Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor headlights, 2001 2.2DTI  (Read 1564 times)

elvis

• Estonia
    • Omega 2.2 DTI 2001
    • View Profile
Poor headlights, 2001 2.2DTI
« on: 13 November 2018, 16:23:42 »

Hi! The projector headlights with H1 bulbs are "leaving me in the dark". I measured a 0,4V voltage drop on those H1-s. Also the back of the bulb gets so hot, that it fries the connector and its plastic cover. Same story on both sides. Could someone please help me with a wiring diagram , so i could get to the bottom of this?  :-\   

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: Poor headlights, 2001 2.2DTI
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2018, 17:20:37 »

The standard connector is capable of withstanding the heat from the bulb so I would check that no one has put higher wattage ones in or that the alternator isn’t over voltage.
Once the connector gets weak on the terminals that can create more heat that will destroy them in no time.
Ceramic replacements are available but shouldn’t realy be needed if all is well.

elvis

• Estonia
    • Omega 2.2 DTI 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2018, 15:52:53 »

The bulbs are regular 55W H1-s, alternator is also fine. As i mentioned before, i measured a 0,4V voltage drop on the bulbs connector and about 0,2V on the fuse.Thats a bit too much. It seems like something is causing some extra resistance in  the circuit...

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2018, 17:37:35 »

Nothing elsewhere on the circuit can cause the bulbs to run hotter providing they are not getting more than 14.5v approx and they are standard bulbs
.if there was a resistance somewhere in the circuit it would lower the voltage at the bulb and not get as hot. I would replace the bulbs and connectors and check alternator If ii were you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.