-other-/161274053883?forcerrptr=true&hash=item258caec4fb&item=161274053883&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Basically you need the loom, two lamps, some trim, a new headlight switch and a bit of wiring. The inner lamps would be your fogs, the outers would be the running lights :y

Might be a How to in the guides here :y

cah83

• SLady bitshorpe
    • Omega
    • View Profile
Re: Fog lights/DRL's
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2014, 22:27:37 »

Wow, that information is amazing. I had no idea that these cars were in the States. As it happens I'm actually going to be in the States in June so I'll spend a little time browsing the web to see if I can source some while I'm there.

Thank you again for all your help, I really appreciate it!!!  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.